Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,649 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9195239 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6166) (6167) (6168) (6169) (6170) (6171) (6172) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
vanchi:

O7o3z3z84z4

I noticed I can't do it over a wifi network. And I use wifi mostly.
I'll do a night plan and try it again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bolakale30(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
Opistorincos:

boss, u don later back up your files?
It's not even coming on again. The battery has gone to rest.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
bolakale30:

It's not even coming on again. The battery has gone to rest.

how u wan con do the backup now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
isco10:

How many people are you able to chat with using d RCS message app? Adoption rate is...

It's not official yet. But I trust many Android users would adopt it and I also trust Google to put in great features to surpass iMessage.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
adamix:

grin grin grin grin

Abi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
EseAbed:
Those pple wey dey use RN7 32gb rom and still dey get like 10gb free, how una dey do am abeg? Una no get apps?
U're using 32GB fone and u have 17GB worth of Just Apps.. Yet here u are, wondering whatever may be wrong with your phone and still looking for 10GB free space.. What a Wow.. Even we wey get 64GB never use up to that amount on apps upon 3 Heavy games, my brother fear God

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
Gptech:

Check each folder in file manager to be sure there's no junk eating up your space, see mine.
This is terrible advice.. Tomorrow when he ends up deleting his WhatsApp Backups folder (which android sees as Other Files), or deletes the files his 17GB grin worth of Apps use to work, and one of them starts crashing and stops functioning properly, na u go answer the Clarion Call wink

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

If u need link to HD wallpaper that hides notch, kindly DM on whatsapp.

Kindly check samples below (NB - I screenshot many wallpapers together)
ur number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
chidoo4luv:
ur number

Kindly check my signature boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
EseAbed:
Those pple wey dey use RN7 32gb rom and still dey get like 10gb free, how una dey do am abeg? Una no get apps?
Bros, do you use all the apps u install on your phone?
am using 32gb Rom n still have 14gb free...
just install the basics apps that u will be using frequently simple

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
flawless911:
U're using 32GB fone and u have 17GB worth of Just Apps.. Yet here u are, wondering whatever may be wrong with your phone and still looking for 10GB free space.. What a Wow.. Even we wey get 64GB never use up to that amount on apps upon 3 Heavy games, my brother fear God

Lol... You say?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nadison1311(m): 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Miui 11 just landed on my redmi 7

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nadison1311:
Miui 11 just landed on my redmi 7
Finally... We can rest now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
16GB and 32GB storage users should understand that modern day operating systems and apps are very very heavy and demand lots of storage to barely function

If U have an sdcard, move all your media files (photos, videos, p0rn and music files) to your sdcard.. And let your apps work with the available internal storage to preserve optimal app speeds

That section of storage called Other Files, include ordinary non-media files that You have either downloaded or apps use to function in your phone.. Files like Zip and archive files, data cache from your browser which it uses to load up websites faster, etc.. So if u want to go hunting for what to delete, Be Very Careful about it

For Cleanup, I highly recommend SDMaid Pro.. Literally the most efficient cleanup tool.. It recognises every app in your fone and deletes only files that apps won't need or can easily recreate without affecting performance of these apps.. Also it can detect junk files of apps u have uninstalled and help u clean it up

Also, please, some of u have over 100 apps in yr 16GB fone, please go through these apps and delete anything u are not actively using.. The Average Smartphone app is as large as a good PC software from 2005, ranging from something as small as 2MB (Facebook Lite) to 200/300MB (Snapchat), so u must be careful how u pile up apps.. Take note of what and what u need yr fone for and keep One App Each for Every Need.. No need having VLC AND MX Player on one fone cos u want to buffer 240p nonsense from Xvids grin Curate your software and take back your space

Any advice telling people to just go into their file managers and start deleting files all willy-nilly is horrible advice.. If u think about it, na now I know why iPhone no get File Manager

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
But wait o!
Is there witch inside this miui 11 or are they whining me?
Which one is 40h remaining?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nadison1311(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
Drizzle007:

Finally... We can rest now.
Yes oh you can finally rest.... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
flawless911:

Bros Calm down.. Na App data dey consume most of my space and besides many apps wey dey my phone na follow come.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erobes: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
EseAbed:

shocked shocked shocked

How you dey do am? Na only 3 apps you get?

lol
i get pass 3 na. Na just d basic apps wey i need i install oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erobes: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
samyd1:

name of your front

sweetie (aafont)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erobes: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
anna081:

how can i delete mine
cause other files are showing 3gb

Me sef no know.
I have tried checking what the other files are but still can't find it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
flawless911:
This is terrible advice.. Tomorrow when he ends up deleting his WhatsApp Backups folder (which android sees as Other Files), or deletes the files his 17GB grin worth of Apps use to work, and one of them starts crashing and stops functioning properly, na u go answer the Clarion Call wink

Oga, The advice is not terrible, I've been deleting all of those junks since I started using Xiaomi last year and I never complain, My WhatsApp dey always back up to google daily so I no dey bother.. No dey come talk like say na you know pass..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
ubev01:
stop living in the past then. Mediatek of today is not mediatek of then, and the fact that Xiaomi is aggressively pushing the phone worldwide says a lot.
try and comprehend before you respond, did I in anyway say mediated is bad or have you read any statement by me saying it's bad. I was trying to explain to him why some people had grievances with the mediatek chip. And also trying to calm him but I can see that the both of you have failed to comprehend. Let me let you know that if I'm even going to buy any of the 8 series it'll be the pro because I love the green colour and design.
Abeg you guys can argue and suffocate yourself henceforth, everything is an attack in your opinion
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mfunkynation:

Bros, do you use all the apps u install on your phone?
am using 32gb Rom n still have 14gb free...
just install the basics apps that u will be using frequently simple

Wow! Just Wow!

I no go fit just do without some apps for my phone O, I may not use them daily but I need them there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
Drizzle007:

Lol... You say?

grin grin

I don see who pass me.. Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
abdsamad:
But wait o!
Is there witch inside this miui 11 or are they whining me?
Which one is 40h remaining?

Local man is awed grin grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
EseAbed:

Wow! Just Wow!

I no go fit just do without some apps for my phone O, I may not use them daily but I need them there.

That means u need a phone with bigger ROM. Or u use SD card or OTG Drive as backup storage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
erobes:

16gb users kiss
Your Font is nice. Name?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

That means u need a phone with bigger ROM. Or u use SD card or OTG Drive as backup storage
I have an SD Card, that's where I store my media files.

I bn just dey wonder how I coped with my former RN5A prime that time without memory card and this same amount of apps, had over a thousand songs and few videos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
Drizzle007:

It's not official yet. But I trust many Android users would adopt it and I also trust Google to put in great features to surpass iMessage.
Allo /HangOut came and gone without impact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vibesking(m): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
flawless911:
Your GTA...
Is it from Playstore and does it require data for gameplay?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eteebanky: 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
got my redmi 7 today.....thanks to jumia
I want to install gcam......gurus in the house, I need your help

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eteebanky: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
playing GTA San andreas, no lags at all.......Xiaomi is the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (6166) (6167) (6168) (6169) (6170) (6171) (6172) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.