Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9180651 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6547) (6548) (6549) (6550) (6551) (6552) (6553) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 11:01am On Dec 21, 2019
driand:
bro I do need it for quite a lot... Android is far beyond a fine phone great apps and customization...
Once you know your way around miui and Xiaomi phones, you'll realise that you hardly need exposed framework. Trust me, most(if not all) of what you want to do with the framework can be achieved with magisk or are already even present on miui that you don't know of.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samsimple(m): 11:01am On Dec 21, 2019
genius43:

Stop asking questions and leave with your fears, I have been updating my phone from MIUI 9.
person wey dy ask question no dey miss road.. I will take the bold step today, but i still have more weird questions.. Like i stated earlier i havent done any phone update before so pardon me...

1. Will updating the phone wipe phone memory
2. Once i download should i just reboot or is there any thing to note first...

Bear with me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SwagPower: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2019
GrandMufti:

Reflash the rom or factory reset
Boss..When I dey installing some apps on my phone it says" due to system policy, this app cannot be installed "...
How do i fix this please?..

Very important and urgent..
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2019
Samsimple:
person wey dy ask question no dey miss road.. I will take the bold step today, but i still have more weird questions.. Like i stated earlier i havent done any phone update before so pardon me...

Bear with me
OGA just update nothing dey happen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2019
SwagPower:

Boss..When I dey installing some apps on my phone it says" due to system policy, this app cannot be installed "...
How do i fix this please?..

Very important and urgent..
Thanks.

Install from playstore
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Protein0 Tiger2020 chrisja Kallmerb queenfav GrandMufti genius43

Thanks guys for all the prompt help, i was able to threaten the seller with dispute as you all advised, cause the seller does not always reply to private message, thank God he replied through dispute... He said i should wipe the data, and i was able to wipe the data after booting into recovery mode, since all the text are written in Chinese, thank God for "Google lens" i was able to to be snapping every Chinese words while using Google lens to interpret it... Now the phone is now usable.. thanks for your donation. God helps everyone.

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joseph214(m): 11:30am On Dec 21, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2019
omoadeleye:

Thanks guys for all the prompt help, i was able to threaten the seller with dispute as you all advised, cause the seller does not always reply to private message, thank God he replied through dispute... He said i should wipe the data, and i was able to wipe the data after booting into recovery mode, since all the text are written in Chinese, thank God for "Google lens" i was able to to be snapping every Chinese words while using Google lens to interpret it... Now the phone is now usable.. thanks for your donation. God helps everyone.

Screenshot the about section of the phone. If he didn't Flash global rom, then you can still claim some dollers ($) cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2019
omoadeleye:

Glad it worked but do as GrandMufti said, some of those guys are not sincere at all..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2019
Samsimple:
have played lots of games on mine also.. Did you update to miui 11.. If yes, How many mb is d update

Yes I have updated it. Mine miui 11 was about 1.7gb and I used glo new midnight data plan.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2019
Samsimple:

Bear with me

Update don't wipe memory
Yes you Reboot and let it do the upgrade and restart on it's own.(Don't use inpatience to attempt pressing your power button during the process)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olatuneji: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2019
In need of a Redmi 8a pouch. who sells here or where can I get it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:55am On Dec 21, 2019
olatuneji:
In need of a Redmi 8a pouch. who sells here or where can I get it.
Gidieberry will have in a few days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:56am On Dec 21, 2019
genius43:

Update don't wipe memory
Yes you Reboot and let it do the upgrade and restart on it's own.(Don't use inpatience to attempt pressing your power button during the process)
At the parenthesis, make it no be like that guy's case.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2019
genius43:

Stop asking questions and leave with your fears, I have been updating my phone from MIUI 9.
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2019
GrandMufti:

They'll probably bring it back in android 10
Good news still regardless of the doubting tone!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2019
Samsimple:

Bear with me
Go check the →Xiaomi Compilation Post←
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
jboixxx:
Good news still regardless of the doubting tone!

Hehehe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
GrandMufti:

Hehehe
Abi na.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
omoadeleye:

That's y I love this thread. Guys here are always willing to help. I dey follow this thread everyday and I don't even use xiaomi. There's always something to learn. Kudos to everyone!

23 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SwagPower: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
GrandMufti:

Install from playstore
Aight Boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
vower:
it is but they've not updated it since they posted your order has been shipped,destination warri ng

The seller most likely didn't use DHL. Did the tracking details say it's via DHL? They got their own tracking sites n stuff
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
2kurupt:

The seller most likely didn't use DHL. Did the tracking details say it's via DHL? They got their own tracking sites n stuff
That's true! Some tracking information of some shipping coys don't update on AliExpress platform, like Turkey Post. Vower, maybe you should check their official page or use 17trackdotnet.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
GrandMufti:

Screenshot the about section of the phone. If he didn't Flash global rom, then you can still claim some dollers ($) cheesy
Bad guy wink.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mustiboy:

Alright. The "cool jazz", along with rosemary, is one of Samsung's default fonts.
Don't seem to know my way around on miui 11. Can you direct me pls, cos I no see am for "theme"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Don't seem to know my way around on miui 11. Can you direct me pls, cos I no see am for "theme"
download MICustomFont from play store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mustiboy:
Ok. Make I try. I also need to take time and "sanitizer" my phone seff. Too many apps on it that I don't even know their functions. Phone memory don almost full
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2019
jboixxx:
At the parenthesis, make it no be like that guy's case.

grin. Come to think of it, the guy no come give us feedback.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2019
jboixxx:
That's true! Some tracking information of some shipping coys don't update on AliExpress platform, like Turkey Post. Vower, maybe you should check their official page or use 17trackdotnet.

Yeah.

If indeed it's a DHL tracking number, it can only be authenticated from their tracking site and unlike AES & Singapore Post etc theirs gives a complete detail of the moment of your consignment.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nice game to play at leisure.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mustiboy:
Done. But I can't seem to find where to search.... Incase I want to return to " energy"

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
genius43:

grin. Come to think of it, the guy no come give us feedback.
I knew he won't! 90% of us literally bashed him!! Unfortunately, I can't remember his moniker to mention and ask how far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6547) (6548) (6549) (6550) (6551) (6552) (6553) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.