Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9244380 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6728) (6729) (6730) (6731) (6732) (6733) (6734) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2020
kayfeez:

Do you think I will need a config for this one ?

Yes, cause that's the version I'm currently using with the cofig file

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaybeee(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2020
I'm the redmi note 8 user who posted yesterday dat my phone doesn't hve d redmi branding in front.... It was a mistake, it has d redmi branding in front... D screen guard covered it. grin .... Enjoying d device, very great.

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 11:56am On Jan 18, 2020
genius43:

I am sure this was meant for me. Just picked up my phone to meet this.

Now I have never claimed to know everything as you boldly stated like you have met me in person. I only expressed my disbelief and I am bold to say I remember telling you to prove me wrong by using LTE Discovery or Signal Spy Pro not in a harsh way but in a way that I would be convinced and can back up my claim in case someone else brings it up.

I have long since forgotten about this but since you are the type that takes little argument to be a show of arrogance I am sorry I pass of that way.

One thing I am sure is that most people I have interacted with off this platform can tell you my kind of person.

Once again sorry.

Now this is what I call being a man. Admitting ur wrongs, apologising and moving on.

Well done boss cool cool

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jaybeee:
I'm the redmi note 8 user who posted yesterday dat my phone doesn't hve d redmi branding in front.... It was a mistake, it has d redmi branding in front... D screen guard covered it. grin .... Enjoying d device, very great.

grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
wiliz:
Help!!! Please can someone help me with the link for original rn4 battery on Aliexpress??

Check store thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaybeee(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
GrandMufti:

grin
my bad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Destol090: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
palmshots:

Thanks brother

You're welcome bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Modern phones come with anti-overcharge features that cut off current frm then phone when battery is full. But keeping it plugged, puts stress on the battery as the mechanism involved toggles between charging the phone frm 99% to 100% within the period it is plugged, and it affecta battery life on the long run (not an immediate thing. Its like a boxer that starts having brain issues after retiring, owing to the punches sustained while active in his career).
Bottomline: as long as it is safe to plug it overnight, avoid it as oft as you can. You can set alarm when you plug it, for an estimated time it wil get filled, so you can wake up to disconnect it.
As it is showing charge sign on 100%, that is an issue. Try to restart the phone, and try agai. If issue persist, try a dif charger and chord entirely, and possibly power socket, so the root cause can be established

thanks for the info...................

this is the first time it happened.

i ve never charged my phone to 100% except the first day of usage.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
Mckandre:
this kind of recklessness is what really degrades battery cells alot, try to avoid such next time, unless u want ur not upto a year phone to go under the screwdriver. If u know u will sleep off its better u disconnect everything including the charging brick from the source. It's too a early to start spending on this device cheesy

thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Gptech:

Upgrade Ke! Make we see wetin dem get to offer dis year, we nr go rush.
This was not our agreement o grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Gptech:

It stopped charging, why not reboot the phone.

well, i ve already started using d device.

thanks for all d support boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Well, I don't believe people here are arrogant. It depends on your perception about people in general. The way you see it, they are arrogant simply because you don't understand them, but to them, they are not.

The person you are even referring to meant no harm but I guess we all have different ways we react to things.

On this thread, I haven't come across any arrogant person. Maybe because I tend to understand the kind of person they are. But I've come across trolls. Those that don't have anything better to do with their time than to denigrate brands especially when they don't use it. I don't take those kind of people serious.
and you just threw subtle jabs too grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by exclusive2019: 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2020
Does anyone have Double Sided Glass Metal Magnetic Phone Case for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8?

I really want to buy.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Guess you either didn't comprehend Olayinkajnr message you you are feeling too hurt to let go. Ye moniker in question meant no harm, perhaps you misinterpreted his intentions.
There are several ways to kill a mosquito without using a sledge hammer, there are several ways to convey a message without subtle jabs in it
If you are still feeling hurt, in behalf of the moniker.... I am sorry. Let bygones be bygones... Are we cool?
I sha can use catapult kill am cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
jboixxx:
and you just threw subtle jabs too grin grin grin

Lols. It was a necessary jibe. grin grin

In this case, it isn't an insult.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
exclusive2019:
Does anyone have Double Sided Glass Metal Magnetic Phone Case for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8?

