Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9304488 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6594) (6595) (6596) (6597) (6598) (6599) (6600) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2019
KrazzyAndy:
I just got the redmi 7 16gb but it showing me just available 5gb please help me guys I hope I did not get a clone or a fake embarassed
It seems OK to me. Os usually have up to 8gb space occupied in many decided. In yours, its abt 7.4gb. Then u have some files on your phone (other files) of abt 1.3gb. Then your installed apps occupy abt 1.61gb (and note, that statistics will be increasing with time esp as you use some apps frequently.. Special thanks to WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram. BBM used to be a mad ass culprit that year grin
Doin the maths bro.... 7.4 + 1.61 +1.3gb, is abt 10. 4gb used. Yoy are on track.
I once raised the issue here that even 32gb ROM is "almost" not a good buy cos of space, esp since you can't 'safely' use your mmc to augment system storage. I doubt if you wil enjoy this 16gb storage. For some people, the will do fine but for you, I am seeing the signs you might not enjoy the storage.
Still wish I went for 64gb ROM version of my RN7.... Though I love the phone.
My advice: try to be saving your apps on your mmc (that your 32gb definitely won't b enough. Try to squeeze eyes and get 128gb from Jboixxx (His stuffs are genuine and don't crash. I have bought quite a number from him for personal use and for my friend's) or at worst, 64gb. Let your phone storage be only for apps and the files they create over time. Then use your "cleaner" app once a while to clear trash.
Rock you phone bro

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KrazzyAndy(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2019
okikiosibodu:

It seems OK to me. Os usually have up to 8gb space occupied in many decided. In yours, its abt 7.4gb. Then u have some files on your phone (other files) of abt 1.3gb. Then your installed apps occupy abt 1.61gb (and note, that statistics will be increasing with time esp as you use some apps frequently.. Special thanks to WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram. BBM used to be a mad ass culprit that year grin
Doin the maths bro.... 7.4 + 1.61 +1.3gb, is abt 10. 4gb used. Yoy are on track.
I once raised the issue here that even 32gb ROM is "almost" not a good buy cos of space, esp since you can't 'safely' use your mmc to augment system storage. I doubt if you wil enjoy this 16gb storage. For some people, the will do fine but for you, I am seeing the signs you might not enjoy the storage.
Still wish I went for 64gb ROM version of my RN7.... Though I love the phone.
My advice: try to be saving your apps on your mmc (that your 32gb definitely won't b enough. Try to squeeze eyes and get 128gb from Jboixxx (His stuffs are genuine and don't crash. I have bought quite a number from him for personal use and for my friend's) or at worst, 64gb. Let your phone storage be only for apps and the files they create over time. Then use your "cleaner" app once a while to clear trash.
Rock you phone bro
Thanks for the info fam

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2019
jboixxx:
I'm with you guys in prayers o.
has ur bro's dhl package been delivered to him?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 9:25am On Dec 28, 2019
KrazzyAndy:

F**k mehhnnnn I'll just save up and go for the note 8 pro straight sad

Yes, that's just the best thing. It happened to me before as well. I have to sell my Nokia 3.2 16gb to add up and buy redmi 8a 32gb and am cool with it and no regret.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2019
Protein0 came through..... cool

Thanks man!!

God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2019
KrazzyAndy:

Errm bro do you know if I can plug on it without lagging??

It would lag jare. If yih download any big games it would still lag, even if you convert your memory card to internal memory.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2019
Bought glo 4G sim. Not showing 4G on my mi max 3..

Any solution
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 10:02am On Dec 28, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Noobody for President.

Babaooo that phone na hot knife to cold butter.
Mad oooo

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2019
omotayo600:
I'm having bad data connectivity on my redmi 8 but if I put the sim in my brother redmi note 5 its fast and normal, is it a normal thing on the phone, cause I'm not understanding anymore
It might bt an issue with configuration settings on your R8. Contact your service provider with the some in the R8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2019
jboixxx:
I know Baba. Heekmat and her mum nkọ?
You mean MamaHeekmat and Heekmat gan-gan?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2019
jboixxx:
O boi! 16GB is for the elderly that don't do shit on phone other than calls and SMS o. You'll need to get yourself a memory card or sell/gift the phone out and upgrade to 3/32 at least.

