Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9496650 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6769) (6770) (6771) (6772) (6773) (6774) (6775) ... (9333) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OVA200(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2020
olayinkajnr:

You must use system. Let's see the about section first.
Okay i will upload it when i get home, thank u.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2020
OVA200:
See as you just jump to conclusion without any verification or confirmation, oga i ordered for global rom but its the sellers mistake to sent the wrong rom which he has apologise for when i told him and i dont see any reason to open dispute again.

You didn't state which version you ordered for.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilshevy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
HELLO EVERYONE, PLS I WANT TO GET A TEMPERED GLASS FOR MY RN8. SO, PLS IS 11D TEMPERED GLASS THE BEST OR ARE THERE A BETTER TEMPERED GLASS? UR RECOMMENDATIONS ARE WELCOME

2. DOES GLOBAL ROM MEAN THE SAME THING AS GLOBAL VERSION?

THANKS
^5PC^
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OVA200(m): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2020
genius43:

Chinese ROM is not that bad. My Dad currently uses RN7 with a Chinese ROM. The only downside is sync and lack of some LTE BANDS
coming from global rom I just dont like the chinese language in some area of the phone; that have make me stick with my note 5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
micxwell:

I'v always tried to avoid quoting you; Bro, Do take a break from this thread pls..... You come across to many here as a troublemaker. It's only natural to stay away from people you know aren't ready to listen to you, dunno why you're different....... Just chill. They don't wanna heed to your advice, then stop advising. The last time I checked, people worked hard for their money here and any choice they make as regards their devices isn't anybody's business....

To all intending Xiaomites, even if you get recommendations on here about Xiaomi gadgets, it is entirely your decision to accept or throw it out. No one can guarantee that the device you'll get won't be defective or would serve you without any fault at all.

The fact that the Redmi Note 8 I posted this with doesn't have battery issues or any known problem for now doesn't mean someone else's Note 8 won't experience any problem at all.

My phone may fall from a storey without suffering any damage, someone else's screen and back glass may break after falling off a table. It depends.

Ask for advice, get recommendations from people but buying a Xiaomi device is entirely your decision please. Don't come here and start whining about how bad your device turnout to be.

#No be Only Xiaomi dey market abeg....

Game, set, and match. This right here is the holy grail. Buying a phone is a personal commitment, there is no guarantee (implied or otherwise) that your experience will be similar to that of other users, be guided.
To those wonderful people who render genuine selfless service on this thread, offering timely advice, and proffering solutions, despite the unwarranted taunts and insults; you will all find help in your time of need, both online and offline.

22 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
micxwell:

I'v always tried to avoid quoting you; Bro, Do take a break from this thread pls..... You come across to many here as a troublemaker. It's only natural to stay away from people you know aren't ready to listen to you, dunno why you're different....... Just chill. They don't wanna heed to your advice, then stop advising. The last time I checked, people worked hard for their money here and any choice they make as regards their devices isn't anybody's business....

To all intending Xiaomites, even if you get recommendations on here about Xiaomi gadgets, it is entirely your decision to accept or throw it out. No one can guarantee that the device you'll get won't be defective or would serve you without any fault at all.

The fact that the Redmi Note 8 I posted this with doesn't have battery issues or any known problem for now doesn't mean someone else's Note 8 won't experience any problem at all.

My phone may fall from a storey without suffering any damage, someone else's screen and back glass may break after falling off a table. It depends.

Ask for advice, get recommendations from people but buying a Xiaomi device is entirely your decision please. Don't come here and start whining about how bad your device turnout to be.

I pray it would listen

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OVA200(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
genius43:

You didn't state which version you ordered for.
So why the unverified conclusion, Someone have already asked and i've told him. It would have been better if you ask first before the conclusion.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
OVA200:
So why the unverified conclusion, Someone have already asked and i've told him. It would have been better if you ask first before the conclusion.

My bad. But Incase of next time I would advise you stick to Global Versions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hermionegranger(f): 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2020
I think we should all report that senseless Samsung Troll for breaking Rule 8 of the Nairaland rules. He's always trying to mislead people especially new or potential users in all his posts.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
naijasensei:

Game, set, and match. This right here is the holy grail. Buying a phone is a personal commitment, there is no guarantee (implied or otherwise) that your experience will be similar to that of other users, be guided.
To those wonderful people who render genuine selfless service on this thread, offering timely advice, and proffering solutions, despite the unwarranted taunts and insults; you will all find help in your time of need, both online and offline.

