Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9293180 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6733) (6734) (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
uptimum123:
My redmi note 8 gets hot when operating,could it be to the network not being stable

Are you operating it while charging?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
Pascalville:
ok.. i finally found a name for my problem.. its called screen burn... I will use a photo and show you what it looks like just that.. mine.. it is my keyboard that shows like ghost on dark background... Do u see how the lte network and those stuff are showing like ghost.. next to the settings bar... Its called screen burn.. so is my screen spoilt or what

It can't be screen burn, it's an LCD display panel.

What ROM is that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uptimum123(m): 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2020
Sometimes i do operate while charging,but it still gets hot when am operating it without charging

Buzx:

Are you operating it while charging?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
kayfeez:

How do I apply it ?

Note: I have created the folder and sub folder and pasted the XML file on the previous Gcam

Do I still need to repeat the process again?
If no, how do I apply?

Thanks so much Genius
Create a folder on the root of your internal storage called GoogleCamera then create another folder in this folder called ConfigsCamera. Paste the XML FILE (s)

Then open the app click on the black space at the right side between the shutter button and the button to view pictures select the config file and click restore. Close the app and reopen.

Go to settings, advanced where you see Pixel 4 XL change it to SSKGM1(If applicable to this version).

Incase you can't apply configs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
uptimum123:
My redmi note 8 gets hot when operating,could it be to the network not being stable

Yes. Unstable network can cause increased battery usage which also causes heat to your phone.

External temperature can also result in phone's abnormal temperature.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
uptimum123:
Sometimes i do operate while charging,but it still gets hot when am operating it without charging

Trust me, It will stable over time. It might be due to many reasons: using while charging, the power source, fast charging. Also try to reduce the screen brightness. And stop using your phone while charging; it's bad for your battery's health.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProfKhaycee(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
From dis thread, I noticed dat ppl do buy d redmi note 8 more than the redmi 8...
And even d redmi note 8 with 4gb/64gb + 4000mah ba3 is more expensive than d redmi 8 with d same 4gb/64gb + 5000mah

So pls my question is what are d special features of d redmi note 8 dat d redmi 8 does not have ...cos I wan buy fone Wey I go enjoy oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
ProfKhaycee:
From dis thread, I noticed dat ppl do buy d redmi note 8 more than the redmi 8...
And even d redmi note 8 with 4gb/64gb + 4000mah ba3 is more expensive than d redmi 8 with d same 4gb/64gb + 5000mah

So pls my question is what are d special features of d redmi note 8 dat d redmi 8 does not have ...cos I wan buy fone Wey I go enjoy oo

Better processor Snapdragon 665 vs 439
Better Camera 48MP vs 12MP
Better display 1080 (409 DPI) vs 720 (270 DPI)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
ProfKhaycee:

Phones are more than RAM/ROM and battery. RN8 has a faster processor, better GPU, better camera setup, a slightly bigger display etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
Remember this day cool

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ameezy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
Wallpaper ❤️ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProfKhaycee(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
akashi01 and genius 43
Ah ....nawa oo
Me no kon get enough funds ooo for RN8 na R8 my money fit buy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princenonye: 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
Pls who is using or have used XIAOMI A3?. Is it better than Xiaomi Note 8/pro?? Honest reviews please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Menance: 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
This isn't a Samsung thread but out of love for AMOLED screens allow me do this here..

If you've held a Samsung S7 and tilted it side to side you'll notice the app icons and wallpaper seem to move a bit even when not touch.. who know what this is called or if it's part of the AMOLED tech.

