Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9244845 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6727) (6728) (6729) (6730) (6731) (6732) (6733) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Destol090: 9:17am On Jan 18, 2020
palmshots:

Please can you share the link? I have someone that has been trying to download

Can this version work fine on RN7 also? Thanks

I can't really say about that but I think RN7 has its own perfect version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Destol090: 9:20am On Jan 18, 2020
palmshots:

Please can you share the link? I have someone that has been trying to download

Can this version work fine on RN7 also? Thanks

The version below is for RN7

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_RN7_V1a_FINAL.apk

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/6613#85386894
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by palmshots: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Destol090:

I can't really say about that but I think RN7 has its own perfect version

Okay, you can share me this one you are using link..if you have it...I'm asking for a friend
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Chimoski87:
Gurus in the house, pls help me out. I mistakenly removed the Google assistant from the home screen this morning. I have made strenuous efforts to bring it back to no avail. I have googled many things, maybe i am not following the steps and don't know if someone can show me an easier step to get it back to the home screen. The screen shots are where i have gotten so far, yet i can't get it back

While on the home screen, use two fingers to pinch the screen, select widget. It will bring up the widget menu. Scroll down to find the "Search" widget and drag it to your home screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Destol090: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2020
palmshots:

Okay, you can share me this one you are using link..if you have it...I'm asking for a friend

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog866/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by palmshots: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by palmshots: 9:23am On Jan 18, 2020
palmshots:
Be like this MIUI is draining battery o.. sad.Pls how can I go back to MIUI 10 or downgrade?
Redmi note 7
Thanks.

Please help a brother...I am the brother
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:29am On Jan 18, 2020
Omenaukor:
Redmi 8 or Nokia X5 which one should I go for?
X5 for better performance, stock android but be ready to buy magnetic usb cord because charging port issue is certain.
Redmi 8 for bigger battery, MIUI, love of gcam, bigger screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2020
palmshots:

Please help a brother...I am the brother
Wait for it to stabilize
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammadbiee(m): 9:36am On Jan 18, 2020
scotweezy:
Well MTN might have been secretly using Band 3 for a long time now. One thing to note is that Band 20 seems to easily take over from this band whenever available. So, it is actually hard getting a lockdown on Band 3 when Band 20 is available and strong.
Sure! Have said this earlier on this thread and someone was arguing ignorantly thinking he knows everything. The truth will always reveal itself.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omenaukor(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2020
OHIsIManuEL:

X5 for better performance, stock android but be ready to buy magnetic usb cord because charging port issue is certain.
Redmi 8 for bigger battery, MIUI, love of gcam, bigger screen
What about the cameras?
Which one is better?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2020
TrebleChamp:
How good is the sound quality?

Very good. If your phone has the audio enhancements to deliver then surely you won't get anything less
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2020
This thread don tire me sef....make I waka pass go find another one.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2020
Whats is the best mi phone in the price range
50k-53k
wants to recommend it for a frnd
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2020
2kurupt:

Very good. If your phone has the audio enhancements to deliver then surely you won't get anything less
Ok, ordering mine soon. Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Gptech:

It stopped charging, why not reboot the phone.

I dn dey use am make vide call since..
Battery dn enter 90% self lol.
Well, I go reboot am now.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kayfeez(m): 10:08am On Jan 18, 2020
genius43:

Config is an XML file with configured settings for devices. Note not all GCam ports support Config.

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/6679#85696506

Do you think I will need a config for this one ?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2020
Muhammadbiee:
Sure! Have said this earlier on this thread and someone was arguing ignorantly thinking he knows everything. The truth will always reveal itself.

If you don't comment this way, will you die?

What's the essence of all these subtle jibes at someone?

Humans have really denigrated to a new low and you are a testament to that. Must you comment with jibes?

"Sure" is enough. I have said this on this thread but no believed me is another way it can be constructed. But no, we must add that jibes so the person concerned will know you are referring to him and another round of insults and argument will start.

Learn to let go of things else you'll be guilty of the same thing you accuse someone of.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammadbiee(m): 10:22am On Jan 18, 2020
olayinkajnr:

If you don't comment this way, will you die?

What's the essence of all these subtle jibes at someone?

Humans have really denigrated to a new low and you are a testament to that. Must you comment with jibes?

"Sure" is enough. I have said this on this thread but no believed me is another way it can be constructed. But no, we must add that jibes so the person concerned will know you are referring to him and another round of insults and argument will start.

Learn to let go of things else you'll be guilty of the same thing you accuse someone of.
I know I shouldn't acted that way but it's just annoying dealing with arrogant people.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2020
Muhammadbiee:
I know I shouldn't acted that way but it's just annoying dealing with arrogant people.

Well, I don't believe people here are arrogant. It depends on your perception about people in general. The way you see it, they are arrogant simply because you don't understand them, but to them, they are not.

The person you are even referring to meant no harm but I guess we all have different ways we react to things.

On this thread, I haven't come across any arrogant person. Maybe because I tend to understand the kind of person they are. But I've come across trolls. Those that don't have anything better to do with their time than to denigrate brands especially when they don't use it. I don't take those kind of people serious.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammadbiee(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Well, I don't believe people here are arrogant. It depends on your perception about people in general. The way you see it, they are arrogant simply because you don't understand them, but to them, they are not.

