Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9194303 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6673) (6674) (6675) (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
Crixxx:
so I saw the redmi 8a today.. the 1st ever xiaomi I got to operate.. Observations:its a cool phone although the owner personalised it(icons) I was still able to go explore other areas of xiaomi.. and I must say its a great phone. if you don't really know much about phones you'll never know its an IPS LCD screen.. The camera was average.... But I still prefer Samsung. The advantages I can say redmi has over Samsung budgets are the processors and maybe camera...

Its really a nice feel and something you can get if you need a taste different and better from the everywhere transsion devices and its definitely a second option if I don't get a Samsung.. One ui is the bomb.

If not for some reasons eh... iPhone x or iPhone 11 is my last bus stop. the display, camera, size day burst my brain..
thank u for that honest review... Funny thing is that redmi 8a is the lowest among redmi 8 series for now.. Imagine handling the likes of the Mi9t or the MI 9 or K20 or 30 series. Mi can't bet there will be orgasm

Redmi Go cam whixh is the lowest in the Redmi Line has a better camera than Samsung A10

Though I was once a fan of Samsung but the UI was irritating to me...

IPhone was great but Got bored of that same screen u look at always and also the data consumption made me run

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
KoladeAkinlade:

Yes

Go and uncheck the option of save to DCIM or so

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
KoladeAkinlade:

Yes
Settings > Advanced > Save to....toggle it off. That's the settings someone advised recently.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kallmerb:
I know people will come for my Head but I think Redmi 8 is the best work of Xiaomi among the Redmi 8 series ... It has no issues whatsoever ....

Oyah make una start

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
Gptech:
Meanwhile, I don try like Samsung flagships but I nr fit, fibonacci2526 how una take dey cope? Na only two Samsung phones I don fit like, the Note 5 and the note 10 plus for design and screen quality respectively, but their software naim dey push person back pass. Truly, the Oneui naim b their best so far but too boring jare tongue.
the best Samsung I have used is A10

I like it because of the scrappiness cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KoladeAkinlade(m): 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
jboixxx:
Settings > Advanced > Save to....toggle it off. That's the settings someone advised recently.

Done. Thanks.
But is there a way I can make the missing pictures reappear?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Gptech:

So na una dey plan this ish abi? Na to go obtain IP rating next cool.

Where you go see am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Seriously, that was my though too as I was typing the write up. As much as I am eager to witness the next phase, it is bringing mixed feelings of how all we value now, might end up being "scrap"
Atleast witj my knowledge then... Java was prevalent at a point, before symbian overtook with a distinguishing feature of being able to minimize apps and toggle between them too. Nokia tried to do a java phone with that feature but it just wasn't it (Nokia c3-00). Then Windows os came out (pocket pc... I no even dey here of am again), and then Microsoft limia series. They were damn pricey.
"Organisers" came into being, with the ability to save contacts but didn't support sim cards, later some etih sim card support came into being, but can't call out
Blackberry came too, very expensive and subscription was 5k per month (60k per year) and many users then were not using it 5o generate revenue. Just for the fun of it, and social recognition. Different models came out in quick succession and there was always urge to "upgrade" even though the users hardly know features present in the new release, that was not in their present phones cos they never even utilised up to 30% of the functionality in the present phone. Bbm was the talk of the town, more popular that whatsapp, cos people without a pin were considered to be in stone age. Who could believe andriod phones would support Bbm now (Jahbles... Pingi... Lori Nokia. Joor o)
IOS too came out, wit iphone 3 and 4 being the reigning ones, iphone generation 3 and 4 too were in vogue (those devices could pass for an iPhone. Person go use am dey catch trips. All of a sudden, exotic java and symbian phones started to phase out and blackberry was struggling to stay afloat even as many competitors where in the market (sagem, Siemens, Samsung blues screen with antenna, alcatel, nec, etc).
Thuraya was trying to gain popularity but very pricey. Their call Tarrif na die even til present date. Some destinations charge almost N2. 50k per seconds.... Lost used by workers offshore
Andriod came, and at a point os 4.1, 4.2, 4.4 were the kinds of andriod (my tecno phantom A+ that year.... Can take a whole day to charge. E for good if backup dey last that long), now we are in OS 10. Andriod might phase out soon and a new os will be in vogue
We started too from mms (100n per page), then infrared (with short range) came into being (your village people decide to find your trouble... One idiot will shake your hand when file transfer is on 90%, and you have to go through the excruciating pain to start afresh. Bluetooth soon replace it, and then phones with both Bluetooth and infrared got launched (Nokia 3100 came to the rescued. Then infrared got scraapp, to be replaced by Bluetooth which we found as a life saver in terms of transfer speed. The "saviour" is now losing its reputation into being a detested champion as its glory is being hijacked my WiFi... Special thanks to xender.
The list is just unending. We considered our parents and elderly ones as "old school"..... Little did we know we will be that exact old school to our children in years too come. This life ehn..... Hmmmbn

