Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9285502 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6464) (6465) (6466) (6467) (6468) (6469) (6470) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

Let us not digress.
The issue at hand now is K30
Only the display ruined the entire phone
LOL.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CharlesJok3r: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2019
saint2ace:
This thread never seizes to amaze me. So now the bone of contention is about amoled and LCD on devices and the issue of to be or not to be?

Chai God save ur children, one quick question to all ur arguments, does any of u work in R & D of any tech company, have u had experience in running market surveys and people's preference partaining to a particular OEM? Or we just speak based on ideologies we have no comprehension about.

Do we think this guys just sit on their arses and churn out devices without thinking or we know better than them?

Abeg let's stop all this back and forth English with this sense of entitlement as if we're all knowing.

My 2 cents.... Buy the devices that best suits ur needs and ur pocket, nobody here fit produce processor talk less of phone. Amoled ko amarula ni.. grin angry angry
You get sense!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 11:04am On Dec 10, 2019
saint2ace:
This thread never seizes to amaze me. So now the bone of contention is about amoled and LCD on devices and the issue of to be or not to be?

Chai God save ur children, one quick question to all ur arguments, does any of u work in R & D of any tech company, have u had experience in running market surveys and people's preference partaining to a particular OEM? Or we just speak based on ideologies we have no comprehension about.

Do we think this guys just sit on their arses and churn out devices without thinking or we know better than them?

Abeg let's stop all this back and forth English with this sense of entitlement as if we're all knowing.

My 2 cents.... Buy the devices that best suits ur needs and ur pocket, nobody here fit produce processor talk less of phone. Amoled ko amarula ni.. grin angry angry

RT.

Colours especially black is better on AMOLED though but resolution matters too. 720p on AMOLED is a No-No for me especially on 6.2+" phone while I'm cool with 1080p on IPS LCD. Someone said "only the display ruined the entire phone." LOL. and Samsung A20s is not entirely ruined?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

No no no

That K30 should have come with Amoled

And that's the one I'm concerned about

KngGezy:

Let us not digress.

The issue at hand now is K30

Only the display ruined the entire phone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:11am On Dec 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
don't mind that guy.. The guy doesn't knoww shiitt..the annoying part is he uses Samsung A10.."a bad low budget entry of Samsung...

I wonder why IPhone users are not complaining for Amoled screen... Lots of people on this thread have changed that screen before.. Imagine if it was Amoled...

The day he upgrades to the flagship S series or the note series, we no go hear word again. Na mod go close this thread sef. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2019
I heard the base 4g variant of the phone is priced at 16,000 rupees that's 81k in Naira shocked

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 11:31am On Dec 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Nah this is false, do you expect badass specs for peanuts? undecided
Was that not how oneplus started?
Offering mouth watering specs for cheaper cost?
Yesterday, someone pointed out a realme phone with very good specs that's on par with a xiaomi phone... Yet cheaper.
In this 2019... Xiaomi take style add money small to their phones joor. Lol
I know that they're doing a great job ooo but they're shifting ground small small

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2019
fantilopezzy:
are you saying the lcd display on k30 matches the quality of amoled screens?
no am just saying LCD ain't a bad thing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2019
Also MI Max 3 set to receive Android 10 too

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2019
xoftxoul:

Was that not how oneplus started?
Offering mouth watering specs for cheaper cost?
Yesterday, someone pointed out a realme phone with very good specs that's on par with a xiaomi phone... Yet cheaper.
In this 2019... Xiaomi take style add money small to their phones joor. Lol
I know that they're doing a great job ooo but they're shifting ground small small

What you fail to acknowledge is that oneplus don't use midrange SOCs on their devices. This is a mid-ranger, if u want great specs at a very good price, you will definitely find one in the mi flagship series. The fault lies with users who set themselves up for disappointment by thinking an OEM should price products based on their budget. grin

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiniel: 11:44am On Dec 10, 2019
Please, Some of the photos I took on gcam has been deleted on my Redmi Note 8. I didn't delete it, I just couldn't find it when i was taking pictures with it. It even deleted some i took some days back. I would appreciate any solution to get them or just prevent it from happening again.
Note: It didn't delete all, I can still see some i took earlier this morning.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
don't mind that guy.. The guy doesn't knoww shiitt..the annoying part is he uses Samsung A10.."a bad low budget entry of Samsung...

I wonder why IPhone users are not complaining for Amoled screen... Lots of people on this thread have changed that screen before.. Imagine if it was Amoled...

If you will add my Nokia 3.2 and the fact that this is my second A10 grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2019
Elslim:

Pls go back to Samsung thread.... We like our xiaomi like that.

