Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9298163 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6169) (6170) (6171) (6172) (6173) (6174) (6175) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zyzman: 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
GrandMufti:

If you like it, buy it

Can I trust the chipset to deliver?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
MIUI 11 on Redmi 7 don't have some vital features. Ambient display nha scam

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zyzman: 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tiger2020:
if you love the phone go for it

Hmm thanks bruv
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
Deeni131:

B4 the coming of phone like huawei and now xiaomi that produce phones with snapdragon, u guys were enjoying phones like techno, infinix with their MTK chip without any complain.

Is this not classic projection?

While you were busy with your tecno n infinix, other people were rocking Sony, HTC and samsung

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zyzman: 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tiger2020:
if you love the phone go for it

What about the overheating issues?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
Zyzman:

Can I trust the chipset to deliver?

You won't hear it from me.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
samyd1:

with time every one will be forced to buy mtk
if their chipset gets better we will use it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by meshachdbuzz(m): 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Gptech:

Check each folder in file manager to be sure there's no junk eating up your space, see mine.

Have even use deep delete searching from folder to folders can fine anything thing still have 1gb as other file
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
GrandMufti:

jump and pass ,they are coming grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
OllyFair:
MIUI 11 on Redmi 7 don't have some vital features. Ambient display nha scam

Hmmm, it's good to read sha.

How did you miss it when it was stated that ambient display is only available for Xiaomi devices with Amoled display? Is the display on Redmi 7 an amoled display?

Devices like MI 9T, K20 PRO, MI 9 and co.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
Inside Life cry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tiger2020:
jump and pass ,they are coming grin

Dem no dey tell person again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mykcool:
try and comprehend before you respond, did I in anyway say mediated is bad or have you read any statement by me saying it's bad. I was trying to explain to him why some people had grievances with the mediatek chip. And also trying to calm him but I can see that the both of you have failed to comprehend. Let me let you know that if I'm even going to buy any of the 8 series it'll be the pro because I love the green colour and design.
Abeg you guys can argue and suffocate yourself henceforth, everything is an attack in your opinion
lol, no vex
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
flawless911:
This is terrible advice.. Tomorrow when he ends up deleting his WhatsApp Backups folder (which android sees as Other Files), or deletes the files his 17GB grin worth of Apps use to work, and one of them starts crashing and stops functioning properly, na u go answer the Clarion Call wink
But each folder dey clearly stated nau. Whatsapp backups are saved as messagestore as shown on his screenshot. So long e nr go delete obb files, files from Android-Data, e nr get problem. I get your point sha, na here somebody go use deep clean delete many of im important files because person tell am to use cleaner to free up phone memory grin.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
flawless911:

That section of storage called Other Files, include ordinary non-media files that You have either downloaded or apps use to function in your phone.. Files like Zip and archive files, data cache from your browser which it uses to load up websites faster, etc.. So if u want to go hunting for what to delete, Be Very Careful about it

For Cleanup, I highly recommend SDMaid Pro.. Literally the most efficient cleanup tool.. It recognises every app in your fone and deletes only files that apps won't need or can easily recreate without affecting performance of these apps.. Also it can detect junk files of apps u have uninstalled and help u clean it up

Also, please, some of u have over 100 apps in yr 16GB fone, please go through these apps and delete anything u are not actively using.. The Average Smartphone app is as large as a good PC software from 2005, ranging from something as small as 2MB (Facebook Lite) to 200/300MB (Snapchat), so u must be careful how u pile up apps.. Take note of what and what u need yr fone for and keep One App Each for Every Need.. No need having VLC AND MX Player on one fone cos u want to buffer 240p nonsense from Xvids grin Curate your software and take back your space

Any advice telling people to just go into their file managers and start deleting files all willy-nilly is horrible advice.. If u think about it, na now I know why iPhone no get File Manager
Your message is understood but some stuff up there are not true, are you saying I have no files in archives or I don't have cached files grin?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
olayinkajnr:

How did you miss it when it was stated that ambient display is only available for Xiaomi devices with Amoled display? Is the display on Redmi 7 an amoled display?

don't mind me, not that familiar with Redmi or Xiaomi stuff again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
GrandMufti:

The larger file is the full ROM

Okay, I will download it tomorrow.

So once I download it, I should just instal it.

Nothing more to be done abi?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BonkoINC: 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
olayinkajnr:

I just weak .

Something that is one of my best feature on the phone.. and the always on feature..

Now that they have retouched everything and added great designs .. I am loving my phone more n more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreydoe:
Hi guys..

Am wondering how do I stream Netflix from my Rn7 device to my TV..

My Tv ain't android Tv but it got HDMI cable tho.

Any help please
Cc genius
Grandmufti
help please anybody?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
EseAbed:

Oga, The advice is not terrible, I've been deleting all of those junks since I started using Xiaomi last year and I never complain, My WhatsApp dey always back up to google daily so I no dey bother.. No dey come talk like say na you know pass..
E never reach fight nau grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tiger2020:
I had this argument about the price of mi 9 ,he said he got it so so and so price on aliexpress and shipped with so amount and paid customs so amount ,i tried telling him that he was on a heavy receiving end,he was bragging of how much he bought it ,i even showed him this and this yet he couldn't believe

Lol, mugu must fall.

Just akin to how some here will go ahead to order from AliExpress models that are already launched and readily available with the false belief that AE imported has better quality.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
Biafrareform:

Okay, I will download it tomorrow.

So once I download it, I should just instal it.

Nothing more to be done abi?

Maybe backup. It's optional.

Check jboixxx compilation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreydoe:
help please anybody?

Have you tried the cast feature?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zyzman: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
GrandMufti:

Clown grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
Gptech:

Your message is understood but some stuff up there are not true, are you saying I have no files in archives or I don't have cached files grin?
What a pontless reply.. I literally said Etc and I never quoted u directly.. U already seem to have a method that works for u.. And that post was for the newbies that might be getting intimidated by the "Other Files" category.. Please rest
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheBoy1740: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreydoe:
help please anybody?

Chromecast, Miracast, mi box, etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ehimzy:

Yes I have... No issues so far

Is the battery life and management still good as before?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
abdsamad:

Is this not classic projection?

While you were busy with your tecno n infinix, other people were rocking Sony, HTC and samsung

Add LG too.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
bazkid24:
MIUI 11 on Mi 9t �

I got the update too but haven't updated yet....
How's the battery management like?
How's the total performance bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
GrandMufti:

Have you tried the cast feature?
how?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Aventis(m): 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
2kurupt:

Lol, mugu must fall.

Just akin to how some here will go ahead to order from AliExpress models that are already launched and readily available with the false belief that AE imported has better quality.
I get money to buy Mi9 Lite but me dey fear custom fee. Wish Xiaomi will launch it here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mekanus(m): 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Those that have bought the rn8 should please confirm to us if the charger is 18w. I saw a review on YouTube that said it's 10w angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6169) (6170) (6171) (6172) (6173) (6174) (6175) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.