This write up is the koko. True description of how things have changed

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
drjprince:

I literally LOL. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kallmerb:
thank u for that honest review... Funny thing is that redmi 8a is the lowest among redmi 8 series for now.. Imagine handling the likes of the Mi9t or the MI 9 or K20 or 30 series. Mi can't bet there will be orgasm

Redmi Go cam whixh is the lowest in the Redmi Line has a better camera than Samsung A10

Though I was once a fan of Samsung but the UI was irritating to me...

IPhone was great but Got bored of that same screen u look at always and also the data consumption made me run

Make una pity our beloved A10 na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
maclawrence02:

I dey ph, visit osisioma almost every weekend. Any better for us?
i dn gam frnd oh
which biz u de do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
seanwilliam:
yes I have used iphone 6 before.. then I used Samsung s6 edge.. sincerely I no be phone frick.. if you see big phone for my hand na just for big boy thing...when I bought this a10s, I have money for s9 then, I just no dey frick for phone.. the reason I want to upgrade na because of my cliques..

And no matter how u want to twist it, Samsung, weather high end or low end, is still valued, reliable and recognised than XIOAMI or what have u...
iPhone is the best of all phones
what do you know about being the best
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
liljboy:
I am at the moment
which side
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
StRichard:
yup...I reside in aba
which side
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
jboixxx:
Leave am na! By the time he starts to pay 500 as handling fee for tempered glass and 1k for battery at NIPOST, he go know what's up!!

Speaking of which, items of 0.1 kg - 0.49kg will now attracts N500 as against N200 from February 01 while ≥0.5kg will be N1000.

Shoppers, take note.
what the hell

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HisExcellence(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
jboixxx:
Use the notification drop down. I hate app drawer!!!

Which theme or launcher is that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
Juicey10:
which side
what is it that you want?... My side no be the matter
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seanwilliam(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tiger2020:
what do you know about being the best
brother, considering every criterion that determines the best, I give it to iPhone bros.. though I prefer Samsung to iphone any day
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
jboixxx:
Baba, I go try am tomorrow. Ive never taken shots on that phone aside my NIPOST receipts for clients!!
Use scanner for your receipts it's better than taking snapshots it can easily pass as an e-receipt.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
maclawrence02:

Use scanner for your receipts it's better than taking snapshots it can easily pass as an e-receipt.
Ok boss. Will try that....just thought it's faster to take shots than scanning....limited time grin
Thanks baba

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
HisExcellence:

Which theme or launcher is that?
Microsoft Launcher
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
KoladeAkinlade:

Done. Thanks.
But is there a way I can make the missing pictures reappear?
That I can't answer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
Gptech:

You nr fit convert dis head to blue? tongue
Ṣeun is reading this....he'll need to customise my own set of emojis.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Guys saying bad things about Samsung are so funny....xaiomi extremist deep down they know the truth���
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
olanreyman:
Guys saying bad things about Samsung are so funny....xaiomi extremist deep down they know the truth���

LOL.

Samsung is good and Xiaomi is good too. This simple truth is just hard for some people to accept.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
drjprince:

As table nr kuku dey again grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
shosky1794:

Where you go see am
I go soon do video review for you wink.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Gptech:

You nr fit convert dis head to blue? tongue
Guys be speaking in codes and ancient languages grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
fibonacci2526:

grin Oneui is not that bad. I like it tbh and it is not boring to me,their amoled panel is kiss kiss
True e nr bad at all, but not for people like us angry. Meanwhile that display, I mean the note 10 plus with the masculine design go well kiss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StRichard(m): 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
Juicey10:
which side
around Azikiwe road
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
olanreyman:

Same way some persons claim sd625 outperforms sd636. What a funny life

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
jboixxx:
Leave am na! By the time he starts to pay 500 as handling fee for tempered glass and 1k for battery at NIPOST, he go know what's up!!

Speaking of which, items of 0.1 kg - 0.49kg will now attracts N500 as against N200 from February 01 while ≥0.5kg will be N1000.

Shoppers, take note.
Lagos BRT handled by Primero too recently announced on radio on its plan to review tfare upwards, from Feb or so... That present rates can't meet up with running cost. Na to dey buy in bulk from you. We go let the quantity mature well well before you ship an grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6673) (6674) (6675) (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ItzEminence(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.