Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200816 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6294) (6295) (6296) (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tiger2020:
It seems no app can download YouTube videos

TubeMate does but it's not on play store, download it from Google

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tiger2020:
a20 cant have at the back because its polycarbonate
Whatever that means... Abeg, no use oyinbo scatter our head... Its the same material redmi 7's back is made up of, right?
Samsung A20 is actually a good spur mate for Xiaomi redmi note 7. I spent days and even weeks comparing the two side by side, as they beat each other in certain aspects. They both have type C port and support OTG, and even A20's display (super amoled) is quite superior to that of RN7 (RN7 would have costed more if it were to run on same technology). In terms of power consumption, the Super amoled wil consume less than IPS RN7 is using, but as always a damaged Samsung screen will definitely cost more to maintain.
A20 is cheaper to buy than RN7 (when my bro came home with his brand new A20 and said he bought it 55k, I laughed real hard that computer village guys have scammed him, that it was definitely fake... I never believed a new Sammy can be that cheap. When I confirmed it was real and original, I again concluded that it was stolen until cos of its price until I went to Samsung's thread).
I was skewing towards the direction of Samsung as I even ordered for an armoured pouch already (more like buying a spare side mirror for a car you are yet to buy grin) but I felt there was something extra I needed in a phone that Sammy doesn't have (I couldn't figure it out myself)... Until I came across my sweet precious RN7... I no regret my choice even though I still love A20 (which would have been my alternative).
On Samsung thread, you have nice people there too always willing to help out, just like we have here. Its good to be good
Cheers
Cc: Jboixxx, KngGezy

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mekanus:
What's the best platform to download pubg, that can offer pause and resume feature in case I exhaust my data and need to swap data sim?

Andro palace

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Quite right.... She didn't fail to disappoint with the constant banging of the phone on the floor, for no apparent reason. Went for my Xiaomi cos it has double gorilla glass 5 ( front and back) unlike A20 tht has only in front. Did u tell you she eventually dropped her dad's phone from a storey building? Funny enough, not a single scratch on the phone (the phone had a flip pouch... Fanciful one not the armoured type) but the tempered glass was shattered (the real definition of the word "shattered" ). Now imagine the wonders of RN7 using an armoured pouch. It was one of the factors I considered though, apart from the terrific IR blaster. Give it a shot bro, you will never regret it. By the way, I am flattered

Surely I will by Gods grace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

Lol. I don't know about your experience with MI9T but when I first installed GCAM on my RN8, I was taking better pictures with my stock cam. I had to watch YouTube videos on mobile photography and started applying some of the tricks and tips and truthfully, I've become better with both stock cam and Gcam giving me better pictures now. GCAM still delivering better shots though. I'm not a camera person too but ever since I got RN8, I've become a camera person (...taking shots of objects and people though!)

I'll advice you try to tweak your photography skills. I've seen Bazkid24 shots on MI9T and I'm impressed. Xiaomi camera doesn't give shots like that of iPhone or high end Sammy though but it's pretty decent when you're skillful enough.
Bro lemme have ur whatsapp digits or u can kindly msg.
I'm also an RN8 user, wud love to improve my photography skills as well
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Whatever that means... Abeg, no use oyinbi scatter our head... Its the same material redmi 7's back is made up of, right?
Samsung A20 is actually a good spur mate for Xiaomi redmi note 7. I spent days and even weeks comparing the two side by side, as they beat each other in certain aspects. They both have type C port and support OTG, and even A20's display (super amoled) is quite superior to that of RN7 (RN7 would have costed more if it were to run on same technology). In terms of power consumption, the Super amoled wil consume less than IPS RN7 is using, but as always a damaged Samsung screen will definitely cost more to maintain.
A20 is cheaper to buy than RN7 (when my bro came home with his brand new A20 and said he bought it 55k, I laughed real hard that computer village guys have scammed him, that it was definitely fake... I never believed a new Sammy can be that cheap. When I confirmed it was real and original, I again concluded that it was stolen until cos of its price until I went to Samsung's thread).
I was skewing towards the direction of Samsung as I even ordered for an armoured pouch already (more like buying a spare side mirror for a car you are yet to buy grin) but I felt there was something extra I needed in a phone that Sammy doesn't have (I couldn't figure it out myself)... Until I came across my sweet precious RN7... I no regret my choice even though I still love A20 (which would have been my alternative).
On Samsung thread, you have nice people there too always willing to help out, just like we have here. Its good to be good
Cheers

Hmm maybe hes talking about the scratch prone shiny plastic like material that Samsung used for the back of the Aseries. One of the major turnoffs, although a fine silicone casing will bring out the beauty.
grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
maclawrence02:

I dey this side dey trowey salute to you too.
Do a little research on the issue you are facing, I sure say you go find solutions and your camera quality go improve.
I just hope yours isn't a defective unit and maybe, just maybe the next update will rectify the issue you are facing.
When I was on beta xiaomi.eu rn7 my stock back camera shots was not impressive that was why I went very deep into research on gcam. I downloaded, installed and tested upto if not more than 20 different gcam mods for my phone. I joined more than 7 telegram channel dedicated to rn7 photography and gcam, I will say that it has been a fun-filled adventure. today whenever I take shots with my phone I dey wow people. Also take note of camera angle when taking pix, it's a general knowledge that its best you take shots with the light source coming from behind you not against you. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Wud u like to teach me all of the skills that uve learnt so dat I wouldn't need to travel far?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by meshachdbuzz(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ooh thank God I don finally reach the last page...
Reading since last Monday till now

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
gidieberry:
use Friendly for Twitter
u mean friendly for twitter.apk?
I will try it once my phone arrives on Tuesday
Thanks tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
EseAbed:

Amen! They promised they were going to communicate with today, but we haven't heard from them till now..