I really want to buy.

Thanks
AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lols. It was a necessary jibe. grin grin

In this case, it isn't an insult.
grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
Gptech:

I hope my phone get dis feature since nr b modern phone? embarassed
Lol. Guess that was sarcasm grin
Back then during the era of os 4.2 and 4.4, selected devices had the anti overcharge feature. It started getting prominence in later device (though not all). Even my 2016 device has the feature, how much yours?
I know not all recent devices will have it, but most, should. Quite one of the things I check when getting a new device, among other things
How you dey, boss?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
jboixxx:
I sha can use catapult kill am cheesy
Why not if not? As long as your accuracy is as precise as the missile launched by USA recently, otherwise..... Buy Baygon

I don tweak am again

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2020
Omenaukor:

What about the cameras?
Which one is better?
I don't know, I haven't compared them side by side
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by udysweet(f): 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
Pls who sells screen guard for mi9t? Or can I get at computer Village
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jaybeee:
was it pre installed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
udysweet:
Pls who sells screen guard for mi9t? Or can I get at computer Village

Check store thread for buying and selling

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mujaya1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
awoo47:
miyetiallah dey use android??
keep trolling undecided
we fulani use xiaomi for life, my first xiaomi is redmi note 3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I get your point. The onus remains that we can all say or type what's on our mind without insults.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't make your feelings known if there's an insult on your person.

In this case, you are guilty (sorry for using that word) of trying to start another round by throwing subtle jibes. I'm glad you admitted that earlier when you quoted me.

Bro if I can remember when that guy said that MTN now operate using band 3 then genuis came and argued on seeing thier the arguments I told him that MTN now have band 3 which I've been using for over 1year now he later still came out demanding for prove. When two person's have actually told him MTN operate on Band 3.

Wetin I dey use I go prove to you say Na you get my phone for me or Na prove competition dem dey do here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Guess you either didn't comprehend Olayinkajnr message you you are feeling too hurt to let go. Ye moniker in question meant no harm, perhaps you misinterpreted his intentions.
There are several ways to kill a mosquito without using a sledge hammer, there are several ways to convey a message without subtle jabs in it
If you are still feeling hurt, in behalf of the moniker.... I am sorry. Let bygones be bygones... Are we cool?

Forget trying to be good most times you guys take side here mostly when it comes to do with people you guys know. When we mentioned about the band 3 here and he still came here asking for proves all I see is many likes on his comments for asking for proves when two people have already said MTN has band 3. None of you asked him to get his fact first before arguing ignorantly.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by incredible16(m): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
Somebody should please add me to the telegram group, my username is INCREDIBLE098
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NigPatriot(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2020
kayfeez:

Greetings and thanks for this.

This my situation, i have the Gcam on my note 8, do I still need to install the config you made reference to.

Is the config diff from the actual Gcam?

You are welcome.

In reference to your question. Yes the Config actually adds color to the gcam. You'd like it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ganie(m): 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
Kallmerb:
Yes download the config file for redmi note 7
Any link sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2020

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Fibonacci2526 doesn't disappoint smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2020
ganie:

Any link sir?

genius43:

I believe there are links on the compilation thread. You are not new here.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/PMGC_7.0.009_HDR_Version_V13.apk

Configs for RN7:
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/552c9354

Note use Astro XML For Astrophotography alone.
ParrotV13.Ryam works well for every other mode
To apply configs

Create a folder on the root of your internal storage called GoogleCamera then create another folder in this folder called ConfigsCamera. Paste the XML FILE (s)
Then follow other steps on application of the pasted XML on the camera app from the link below

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6728) (6729) (6730) (6731) (6732) (6733) (6734) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.