Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5977) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9175193 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) (5978) (5979) (5980) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 8:57am On Oct 06, 2019
Does anyone have any idea how much the redmi note 8 costs??

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:58am On Oct 06, 2019
jboixxx:

If you're having so much issues with Gmail sync, just export your contact to your memory and import it to your yahoo mail, and make your mail the default contact storage.
I'm believing you're on Chinese ROM.

I didn't even think of the Chinese ROM angle
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Poshguy2(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2019
Mfunkynation:

RN7?

RN5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2019
Poshguy2:

Mostly I download the updates from MIUI website. If I download it from update in settings, it won't install with twrp, it always says error installing or file corrupted. So I usually download the full ROM then flash. But with orange fox recovery, I can now install incremental updates.
Are you sure about this?
I have orange fox recovery installed but couldn't update after downloading the incremental update through the updater app while I was on stock miui, i had to manually download and install. Is there a specific settings b4 I can achieve this? Though I've moved to miui.eu, I didnt bother to use the updater app when I got an update. I just manually downloaded and update.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Acknowledged. By the way, I need some clarification on this pls. I went to setting>About phone>System update and saw 531mb. But when I went further to "Download latest packages", I was 1.7gb. Pls can you shed more light on the difference?
I typed everything before but it got wiped off by my browser. Had to type again.
I think the 531mb is an incremental update while the 1.7gig is the entire update package. I stand to be corrected though.
I say this because the last time I got an incremental update notification it was about 138mb but after downloading and it failed to update, I relaunched the updater app only to discover that it is now showing an update of about 1.7gig.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Poshguy2(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Acknowledged. By the way, I need some clarification on this pls. I went to setting>About phone>System update and saw 531mb. But when I went further to "Download latest packages", I was 1.7gb. Pls can you shed more light on the difference?
I typed everything before but it got wiped off by my browser. Had to type again.

Try clearing the updater cache. Then check for update, the size should revert back to 531mb.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

The 531mb option, will that take me to.... 12 or I will need the 1.7gb file for that?
I think you should manually search for the 10.3.12 update, download and update through the updater app, because even if you do this download 10.3.10 you will still get another update notification for 10.3.12.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2019
Goodday famz
Please,how do I restore the default font on my Redmi 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 10:12am On Oct 06, 2019
good morning house, does the redmi 7 support hdmi? wanna know before wasting money on the cables.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Poshguy2(m): 10:18am On Oct 06, 2019
maclawrence02:

Are you sure about this?
I have orange fox recovery installed but couldn't update after downloading the incremental update through the updater app while I was on stock miui, i had to manually download and install. Is there a specific settings b4 I can achieve this? Though I've moved to miui.eu, I didnt bother to use the updater app when I got an update. I just manually downloaded and update.

Did u try changing the settings in the recovery?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2019
Poshguy2:

Thanks for this. No I did not, I saw it but didn't want to temper with what i did not have a full understanding of. I will follow your screenshot to address the issue. Once again thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:31am On Oct 06, 2019
BoleAndFish:
Honestly, if I had to do all these before installing gcam on my redmi 7, Lord knows I no go bother myself with am.

After unlocking bootloader, the rest won't take up to 50 seconds in total
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by supersaz66(m): 10:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Seen You can delete now
orogodoganyin:

08 15 79 55 67 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by visita: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2019
Exactly. That's what it does, turns a non-smart TV into a smart TV. It also allows you to cast your phone screen on to the TV. It comes with a wireless keyboard, remote and hdmi cable.

It's really beautiful.
okikiosibodu:

Brother, I though the android TV box was a kind of smart TV until I googled it now. I really don't get is full functionality... But basic, it is capable or making an ordinary TV a smart TV right?
Diens it have "cast" feature (to connect phones to TV wirelesslsy to as to relay displays frm phones to the TV?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 10:58am On Oct 06, 2019
Pls, I need a sim extender.

I'm currently in Ughelli, Delta state.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 11:11am On Oct 06, 2019
genius43:

Apart from the font stuff not much gains. But loss, a lot of added bloatwares.

letv, Gionee s11 lite or redmi 7a... all at. 33k... which is the best deal?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2019
orogodoganyin:

letv, Gionee s11 lite or redmi 7a... all at. 33k... which is the best deal?

Redmi 7 a
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:19am On Oct 06, 2019
Poshguy2:

Mine is a little different from yours. Maybe it's a different version.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2019
Poshguy2:

How did you flash Orange recovery? Did you flash twrp first and then used it to flash Orange recovery?
maclawrence02
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2019
genius43:

You will get updates but the timeline might not be in line with other regions
Goodday sir
How do I restore default font on my Redmi 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:51am On Oct 06, 2019
michaellovaldo:

Goodday sir
How do I restore default font on my Redmi 7?

From theme app. Just click on my page. Themes and and reapply your default theme
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Poshguy2(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2019
maclawrence02:

Thanks for this. No I did not, I saw it but didn't want to temper with what i did not have a full understanding of. I will follow your screenshot to address the issue. Once again thank you.

You're welcome.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 11:59am On Oct 06, 2019
genius43:

You guys are enjoying the fruits of several protests and polls by users of older Xiaomi devices.
i swear,we that are stuck with long process of unlocking boothloader and the rest

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Poshguy2(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
isco10:

How did you flash Orange recovery? Did you flash twrp first and then used it to flash Orange recovery?
maclawrence02

Actually I flashed redwolf recovery through ADB cos twrp keep giving error when I tried flashing it in fastboot mode. Then I flash twrp using redwolf. But then twrp kept encrypting my data after every reboot, so I flashed orangefox recovery using twrp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
BoleAndFish:
Examples of such launchers?

Poco 2.0, Nova launcher, Smart Launcher, Microsoft launcher etc.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
genius43:

From theme app. Just click on my page. Themes and and reapply your default theme
Done.... thanks bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I know of launchers that wake a phone up by double tapping, but not making it sleep. I am also curious to know such
as for taping to wake the screen ,its present as a xiaomi feature even raise phone to wake screen

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
macbeyland:

How pls how do I know I have the Oga sim. Seems like I was placed on yakata plan.

I can't differentiate the two, I just sub and get my bonus. But am thinking every new SIM is automatically in the Oga SIM category and it is not written when you check your balance.

Read the explanation by okikiosibodu

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Poshguy2(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
maclawrence02:

Mine is a little different from yours. Maybe it's a different version.

It's the same version. Are you on MIUI ROM? Try flashing the full ROM first, maybe u will get the option if you're using MIUI.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
EseAbed:
Pls, I need a sim extender.

I'm currently in Ughelli, Delta state.
Click here to WhatsApp me. 500+250 Shipping

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Eeyah. Thank you. Was discussing with a friend and we had a kind of funny argument. I opined that if nitel was well managed and stil in existence till date, Internet subscription would hav been freaking cheap cos there would have been mad ass competition between private telcos and government telcos, with government own having a tendency of providing cheaper service. So the private ones will be forced to make more enticing offers....
Do you subscribe to this school of thought?

Ntel is still in operation na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

After unlocking bootloader, the rest won't take up to 50 seconds in total
i wish there is anybody that will help me do mine ,using RN5 global ROM so i believe the bootloader is unlocked,all i need is the other processes (location AWKA Anambra)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) (5978) (5979) (5980) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.