Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9274902 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5976) (5977) (5978) (5979) (5980) (5981) (5982) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ray1251:
hello
Kindly exercise patience for the gurus to come help out. Did you activate "find device"? Sorry for your loss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ray1251:

hello

Awww I feel your pain

Sorry oo

If its switched off you can get those who does imei tracking to track the phone

But if it's on you can quickly login on your Google account. And go to recover lost phone. Google can help trace the phone. And even make it ring out after being put on silent. You can log in on any phone the account linked to the phone.

The latter option is cost free unlike the former that you might end up spending more than the cost price.

I don't know the make of your phone. But if it is a Samsung the thief won't be able to switch it off without putting the password. Making easier to recover
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Please give me the link
Here
Here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store
Here

Thanks really appreciate

Bro na like 6years them post there last embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2019
Jessewhyte:
Maybe it's you sef wink grin

Hmmmmm, you go gree my T&C?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
macbeyland:
affirmative.

Baba, that your streaming app is galaxies ahead of all others. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
Dramonas:

Global rom or Global version

Anyone that will work in Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Na.... I said Nitel.... The government owned
Owners of Ntel actually bought over the remaining infrastructure of Nitel if I recall.

okikiosibodu:

Obrigado. For knowledge sake, please how do you know regions that have special features?

You try em all wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Thanks really appreciate

Bro na like 6years them post there last embarassed
Sure about that?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
2kurupt:

Owners of Ntel actually bought over the remaining infrastructure of Nitel if I recall.
No be Nitel again now, cos no be govt get am again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seedorfy134(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
Please i need gcam for note7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ray1251(m): 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
KngGezy:

Awww I feel your pain

Sorry oo

But if it's on you can quickly login on your Google account. And go to recover lost phone. Google can help trace the phone. And even make it ring out after being put on silent. You can log in on any phone the account linked to the phone.
thank you sir for your prompt respond ,its a remi note 7 both password and fingerprint was on bootloader still locked ,its offline currently ....

The latter option is cost free unlike the former that you might end up spending more than the cost price.

I don't know the make of your phone. But if it is a Samsung the thief won't be able to switch it off without putting the password. Making easier to recover
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Sure about that?

Thanks didnt checked the last page

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
daseento:
Guys, I noticed that my phone battery doesn't last any longer. It's Redmi Note 4 and I'm interested in getting information on how to buy and change the phone battery.

Thanks

AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
Tiger2020:
i wish there is anybody that will help me do mine ,using RN5 global ROM so i believe the bootloader is unlocked,all i need is the other processes (location AWKA Anambra)

https://androidfilebox.com/tips/root-redmi-note-5/

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ray1251(m): 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
KngGezy:

Awww I feel your pain

Sorry oo

thank you sir for your prompt respond ,its a remi note 7 both password and fingerprint was on bootloader still locked ,its offline currently ....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ray1251:

Go and retrieve your sim
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WorldGreatest1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
genius43:

Downside of Chinese ROM. did you Sideload GAPPS from the Mi Store?
A seller did it for me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ray1251:
please my phone was stolen today is there anything i can do ,its offline

Was your Mi Account signed In? If yes the phone is useless to that person. You can also sign in to your mi account with any device that have access to internet i.mi.com to wipe the phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

No be Nitel again now, cos no be govt get am again

Government still have stake in it.

NTEL is just being lazy and dumb with everything.

You see ehn, no telecommunication company in the country have the kind of infrastructures NTEL have right now. Why they are not utilising it to full effect is what I don't understand. My dad used to work with NITEL before the flawed privatisation.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Government still have stake in it.

NTEL is just being lazy and dumb with everything.

You see ehn, no telecommunication company in the country have the kind of infrastructures NTEL have right now. Why they are not utilising it to full effect is what I don't understand. My dad used to work with NITEL before the flawed privatisation.

