Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193758 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6732) (6733) (6734) (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
Chasepark:

Sir, are you sure that black stuff is removable? Seems it's inside the sticky part on the inside
why removing it ,it poses no harm to your device or view
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chasepark: 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Mark9854:

no it's outside, and you can peal it off. I used the sides of a razor blade to peel mine.

Okay maybe I would look for another screen guard to try this on. That black line can be annoying
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Tiger2020:
why removing it ,it poses no harm to your device or view
Mine covers the notification led a bit but still visible kinda. No effect on proximity sensor.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
I don't like too much bass but it is well rounded. Not over the top. You can still tweak it a bit in your music player.

Mizik:
How's the bass?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
jboixxx:
Mine covers the notification led a bit but still visible kinda. No effect on proximity sensor.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
anonymousey:

Let's see pix
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
Abeg where I fit get xaiomi power bank for Lagos?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
olanreyman:
Abeg where I fit get xaiomi power bank for Lagos?
just2endowed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheylarhh(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
drjprince:
just2endowed
He sells only Romoss powerbank
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Barrywest(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
Help my new Rn8 consumes data very fast...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
Barrywest:
Disable auto update of apps on Google Play, disable MIUI Cloud Gallery backups, if you do use Google Drive/Photos backup, ensure it's not on auto and disable autoplay on your Facebook/Instagram and watch less of WhatsApp status.

Check Xiaomi Compilation Thread for more details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Fibonacci2526 doesn't disappoint smiley
how much did you get this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
sheylarhh:

He sells only Romoss powerbank
oooh kiss then macbeyland is the guy to go
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kayfeez(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
genius43:

Download the V13 from the post link I shared with you.

Thanks bro...

I hope am good with this settings for more
Kindly check the pictures

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Chasepark:

Sir, are you sure that black stuff is removable? Seems it's inside the sticky part on the inside
No. It's top of the glass. I peeled mine, and now I don't have to look for screen guards. I just buy any one and peel it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
Barrywest:
try disabling auto sync but know that gmail notification wouldn't show except you sync it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Chasepark:

No. It's top of the glass. I peeled mine, and now I don't have to look for screen guards. I just buy any one and peel it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaybeee(m): 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Guys how can i save contacts on my sim card redmi note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
Tiger2020:
so its back

Yeah. It unexpectedly came back up that same day. While it was down, it was not booting to fastboot or recovery no matter how hard I tried. It also was not showing the LED light when plugged in. So I didn't expect it when it came up later.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaybeee(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
Buzx:
No. It's top of the glass. I peeled mine, and now I don't have to look for screen guards. I just buy any one and peel it.
how do we go about the peeling, is it with razor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Muhammadbiee:
I have faced such issue before. Calm down, just reflash the phone with a stock rom and it will come up. I once cautioned people about using the app. The app can lock a particular band on your phone, any band you choose to lock the phone with depending on the bands your phone can support. It automatically have access to the QCN of your phone which consist of the data bases and prop build files. This causes some system images to be corrupt and your phone will be dead.

You really know the app. But there was no way I could have flashed it because it was not booting to fastboot or recovery at all. It was not even being detected by my laptop. I was surprised that it came back up though. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
kayfeez:

Thanks bro...

I hope am good with this settings for more
Kindly check the pictures

Did you apply the XML file?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
Guys pls tell me what's wrong.. see how my Redmi note 8 screen is showing sad. wait.. no way.. it isn't showing on my screen shot.. what i am trying to show u guys is that i see my keyboard of my fone transparently in a very dim or black colour background on my fone.... i wish i could show it.. what does it mean. Is my screen damaged already

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chinnyonwu(m): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
chinnyonwu:

Thank you, i saw someone mentioning some screen callibration issue.

Receievd my redmi note 8t from macbeyland today and so far so good.
He included the 2 screen guards, earpiece and extra case just as promised
Buy from him he's legit

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
Pascalville:
Guys pls tell me what's wrong.. see how my Redmi note 8 screen is showing embarassed wait.. no way.. it isn't showing on my screen shot.. what j was trying to show u guys is that i see my keyboard of my fone transparently.. in a very dim or black colour.. i wish i could show it.. what does it mean. Is my screen damaged already

What is it showing?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by monerozi5590: 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
Jaybeee:
Guys how can i save contacts on my sim card redmi note 8

Guy how far with the redmi note 8.. The camera dope?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
Pascalville:
Guys pls tell me what's wrong.. see how my Redmi note 8 screen is showing sad. wait.. no way.. it isn't showing on my screen shot.. what i am trying to show u guys is that i see my keyboard of my fone transparently in a very dim or black colour background on my fone.... i wish i could show it.. what does it mean. Is my screen damaged already
ok.. i finally found a name for my problem.. its called screen burn... I will use a photo and show you what it looks like just that.. mine.. it is my keyboard that shows like ghost on dark background... Do u see how the lte network and those stuff are showing like ghost.. next to the settings bar... Its called screen burn.. so is my screen spoilt or what

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
Pascalville:
ok.. i finally found a name for my problem.. its called screen burn... I will use a photo and show you what it looks like just that.. mine.. it is my keyboard that shows like ghost on dark background... Do u see how the lte network and those stuff are showing like ghost.. next to the settings bar... Its called screen burn.. so is my screen spoilt or what

Did you flash a custom ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
Jaybeee:
how do we go about the peeling, is it with razor

Yes. The screen guard has to installed already, then scrach the black line off with razor.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
genius43:

Did you flash a custom ROM?
nah.. i did nothing.. to the fone at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uptimum123(m): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
My redmi note 8 gets hot when operating,could it be to the network not being stable

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kayfeez(m): 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
genius43:

Did you apply the XML file?

How do I apply it ?

Note: I have created the folder and sub folder and pasted the XML file on the previous Gcam

Do I still need to repeat the process again?
If no, how do I apply?

Thanks so much Genius

(1) (2) (3) ... (6732) (6733) (6734) (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.