Did I do something bad

Other Xiaomites were also complaining about the device so why attack me now. I haven't offended anyone, have I?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tranxo(m): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2019
darmostic:
Please how true is this price on Jumia? Is this one Global or ROM?
It's the 3GB/32GB variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 10, 2019
saint2ace:

Hmm no but that K30 tho

I expected more but anyway it's all good
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DaRkSkOpE: 11:52am On Dec 10, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

RT.

Colours especially black is better on AMOLED though but resolution matters too. 720p on AMOLED is a No-No for me especially on 6.2+" phone while I'm cool with 1080p on IPS LCD. Someone said "only the display ruined the entire phone." LOL. and Samsung A20s is not entirely ruined?

Blacks are blacker on Amoled, whites are whiter on LCDs
Amoled produces often oversaturated colors, LCDs reproduce colors more naturally,
There are many variations of amoled(amo, super, dynamic....) and LCD(TFT, IPS, TN, VA, SegCode).

Amoled panels are usually thinner than LCD panels (no need for extra backlighting layer)

In the end it's all subjective..............

For example, competitive gamers favour LCD panels (TN) because they offer the best response times

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

The day he upgrades to the flagship S series or the note series, we no go hear word again. Na mod go close this thread sef. cheesy cheesy

grin

Ma'am you are stylishly attacking me oo grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

RT.

I really dislike the A20s

A friend owns one, apart from the screen size. I wont recommend it or any S version of the Aseries to anyone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Heavens go open oooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
DaRkSkOpE:

Amoled produces often oversaturated colors, LCDs reproduce colors more naturally,
There are many variations of amoled(amo, super, dynamic....) and LCD(TFT, IPS, TN, VA, SegCode).

Amoled panels are usually thinner than LCD panels (no need for extra backlighting layer)

For example, competitive gamers favour LCD panels (TN) because they offer the best response times

So you will choose a LCD phone over an Amoled display phone in the same price range with the same hardware
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chriswazo(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

So you will choose a LCD phone over an Amoled display phone in the same price range with the same hardware
Who does that? Not possible na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

I will pick the k30 over the k20

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
Heavens go open oooo

Get your umbrellas ready now then smiley

And if I decide to buy the MI9T and it's not what I anticipated

Then the mods will probably close the thread wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chriswazo(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
When will Note 8 Pro get Android 10? I need it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
drjprince:
I will pick the k30 over the k20

Obviously I haven't read the specs of the K20.

But apart from having the Amoled screen the processor of the K30 will be higher than that of the K20.

"I said that having the same hardware"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2019
DaRkSkOpE:

Amoled produces often oversaturated colors(yellow tint), LCDs reproduce colors more naturally,

also
LCD are cheaper than amoled
LCD are often brighter than amoled
LCD drains less power when displaying whites than amoled
Amoled drains less power when displaying blacks than LCD (that's part of the reasons darkmode was released)
LCD don't really suffer screen-burnin and retention even when at peak brightness
all LCD are not equal
neither are amoleds

some LCD can look better than some amoled too

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

Get your umbrellas ready now then smiley

And if I decide to buy the MI9T and it's not what I anticipated

Then the mods will probably close the thread wink

We no want.... Go and buy samsung.

Use d money for tithes if you don't want the Samsung too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

it depends on the type of amoled being used, and the price defference
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
KngGezy:

Obviously I haven't read the specs of the K20.

But apart from having the Amoled screen the processor of the K30 will be higher than that of the K20.

"I said that having the same hardware"
these two phones you haven't seen or used, your opinion is not important

Kindly enjoy you Samsung A10 with custom Samsung Exynos processor and get a xiaomi device when you want to purchase another device to save your self all these hassle
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
Elslim:

We no want.... Go and buy samsung.

Use d money for tithes if you don't want the Samsung too

smiley

Are you scared that I wont be impressed?

Or have i offended you grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

What you fail to acknowledge is that oneplus don't use midrange SOCs on their devices. This is a mid-ranger, if u want great specs at a very good price, you will definitely find one in the mi flagship series. The fault lies with users who set themselves up for disappointment by thinking an OEM should price products based on their budget. grin

You nailed it. They want 108Mp cam, telephoto sensor, Ultrawide sensor, TOF sensor, QHD+ Amoled display with 120Hz refresh rate, SD 855+, 40W charging, reversible wireless charging all in one phone at the price of 80k.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
Meanwhile d redmi k30 should be around 85k (non 5g) in 9ja.... Maaaad oh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6464) (6465) (6466) (6467) (6468) (6469) (6470) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.