If possible, turn your memory card to adaptive storage.
KrazzyAndy... Wanted to suggest this, but refrained cos it will render the mmc almost useless as it won't be usable outside the phone unless you format it. You will lose files on it, a inking the excess if the mmc almost defeated. For more like, check out Jboixxx compilation list. Olayinkajnr and someone trashed it out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2019
Sexytimi:
Thanks to everyone answering me and a big thank you to Repairpalng, I called him this morning and he gave directions on how to get to his Store at Ikeja, I got my screen replaced under 30mins. He is very reliable guys...[
enjoy man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2019
KrazzyAndy:

Nawoo ohhh cry and I really don't do much on my phone and besides I thought that having an SD will also support to the inbuilt storage already
Haq Haq Haq Haq. Welcome on board. My exact thought too when goin for my 32gb: was wondering 64gb was manufactured in the first place. My previous andriod had 16gb storage. After you install one or two apps, give it 1ek, memory don dey full. You will be forced to either clear data for some apps or uninstall some for some features like sms and email on the phone to work. It was hell uninstalling some apps as it was an herculean decided which to let go, among needed apps installed on the phone. Now, the so called phone is strictly for movies apart from other uses you put a non gprs enabled device to use
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 10:17am On Dec 28, 2019
Kallmerb:
if your Browsing line is Glo.. Go for the redmi Note 8T...the 8T is not meant for Nigeria but due to band 28 its an advantage to Glo users... NfC is just a bonus we don't really use in Nigeria and the 18watt charger....
But if you are an Mtn or Airtel user just for for Note 8,u can easily buy 18watt charger from our people here and also both are same phone
Thanks, going for N8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:18am On Dec 28, 2019
drjprince:
T is the difference
Na subject of formulae you dey find? Hehehehehehehehehehe

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:26am On Dec 28, 2019
repairpalng:

Glad to be of help. Hope it doesn't break anytime soon grin
if it doesn't break anytime soon how will you be eating grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2019
Gptech:

Will pick a 3gig ram note 8 anyday over even a 6gig ram Redmi 8, the so called ram issue is not as bad as people paint it.
don't mind them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by highbee028(m): 10:36am On Dec 28, 2019
Plz where can i get redmi 8 4/64 today,
Its urgent
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Na subject of formulae you dey find? Hehehehehehehehehehe
yes subject of formula by dividing both side by redmi note 8 cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:37am On Dec 28, 2019
Sexytimi:
Oga I had a issue with my phone and he fixed it, am I suppose to badmouth him or did you see me write that people should have issues with their phone? If you have any issues with him call him out and dont use or quote me to shade him...
I no come nairaland con fight or make anybody put me for middle.
I come in peace please
this is too much ,he was just making fun of the whole thing without strings attached

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2019
Babaheekmat:
Bought glo 4G sim. Not showing 4G on my mi max 3..

Any solution

Go to there office to activate it or send them message on their twitter handle.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2019
Morning House, Is there any way to check which glo 4G band is available in one's location
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:51am On Dec 28, 2019
jboixxx:
If na so, you no go change until 2025.
Maybe oo grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2019
peteregwu:

Go to there office to activate it or send them message on their twitter handle.

I have messaged them.. Dey no reply on Twitter. Na glo 4G i buy na m do I still need to activate it again ni
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2019
vower:
has ur bro's dhl package been delivered to him?
nope!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2019
Gptech:

Maybe oo grin.
cheesy Will tell the LO to wash it inside water for you! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2019
sureteeboy:
Morning House, Is there any way to check which glo 4G band is available in one's location
do manual search of your netw through SIM settings

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2019
jboixxx:
do manual search of your netw through SIM settings
Thanks. I've done that already, but I'm just seeing glo 4G. I'm not sure what band is it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2019
Kelvo002:

Thanks for your time, which is advisable
and it doesn't come with a notification led, if that's a thing for u.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2019
Babaheekmat:

I have messaged them.. Dey no reply on Twitter. Na glo 4G i buy na m do I still need to activate it again ni
They will reply. I contacted them via twitter today and they said my sim has now been provisioned for 4G. But I'm still not getting 4g network on the sim, that's why I wanted to be sure if its band 28 in my area or Band 3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2019
KngGezy:

Over here it's not sweet being in the middle of an attack. One cannot over estimate or underestimate an attack. Because after the initial warning tremors, then main earthquakes then there are still aftershocks. Most times the aftershocks are the most hurtful. Because its least expected when someone makes an unprecedented attack on a closed argument.
that is when you lack sense of humour
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2019
sureteeboy:

Thanks. I've done that already, but I'm just seeing glo 4G. I'm not sure what band is it

Me no see glo 4G in my own. Just glo 3G and mtn 4G

(1) (2) (3) ... (6594) (6595) (6596) (6597) (6598) (6599) (6600) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.