I'm just trying to distract myself here

Courage my dear.
Also pray more.
You will pull through.
Courage.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This is limited to this thread, hence y I said he should ask for vouches. AFAIK nobody has been scammed on this thread, what's your point?
I dnt knw wat u meant by AFAIK tho
But as much as i knw, the Mi touts here are honest, God fearing & reliable, reasons I neva get worried dealing wit Getbizy, even wen I can't see any1 vouching for her... More so, I haven't read any case regarding such issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by undertaker007(m): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tiger2020:
It seems no app can download YouTube videos
download using any browser
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

I dnt knw wat u meant by AFAIK tho
But as much as i knw, the Mi touts here are honest, God fearing & reliable, reasons I neva get worried dealing wit Getbizy, even wen I can't see any1 vouching for her... More so, I haven't read any case regarding such issue

Then you are literally buttressing my point in the first place. AFAIK means As far as I know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tiger2020:
hope these stories are for fancy
Is dis ur first time of downloading apk from d web?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mekanus:
Thanks bro. UC mini should handle that download pretty well. But I hope the game doesn't need any other files, I hope it's just downloading the apk and installing just like other regular apps.
I doubt if such game wont have obb files
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crixxx: 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Whatever that means... Abeg, no use oyinbi scatter our head... Its the same material redmi 7's back is made up of, right?
Cheers
. Have searched and searched but never found a vibing sammy thread. Can you share a link to an active 1 seems the Samsung a series thread is dead the sweetness of the a series have made everyone forget the thread..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
nani667:

Was pressing phone while it was charging, as I wanted to raise it the wire reached maximum length and na so the phone fly Commot my hand, landed face down on the floor... Didn't crack, screen still fresh..,so it is probably not a gimmick... I respect the Gorilla Glass 5 that day... Beht that one no stop me from placing order for Tempered Glass on Jumia sharply, man's may not be so lucky next time undecided
even my note 5 with whatever protection that i don't know(am sure its no gorilla 4 or 5) has survived such fall with face down on a tiles surface
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
kallmemrB:
it's not on playstore.. Search google
thanks all,have done that and its working well even videoder which can download both YouTube,Facebook,twitter,instagram as well.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by braimeddy: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please who can recommend a good remote control for my RN8? This follow come remote control is not working perfectly well for my appliances especially my home theater . Unlike the gionee A1 I was using before.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Cheers
sometimes you guys like bringing in unnecessarily argument,you made a comment about how a20 is gorilla glass only on the front whereas note 7 has both back and front,then i replied you with sentence that a20 has plastic back that's why it doesn't have gorilla protection at the back,and you are here writing epistle

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
EseAbed:

Amen! They promised they were going to communicate with today, but we haven't heard from them till now..

I'm just trying to distract myself here

It is well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tiger2020:
is that the one
Bros na wa for you o.
I say search Google not Google play store, I posted a screenshot, I even told you earlier that its not on play store. I have a slight feeling that you are just trying to catch fun with this issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
meshachdbuzz:
Ooh thank God I don finally reach the last page...
Reading since last Monday till now
congratulations you don try ,so what did you learn undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tiger2020:
congratulations you don try ,so what did you learn undecided undecided
sir u are wicked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mekanus:
What's the best platform to download pubg, that can offer pause and resume feature in case I exhaust my data and need to swap data sim?

Adm pro

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
braimeddy:
Please who can recommend a good remote control for my RN8? This follow come remote control is not working perfectly well for my appliances especially my home theater . Unlike the gionee A1 I was using before.

Grant the app all necessary permissions.

Try anymote

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mekanus:
Thanks bro. UC mini should handle that download pretty well. But I hope the game doesn't need any other files, I hope it's just downloading the apk and installing just like other regular apps.

Not just apk, you'll OBB file
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tiger2020:
sometimes you guys like bringing in unnecessarily argument,you made a comment about how a20 is gorilla glass only on the front whereas note 7 has both back and front,then i replied you with sentence that a20 has plastic back that's why it doesn't have gorilla protection at the back,and you are here writing epistle
I didn't argue with you ke. Just trying to say that "polycarbonate" was quite techy. "Plastic body" is quite easier to comprehend. Then I highlighted some features in the device for anyone interested in it, so it doesn't appear I am down talking the device.
Apologies is you felt attacked.
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
maclawrence02:

Bros na wa for you o.
I say search Google not Google play store, I posted a screenshot, I even told you earlier that its not on play store. I have a slight feeling that you are just trying to catch fun with this issue.
relax ,was Rome built in one day?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I didn't argue with you ke. Just trying to say tht "polycarbonate" was quite techy. "Plastic body" is quite easier to comprehend. Then I highlighted some features in the device for anyone interested in it, nsi it doesn't appear I am down talking the device.
Apologies is you felt attacked.
Cheers
nothing do you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6294) (6295) (6296) (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Willjoy, shedy03(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.