Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9172501 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6461) (6462) (6463) (6464) (6465) (6466) (6467) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
[b][/b]
EseAbed:

Boss All is well now..

Na just money dem been need.

Thanks for your concern

Good to know. The most important thing is Life.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
EseAbed:

Just Saw all of your messages.
Everything is fine now. She has since been released. About two weeks ago.

Thanks for your concern

Great news!!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Almaiga: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
repairpalng:

I live in Benin, how much will it cost to waybill?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Anyways, I’m thinking of getting a new phone.

But again, I’m somewhat confused as to which to buy now, between my former RN7 or RN8.

I was at PH Mall today and I must confess, the RN8 is a beauty, but I want a phone with a great overall performance!

Biko Fam, give me suggestions!

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dahgifted(m): 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
Good day all,

Please is there anyone here who has used iphone and now using Android? Am stuck on which to get, though have been an android user all through and am thinking of trying ios. But what significant advantage does iphone has over android and vice versa.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
EseAbed:
Anyways, I’m thinking of getting a new phone since our phones were not returned.

But again, I’m somewhat confused as to which to buy now, between my former RN7 or RN8.

I was at PH Mall today and I must confess, the RN8 is a beauty, but I want a phone with a great overall performance!

Biko Fam, give me suggestions!

Thanks

RN8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DaRkSkOpE: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
dahgifted:
Good day all,

Please is there anyone here who has used iphone and now using Android? Am stuck on which to get, though have been an android user all through and am thinking of trying ios. But what significant advantage does iphone has over android and vice versa.

There is no significant advantage of IOS over android per-say. Apple is famous for being able to squeeze out every last drop of performance from it's hardware while Android devices compensate for the generic OS by using beefier hardware, Generally the android OS is preferable if you're not planning to go full on into the apple(iPhone/mac) ecosystem

Bottom line, it's a mater of preference these days, and your pocket.

Personally, for most users, I say that money you want to use to get the iPhone, get the best android device you can for that price except you really wanna use the iPhone.

I own devices running both operating systems (I'm a software engineer and sometimes whip up mobile apps).

Also, generally the android ecosystem is more open to customization n tweaking: rooting android phones is generally more straight forward than jailbreaking iPhone and there's tonnes more you can tweak on your Android device

From a technical point of view tho...... IOS was well thought of right from the beginning and has more robust underlying implementations, while android was a mess till marshmallow when things started cleaning up nicely, devs are happier on both platforms these days tho. smiley

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
lukfame:
Good evening guys.. Want to ask for you guys opinion on these two phones. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Lenovo Z6 lite. Which should I go for?
Thanks as you respond..

The Lenovo is the better option between both no cap except for the ZUI..many don't like it. .both in terms of value for money,,i think the Lenovo is a better deal
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
Finally.
Miui 11 ota update now available on redmi 5 plus global version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OCTAVO: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
OCTAVO:
Frankly I'm thinking of moving from Xiaomi to Realme because they've got some amazing phones at very reasonable prices, even way cheaper than Xiaomi phones.
I came across Realme 5 Pro Global version, 8gb/128gb with dedicated SD card storage (256gb), Snapdragon 712, @about 78k on AliExpress. YouTube reviews are excellent, but I want more opinions on this brand and their products.
https://www.nairaland.com/5573333/realme-phones-lets-discuss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
dahgifted:
Good day all,

Honestly IPhone is majorly Good for Videos and pictures... The remaining Na gbese things... U buy buy buy... Yes Safari is fast and the iPhone keyboard is sleek but it sucks data like hell.... If you have enough cash to burn on stupid things go for IPhone.... But one good thing about the phone is wow.. Its really smooth and fast

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Marlodah(m): 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
See ehn nothing is better than xiaomi,oppo,vivo,lenovo, one plus phones,,,,,argh may God save us in this country ooooo. Can never use infinix or techno again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
Marlodah:
See ehn nothing is better than xiaomi,oppo,vivo,lenovo, one plus phones,,,,,argh may God save us in this country ooooo. Can never use infinix or techno again
cc kngGezy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
lukfame:
Good evening guys.. Want to ask for you guys opinion on these two phones. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Lenovo Z6 lite. Which should I go for?
Thanks as you respond..
they are basically the same.... Lenovo has better processor but redmi note 8 has better camera
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
KngGezy:

Ask Drjprince ooo

I cant get my eyes off the new infinix S5
If I knew nothing about processors theres not anyone could have said to change my mind
But even with my knowledge the processor is still not an issue as far as you are not rooting or overloading it with games
oga what have done to you, is it a crime to spread the gospel about Xiaomi device, Infinix,tecno and most Samsung A series are just trash and you know that

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
lukfame:
Thanks as you respond..
Lenovo z6 lite better hardware and specifications, Redmi note 8 better camera and software, the processor still good enough

Overall it depends on what you need on a phone
They are both good
But personally I will pick Redmi note 8 for future proofing

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
fibonacci2526:

It will be rerouted.