Hail, hail brother u've said it all

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
micxwell:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Gracias

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2020
kekilika:

What is “noise” in photos?

In digital photographs, “noise” is the commonly-used term to describe visual distortion. It looks similar to grain found in film photographs, but can also look like splotches of discoloration when it’s really bad, and can ruin a photograph. Noise tends to get worse when you’re shooting in low light.
From a technical point of view, noise is the visual manifestation of a lower signal-to-noise ratio, which is measured in decibels. While the amount of noise that you may consider acceptable may be different from what the next guy might accept, but most professional photographers want to see photos with at least a 30dB signal-to-noise ratio.
-copied.

In digital image processing, you can apply band filters to remove these distortions.
Wow thanks bro. I've learnt something new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2020
Mekanus:
I really don't believe this non scratching thing they say about gorilla glass because I'm already seeing some scratches (level 6 deeper grooves, if you know.) on my Redmi note 8 and I don't like using tempered glass.
Same here on my note 8. I really hate tempered glass and case. Just hope the scratches will note spoil the beauty of the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
lilshevy:
HELLO EVERYONE, PLS I WANT TO GET A TEMPERED GLASS FOR MY RN8. SO, PLS IS 11D TEMPERED GLASS THE BEST OR ARE THERE A BETTER TEMPERED GLASS? UR RECOMMENDATIONS ARE WELCOME

THANKS
^5PC^
i have what you need.. A full screen tempered glass for rn8 that has all the imaginary Ds u can think of

To reach me faster on whatsapp CLICK HERE

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OVA200(m): 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
genius43:

My bad. But Incase of next time I would advise you stick to Global Versions
okay, thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
lilshevy:

THANKS
^5PC^
Global version and global rom are not same. Kindly look up jboixxx compilation list for more clarification
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
icetrimz:

Ogbeni, Why u dey mention my name upandan??

Now listen...

1st. its totally unreasonable a person driving a Nissan cube giving advice to someone having a G-wagon on how to handle his vehicle

‌2nd. if i have to 'talk', i promise i will. I have confidence your ITEL p26 pro will have bigger issues than my Redmi.

‌3rd. Governor Ihediora of IMO state (former) using a baby Nokia phone is passable cause we all know who is he and what he's worth .... So who You be bros??
Again... Who are you

If wan use small phone go buy the new Nokia 3310, if you wan use smartphone, Samsung note11plus is there. See as u shamelessly dey defend A10 !
If you no get money, and u no fit hide your face, then your shut your mouth !

‌we fit believe say u gather money buy your ITEL p26 pro, sorry samsung A10... But...
‌IF there's any Nokia 3.2 then it was either giving to you by someone, or you probably stole it .

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2020
Mrviktor:

Wow
I understand nothing here.
Noise blike those dots you get on tvs without signal grin. You normally notice noise when you zoom in your pictureThe higher the ISO the brighter the picture but the higher the noise.
You must learn photography angry.
In photography you can get a well exposed (bright enough) picture by playing with 3 parameters - ISO, Aperture (or f number), and shutter speed.
The higher the ISO, the brighter the picture
The lower the ' f number', the brighter the picture
The lower the shutter speed, the brighter the picture.
To get a good picture you need to set these parameters properly.
Let's summarize these parameters with their cons :
The higher the ISO, the brighter the picture but the higher the noise.

The lower the f number or aperture, the brighter the picture, but the softer the corners of the picture. This is bad for group pictures if set too low. (An aperture of F1. 8 is brighter than F2.8, it will give you excellent portrait shots of a single individual but will blur out people's face at the ends of a group picture).

The lower the shutter speed, the brighter the picture but the higher the chance of getting a picture with motion blur (you know the blurry look of the picture you get when trying to snap a dancing newly wedded couple in a poor lit hall). You also get to face blurry pictures from a little sometimes invisible shaking of your hands. You can snap someone who poses for you with a shutter speed of say 1/80s so as to get a bright enough picture, but if you use same speed to snap a man who is walking, you'll get a blurry image. You'll need to increase the shutter speed to say 1/200s to get a picture of that man without blur.