Ntel have one very tall mast in my location but the coverage area is wide. Don't know why they are lazy tho.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
WorldGreatest1:

A seller did it for me

Okay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

So no remedy for this uc browser? Cos the 66mb in that screenshot, I didn't download a single file and the fee uploads I did were the pix uploaded to this thread. That was all. And it was only this thread I was surfing with the 66mb. Somethingbrrally is wrong somewhere
*sobs*
Maybe you should disable tab reloading.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
[quote author=Ray1251 post=82892024][/quote]

Kai @Gptech @Grandmufti @jboixx

IMEI tracking is the option that I can profer. But the police will charge alot. I have never had cause to do it. But from stories alot of people will spend more than the phones cost price trying to track the phone. It usually ends up in futility. Except you have important data on the phone I won't advice you to do imei tracking.

Hopefully Xiaomi offers some kind of remote lockdown for its phones. You can Wait for any of these gurus to reply . But in the meantime Google up what you can . Time is of importance.

I sympathise with you

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
genius43:

Ntel have one very tall mast in my location but the coverage area is wide. Don't know why they are lazy tho.

I'm telling you. They are not ready.

They just sold their land in Zaria recently.

Their mast on that land is like *10 other networks mast. Aside that, there are so many infrastructures on that land. They sold all to those steel buyers.

If they decided to go full scale, other network providers are really in for it. Because their coverage alone self no be here. Zaria network station spans from Zaria to Zamfara and meets at Sokoto. See coverage.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
daseento:
Guys, I noticed that my phone battery doesn't last any longer. It's Redmi Note 4 and I'm interested in getting information on how to buy and change the phone battery.

Thanks
You'll need to buy a new battery from AliExpress, you can take it to any good technician to change it for you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
KngGezy:

IMEI tracking is the option that I can profer. But the police will charge alot. I have never had cause to do it. But from stories alot of people will spend more than the phones cost price trying to track the phone. It usually ends up in futility. Except you have important data on the phone I won't advice you to do imei tracking.

Hopefully Xiaomi offers some kind of remote lockdown for its phones. You can Wait for any of these gurus to reply . But in the meantime Google up what you can . Time is of importance.

I sympathise with you

If his Mi account is signed in the thief can't use the phone even if a factory reset is done

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
KngGezy:

Hopefully Xiaomi offers some kind of remote lockdown for its phones.
Its available. He can get any phone or pc, log into micloud.com and lock the phone, wipe data or make it ring loud. You can even decide to leave a message with your number so that whoever sees it will contact you, not even factory reset will save the thief. In this case, will advise him to be patient and not lock the phone, there's more hope of retrieving it that way. If he locks it it's useless to both thief and owner.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
Gptech:

Its available. He can get any phone or pc, log into micloud.com and lock the phone, wipe data or make it ring loud. You can even decide to leave a message with your number so that whoever sees it will contact you, not even factory reset will save the thief. In this case, will advise him to be patient and not lock the phone, there's more hope of retrieving it that way. If he locks it it's useless to both thief and owner.

@ ray1251
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
KngGezy:

I sympathise with you
I learnt it is expensive, unless you know someone on the inside. If not, you only do so of the phone is really valuable or has vital info. The police hav means of detecting the sims that enters the phone... All they need is the imei
Had an experience in my office. A colleague bought a "UK used" Samsung phone at a ridiculously cheap price. Can't rmbr the price but he got it over 150k. He was bragging about it on the office day one he brought it to work, only to come to office the next day and was taking out of the office in handcuffs by SARS. It was really embarrassing.
Unknowningly to him, the phone was stolen. The owner was somewhat related to a king in Ondo state... Mayb the draught or so. The person travel to UK, and the phone got stole there. It got sent to lagos and my colleague bought it from computer Village.. The police hq in Ikeja helped with the tracking. The saving grace for my colleague was he could take them to the person he bought the phone from.... Cos even the receipt didn't really do much to save his ass. That was how he was out of the mess, but he lost his money, and it and was embarrassed. How many people does he want to be explaining the truth of the matter to
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ray1251(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
genius43:

Was your Mi Account signed In? If yes the phone is useless to that person. You can also sign in to your mi account with any device that have access to internet i.mi.com to wipe the phone.
yes sir it was signed in
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
seedorfy134:
Please i need gcam for note7
Get this it's quite good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5976) (5977) (5978) (5979) (5980) (5981) (5982) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Seyilome(m), Dam5reey(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.