The person you are even referring to meant no harm but I guess we all have different ways we react to things.

On this thread, I haven't come across any arrogant person. Maybe because I tend to understand the kind of person they are. But I've come across trolls. Those that don't have anything better to do with their time than to denigrate brands especially when they don't use it. I don't take those kind of people serious.
Mind you I didn't say everyone here is ignorant. I believe we are all here to learn and benefit from the knowledge of one another. I may post something here that you may not have knowledge of it, by you not having the knowledge on that thing I posted doesn't mean what I posted is wrong. If you can't even confirm on the truthfulness of what I posted, then the best for you is not to even comment or qoute on the post. But falsifying directly on the post without confirmation and even emphasizing on your falsification, then that's ignorance. Some are even waiting for you to post something different from what they now, so that they can start the argument just to prove they know everything.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:05am On Jan 18, 2020
Muhammadbiee:
Mind you I didn't say everyone here is ignorant. I believe we are all here to learn and benefit from the knowledge of one another. I may post something here that you may not have knowledge of it, by you not having the knowledge on that thing I posted doesn't mean what I posted is wrong. If you can't even confirm on the truthfulness of what I posted, then the best for you is not to even comment or qoute on the post. But falsifying directly on the post without confirmation and even emphasizing on your falsification, then that's ignorance. Some are even waiting for you to post something different from what they now, so that they can start the argument just to prove they know everything.

I get your point. The onus remains that we can all say or type what's on our mind without insults.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't make your feelings known if there's an insult on your person.

In this case, you are guilty (sorry for using that word) of trying to start another round by throwing subtle jibes. I'm glad you admitted that earlier when you quoted me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2020
paradigmshift:
Guys , I plug my mi9t n slept off. The battery was filled up to 100% n still showing the charging sign.... Is this going to affect my battery? Or did it stop charging when it got to 100%?
this kind of recklessness is what really degrades battery cells alot, try to avoid such next time, unless u want ur not upto a year phone to go under the screwdriver. If u know u will sleep off its better u disconnect everything including the charging brick from the source. It's too a early to start spending on this device cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:11am On Jan 18, 2020
Muhammadbiee:
Guess you either didn't comprehend Olayinkajnr message you you are feeling too hurt to let go. Ye moniker in question meant no harm, perhaps you misinterpreted his intentions.
There are several ways to kill a mosquito without using a sledge hammer, there are several ways to convey a message without subtle jabs in it
If you are still feeling hurt, in behalf of the moniker.... I am sorry. Let bygones be bygones... Are we cool?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammadbiee(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I get your point. The onus remains that we can all say or type what's on our mind without insults.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't make your feelings known if there's an insult on your person.

In this case, you are guilty (sorry for using that word) of trying to start another round by throwing subtle jibes. I'm glad you admitted that earlier when you quoted me.
Of course I'm guilty of acting this way for not letting go off things. Like I said it's annoying and that's all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammadbiee(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Guess you either didn't comprehend Olayinkajnr message you you are feeling too hurt to let go. Ye moniker in question meant no harm, perhaps you misinterpreted his intentions.
There are several ways to kill a mosquito without using a sledge hammer, there are several ways to convey a message without subtle jabs in it
If you are still feeling hurt, in behalf of the moniker.... I am sorry. Let bygones be bygones... Are we cool?
I'm sorry too to everyone here. We are cool!

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:18am On Jan 18, 2020
paradigmshift:
Guys , I plug my mi9t n slept off. The battery was filled up to 100% n still showing the charging sign.... Is this going to affect my battery? Or did it stop charging when it got to 100%?
Modern phones come with anti-overcharge features that cut off current frm then phone when battery is full. But keeping it plugged, puts stress on the battery as the mechanism involved toggles between charging the phone frm 99% to 100% within the period it is plugged, and it affecta battery life on the long run (not an immediate thing. Its like a boxer that starts having brain issues after retiring, owing to the punches sustained while active in his career).
Bottomline: as long as it is safe to plug it overnight, avoid it as oft as you can. You can set alarm when you plug it, for an estimated time it wil get filled, so you can wake up to disconnect it.
As it is showing charge sign on 100%, that is an issue. Try to restart the phone, and try agai. If issue persist, try a dif charger and chord entirely, and possibly power socket, so the root cause can be established
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Modern phones come with anti-overcharge features that cut off current frm then phone when battery is full.
I hope my phone get dis feature since nr b modern phone? embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wiliz(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2020
Help!!! Please can someone help me with the link for original rn4 battery on Aliexpress??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2020
kayfeez:

Do you think I will need a config for this one ?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2020
Juicey10:

bt redmi 8 doesnt support power delivery

It doesn't
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:43am On Jan 18, 2020
Muhammadbiee:

I am sure this was meant for me. Just picked up my phone to meet this.

Now I have never claimed to know everything as you boldly stated like you have met me in person. I only expressed my disbelief and I am bold to say I remember telling you to prove me wrong by using LTE Discovery or Signal Spy Pro not in a harsh way but in a way that I would be convinced and can back up my claim in case someone else brings it up.

I have long since forgotten about this but since you are the type that takes little argument to be a show of arrogance I am sorry I pass of that way.

One thing I am sure is that most people I have interacted with off this platform can tell you my kind of person.

Once again sorry.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6727) (6728) (6729) (6730) (6731) (6732) (6733) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.