And this screen burn in is it really a turn off because I know a friend has been using his Galaxy j5 for about 2yrs now with no issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
Pascalville:
ok.. i finally found a name for my problem.. its called screen burn... I will use a photo and show you what it looks like just that.. mine.. it is my keyboard that shows like ghost on dark background... Do u see how the lte network and those stuff are showing like ghost.. next to the settings bar... Its called screen burn.. so is my screen spoilt or what

Adjust Kcal settings. Should be under display settings I think
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 10:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
ProfKhaycee:
akashi01 and genius 43
Ah ....nawa oo
Me no kon get enough funds ooo for RN8 na R8 my money fit buy
The Redmi 8 is good enough too, not just for intensive gaming or running multiple apps at the same time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kayfeez(m): 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
genius43:

Create a folder on the root of your internal storage called GoogleCamera then create another folder in this folder called ConfigsCamera. Paste the XML FILE (s)

Then open the app click on the black space at the right side between the shutter button and the button to view pictures select the config file and click restore. Close the app and reopen.

Go to settings, advanced where you see Pixel 4 XL change it to SSKGM1(If applicable to this version).

Incase you can't apply configs

I think I have done this...but is there a way to confirm my settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
shosky1794:

Yeah. It unexpectedly came back up that same day. While it was down, it was not booting to fastboot or recovery no matter how hard I tried. It also was not showing the LED light when plugged in. So I didn't expect it when it came up later.
enjoy ,old soldier never dies but not when bomb lands
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
kayfeez:

I think I have done this...but is there a way to confirm my settings

Just take shot as a sample
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
chinnyonwu:

Receievd my redmi note 8t from macbeyland today and so far so good.
He included the 2 screen guards, earpiece and extra case just as promised
Buy from him he's legit
we already know him
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by just2endowed: 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
sheylarhh:

He sells only Romoss powerbank

Thanks for recommending me

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by just2endowed: 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
olanreyman:
Abeg where I fit get xaiomi power bank for Lagos?

Yes you can contact me to get quality romoss powerbank and since your phone support Quick charging, romoss Sense 8+ be best bet

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Elslim:
Remember this day cool
when we have not fully implemented 4G,chai! Inside life

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
akashi01:

It can't be screen burn, it's an LCD display panel.

What ROM is that?
and you think LCD/ips screens are not susceptible to screen burn

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 10:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
Mckandre:
and you think LCD/ips screens are not susceptible to screen burn
Vey rare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
Menance:
This isn't a Samsung thread but out of love for AMOLED screens allow me do this here..

If you've held a Samsung S7 and tilted it side to side you'll notice the app icons and wallpaper seem to move a bit even when not touch.. who know what this is called or if it's part of the AMOLED tech.

And this screen burn in is it really a turn off because I know a friend has been using his Galaxy j5 for about 2yrs now with no issues
it's not an amoled thingy,its a 3d wallpaper, any phone with gyroscope/accelerometer can achieve that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaybeee(m): 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
monerozi5590:

Guy how far with the redmi note 8.. The camera dope?
The camera is superb both front and back
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Menance: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
Mckandre:
it's not an amoled thingy,its a 3d wallpaper, any phone with gyroscope/accelerometer can achieve that.

nice a very reasonable response.. even with an IPS screen such can be achieved?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
akashi01:

Vey rare
now u come but that doesn't mean they don't experience it. That thing on that brothers screen is the infamous screenburn, some screenburns fades away in a matter of time and some do not. he could learn to manage it like that by adjusting the color scheme or changing wallpaper to help conceal it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sam2310(m): 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
Off Topic Question.

I was born in Gusau LG under Sokoto State before 1996.
1996, Gusau becomes the Capital of Zamfara State.

Which one should one's put on the birth certificate?
Sokoto or Zamfara

cc olayinkajnr
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
Menance:

nice a very reasonable response.. even with an IPS screen such can be achieved?
yep
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
Sam2310:
Off Topic Question.

I was born in Gusau LG under Sokoto State before 1996.
1996, Gusau becomes the Capital of Zamfara State.

Which one should one's put on the birth certificate?
Sokoto or Zamfara

cc olayinkajnr

Zamfara, because you'll be asked LGA (and Gusau is no longer in Sokoto).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6733) (6734) (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.