Lastly, you cannot adjust the aperture of mobile phone cameras, Samsung tried but it's just two adjustments.
The pics below explain noise.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Shut up mr man. You don't insult people who are willing to help you.

So if you explained this, you'd have turned to a goat?

angry

Why will you tell him to shut up. He has the right to post anything that he feels convenient with as far as it doesn't go against the rules of Nairaland. And you are correcting him for something that you are guilty of. What is your point exactly?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
naijasensei:

This is why some people don't get the assistance they need. Will they die if they are polite, will it reduce their net worth, is it painful to be civil? You asked a simple, logical question, but instead of answering, that person had to start dropping insults. What a world!
Please, no one here is getting paid to sort out your problems on this thread. If you know you cannot engage in civil, and polite conversation, kindly find your way to Xiaomi's official channels.
and you think the guy has any xiaomi phone talk more of having any issues with it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
omoadeleye:

No be another phone he dey take ask for help?
Why you no dey reason before posting?
i worry oo

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hermionegranger:
I think we should all report that senseless Samsung Troll for breaking Rule 8 of the Nairaland rules. He's always trying to mislead people especially new or potential users in all his posts.

Why dont you try, as someone who knows the law and as a truth loving individual. I'm begging you to try , since I dont insults and go against any rules. Rule number 8 is Vague because all what I said and say Is backed up by quotes from users. And only today alone about 5 complaints on a Sunday grin. And all the users I quote are verifiable in every post I make. So why dont you try
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
chemicool:
These dumb people really think I am lying. Lol, don't worry, keep your help, I will get in touch with Xiaomi official channel tomorrow. Thank you very much.
Everything you want in Nigeria, you must prove it to people how serious you are. In the post office they will ask for something after over charging you on your orders.
On the road, the police will ask for bribe even if your papers are complete.
If you buy land, different people will come and ask for percentages after paying the landlord.
In nairaland, they won't share their opinion until you show them the proof. E no be like this for nairaland before o.
you got it all wrong with your approach ,she only requested for a pix so as to know exactly the problem and know the kind of solution that will be proffered since no one has heard such issue before but instead you sounded sarcastic

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by botng(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2020
genius43:

Are you a scammer of some sorts?

You have gone to other threads asking people to chat you up to join Infinix group now it is Xiaomi.

People should beware of some monikers out here

Ask your self:
Does he really have Infinix & Xiaomi groups in existence to add people ?
If he doesn't, then you may be sounding right.

So you coming out in public to call people scam without proofs shows how mature you are, i won't insult you at all. HAPPY SUNDAY!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DlawTECHY(m): 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2020
Dam5reey:
Na wa oo

So there is no one using Mi A3 that supports Band 28?

Na only Bashing una dey reply to
. cry
I use it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
KngGezy:

Why will you tell him to shut up. He has the right to post anything that he feels convenient with as far as it doesn't go against the rules of Nairaland. And you are correcting him for something that you are guilty of. What is your point exactly?
Common sense is very far from you. It's quite unfortunate, and you need all the help you can get before it's too late

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Common sense is very far from you. It's quite unfortunate, and you need all the help you can get before it's too late

And you were correcting him. Yet you are not even civilised enough to engage someone in a simple argument. I wonder how you will be when you are angry. Obviously you will have fared far worse if you were in his shoes today.

Please save your false gospel for those that are not strong willed. I can see beyond that cover
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
KngGezy:

And you were correcting him. Yet you are not even civilised enough to engage someone in a simple argument. I wonder how you will be when you are angry. Obviously you will have fared far worse if you were in his shoes today.

Please save your false gospel for those that are not strong willed. I can see beyond that cover

Like I said earlier,
Common sense is very far from you...

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Like I said earlier,

Like I also said earlier

You are not civilised
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 11:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
Na wa for this thread sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kudunku: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Glass is glass, and glass breaks scratches

Wrong, i had a Lumia 520 that was scratch resistant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
KngGezy:

Like I also said earlier

You were craving for attention and you've got mine. Come dm let's discuss your matter once and for all.
Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6769) (6770) (6771) (6772) (6773) (6774) (6775) ... (9333) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.