Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9228662 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6477) (6478) (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) (6483) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
okikiosibodu:
Hello Xiaomites
Pls who can help me with yowhatsapp? The versions I am seeing online, are not installing. Keeps saying not installed.. Using Xiaomi RN7 on miui 11. Biko
Download it from Malavida. Just type Yowhatsapp Malavida and download it from there, that's what I do

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
Mfunkynation:

download latest is 8.12( the one that install like the original WhatsApp).
the issue is that the original modder of yowa has stop modding. someone has taken over.
just uninstall ur previous one,. then install the lastest n it will install. that how I install mine.
callydon:

When you're on their site, you'll see some version they say that DOESN'T WORK ON SAMSUNG PHONES, don't download that version. Download d other versions, they ones they indicate it's for 'second number' OR 'third number'.
kallmemrB:
u need to uninstall ur old ones before u install new ones
dermmy:

Make sure you uninstall the former version before re-intsalling in order to avoid signature conflict.
Oouch. Will try it out, and update you
The versions I attempted to install (only this one though and it installed one time, after I u installed the old app), is the one below
saeedashifahmed:
I am enjoying YoWhatsApp on my Redmi Note 7 Pro: https://droidfeats.com/download-yowhatsapp-apk/

It's fun.
Great to be back on Yo grin. I was able to backup the app and restoring it was not stressful at all (about 1. 6gb), and I backed up my settings too. Thank you all. I love you all #NoHomo
Cc: Oyeleye101

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
awoo47:
hope the mi9 lite works in Nigeria
i asked someone selling Redmini for mi 9 lite and he said ut doesn't work in Nigeria
Nd i have already ordered for it on aliexpress

You mean the same Mi9 Lite some people are already flexing on this thread? undecided

If not for one thing ehen I would have asked your age (na play I dey o)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
Bahddo:
The price difference between the 5G and 4G variants of the k30 no be here o. The money that can get you the 8gb 256gb 4G variant cannot buy the 6gb 128gb 5G variant.

Thankfully, the state of internet connectivity in Naija has made it an easy choice.

Only dilemma is deciding whether to wait for it (4G variants) to be available here or get the Redmi Note 8 pro right away. The Helio G90T (RN8 pro) seems more powerful (maybe slightly, on the whole) than the SD 730G (k30), but no 8gb 256gb RN8 pro version available for Nigeria, and it's still Android 9 (and wouldn't get past Android 10). lipsrsealed

I would say wait for the Pro version wink

There is definitely a Pro version lurking somewhere which will be used to appease those whining about any shortcomings of the vanilla version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
2kurupt:

There is definitely a Pro version lurking somewhere which will be used to appease those whining about any shortcomings of the vanilla version.

It is coming in March after the Mi 10. Xiaomi can't allow another phone use SD 865 before Mi 10

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CallMeDrino: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2019
Horiolah:

Name of theme bro?

Switch your region to India so that you will be able to find it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joshjc(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
I'm ditching Infinix for xiaomi,what's the difference between Redmi note 8 and Redmi 8a, my budget is 60k which is better among the two phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
flawless911:
Chill bro.. MiUi gat u wink
It's safe to update to MIUI 11 now. Thanks grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
genius43:

It is coming in March after the Mi 10. Xiaomi can't allow another phone use SD 865 before Mi 10

Oh, interesting! The K30 still dope sha. The screen size, refresh rate, chipset, side mounted FPS and price has set it up to be another hit.

I see the K30 as a worthy successor to the Poco phone and won't be surprised if it gets rebranded as Poco F2 in some regions.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
Diegobonito:
Download it from Malavida. Just type Yowhatsapp Malavida and download it from there, that's what I do
let me go and do mine grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
Bahddo:
well that's one of the perks of being a top manufacturer, you can overprice your stuff and people would still rush it because of your brand.

About a decade ago, it was Blackberry, then iPhone took over. In the Android kingdom, Samsung holds the crown for brand marketing. If you aren't buying their flagship (high end) phones, there's a huge chance you are paying way more money for way less quality.
I can't agree more
100% true

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
joshjc:
I'm ditching Infinix for xiaomi,what's the difference between Redmi note 8 and Redmi 8a, my budget is 60k which is better among the two phones

The Redmi Note 8 is the senior bros to the Redmi 8a cheesy and thankfully it's within your budget.

For complete differences and comparisons between them use gsmarena.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
fibonacci2526:

3-20 working days.
Chai I didn't plan for this delays ooo
Thanks for your response
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
2kurupt:

I think that might be the 5G version. Different SoC.

I don't have an ish with the k30 specs sha, plus March is far.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CallMeDrino: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
joshjc:

Add 3k and buy RN8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joshjc(m): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
2kurupt:

The Redmi Note 8 is the senior bros to the Redmi 8a cheesy and thankfully it's within your budget.

For complete differences and comparisons between them use gsmarena.
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
Biafrareform:

How them dey do that one
Settings > home screen > blur app preview

Sorry it's coming late... My oga (Jboixxx) taught me

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shidof(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
I don't know what used to happen but my application used to close whenever I minimize them especially my browsers. please, what can I do to rectify it. I'm using Redmi 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
2kurupt:

You mean the same Mi9 Lite some people are already flexing on this thread? undecided

If not for one thing ehen I would have asked your age (na play I dey o)
undecided just to be sure. but i already ordered it before that guy told me. just wanted to confirm the price in Nigeria when he said it doesnt work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
Aventis:

I'm using mi9 lite
did you order on ali? or bought in retail store? i wanna know the retail store price in nigeria,pls.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
Please guys who knows a person I can get good laptop deals from at great prices. Please quote me with a number. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Grandmufti ft genius43 grin
Btw is it advisable to buy redmi 5a over redmi go for 22k? PS: redmi 5a has miui 11(lot of features over android go), 2gb ram, infrared. What other phone can u recommend, Budget capped at 25k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
Shegun010:
Please guys who knows a person I can get good laptop deals from at great prices. Please quote me with a number. Thanks
+234 808 420 2609
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madeinnigeria: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
Anker bluetooth speaker
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Aventis(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
awoo47:
did you order on ali? or bought in retail store? i wanna know the retail store price in nigeria,pls.
Think you can't find it in any retail store cos it hasn't been launched here. Ordered from jumia though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
Please does MI 9T support wireless charging ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by talut(m): 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

RT.

Colours especially black is better on AMOLED though but resolution matters too. 720p on AMOLED is a No-No for me especially on 6.2+" phone while I'm cool with 1080p on IPS LCD. Someone said "only the display ruined the entire phone." LOL. and Samsung A20s is not entirely ruined?
The LCD panel on redmi note 8 pro is visibly better than Samsung a20amoled panel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by talut(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
Elslim:
Meanwhile d redmi k30 should be around 85k (non 5g) in 9ja.... Maaaad oh!
Global launch is usually more expensive.. it will almost enter 100
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
Deeni131:
l
Funny U, but techno phones don't get hot in sleeping mode.
you Don vex? No vex abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
2kurupt:

Oh, interesting! The K30 still dope sha. The screen size, refresh rate, chipset, side mounted FPS and price has set it up to be another hit.

I see the K30 as a worthy successor to the Poco phone and won't be surprised if it gets rebranded as Poco F2 in some regions.

Eggzactly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
talut:

Global launch is usually more expensive.. it will almost enter 100

If it is coming to Nigeria it won't be that much expensive

(1) (2) (3) ... (6477) (6478) (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) (6483) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.