It's been there since 29th, that's why I want to reach out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Almaiga:

I live in Benin, how much will it cost to waybill?

1.2K. 08137013426
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Marlodah(m): 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Abeg we ha e freedom for this country now, today I now get to understand a lot of things, only someone who is a tech person, I mean someone who is really into heavy usage of all the functions of a phone, not someone who actually wants to feel am among the people that use a particular product, so its actually different if you really know much about phones, bring your infinix and we bring xiaomi, or oppo or vivo or lenovo and we do hands on test and we will bet 500k and see who wins am waiting for any tecno or infinix user on this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
Whatever you do, don't download this game. It sucks data like mad!!! Just 5 minutes of playing it, 700+ mb gone. Is not like the graphics make sense. Even coverfire I played same period didn't gulf up data like that.

E just Raid my data

FYI...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lukfame(m): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
drjprince:
Lenovo z6 lite better hardware and specifications, Redmi note 8 better camera and software, the processor still good enough

Overall it depends on what you need on a phone
They are both good
But personally I will pick Redmi note 8 for future proofing
thanks alot

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lukfame(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
Keiyadosh:

The Lenovo is the better option between both no cap except for the ZUI..many don't like it. .both in terms of value for money,,i think the Lenovo is a better deal
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seegunx: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
lukfame:
Thanks as you respond..

I don't know about the Lenovo but i use xrmn8 pro... And it is best for me so far... I'm a gamer (pubg) and works well for me. Front camera is messed up, tho I'm not a camera freak
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seegunx: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
Marlodah:
Abeg we ha e freedom for this country now, today I now get to understand a lot of things, only someone who is a tech person, I mean someone who is really into heavy usage of all the functions of a phone, not someone who actually wants to feel am among the people that use a particular product, so its actually different if you really know much about phones, bring your infinix and we bring xiaomi, or oppo or vivo or lenovo and we do hands on test and we will bet 500k and see who wins am waiting for any tecno or infinix user on this

I used other phones except Lenovo... And currently on redmi n8 pro... And I'm really impressed with the performance....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
EseAbed:

Thanks for your concern

Good news. Thank God
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Marlodah(m): 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
seegunx:

I used other phones except Lenovo... And currently on redmi n8 pro... And I'm really impressed with the performance....
Yaaayi bro all this international phone dey give me joy,,,, and I just wish money dey today I swear mi 9t for just follow me go home, but mehn after xiaomi note 8 na oppo be the next phone,,,, does phones too much

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 10, 2019
Newbie5050:

Between Samsung midrange and xiaomi phones Which brand has too much issues, from wifi disconnection, overheating, battery draining [even in an idle stage], instability in updates etc

You already know my answer but in order to avoid.....

I reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 10, 2019
Marlodah:

Hmmm happy transsion escape day

They are trying but of course Xiaomi makes relatively better devices. Then when you move up again to something like One UI. There and then you will find a permanent satisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:20am On Dec 10, 2019
EseAbed:

Boss All is well now..

Na just money dem been need.

Thanks for your concern
Alhamdulillah, It's all been sorted. May God never test us with predicament that'll overshadow our trust in Him. Welcome back, boss.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:21am On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

Hmmm happy transsion escape day

Their trying but of course Xiaomi makes relatively better devices. Then when you move up again to something like One UI. There and then you will find a permanent satisfaction.
My Oga ati the top! grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 10, 2019
dahgifted:
Good day all,

I haven't owned an iPhone and until I can afford both their apple watch, airpods, macbook, apple tv and even the iPad. I dont plan to get one . Although I have had interaction with the iPhone 11 and other apple devices.Because I cant imagine doing without my smart view. Or not being able to quickly transfer files from my phone to other devices .

But If you can survive the isolation. Apple is the best of the best. And the prestige it gives is more than enough compensation for the exorbitant price tag.

If you want to make it your second device too its allowed. Or get a good MI9T or A70. Or if you have the money S10+ or Note10+.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:00am On Dec 10, 2019
EseAbed:

Thanks for your concern

All least person go sleep with good news, best news for today, thank God for everything grin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6461) (6462) (6463) (6464) (6465) (6466) (6467) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chadbasin and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.