Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251340 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6833) (6834) (6835) (6836) (6837) (6838) (6839) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 7:25am On Feb 10, 2020
its funny when we wanna force our individual opinions on others. Xiaomi being a thrash or not shouldn't be our individual headache. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy any device. I see no reason why we should be revolving around the same circle for like 10pages.

Anybody that can find his/her way to NL can definitely do some google search for what he/she wanted.

Lei Jun and co are there making millions of dollars, you are here insulting others.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2020
Olamyyde:

Lol...what I read? I'm a person who's obsessed with picture, audio and video quality.

I have a laptop and phone with a 720p screen resolution and i know what higher resolution videos look like compared to 1080p screens.

Just because your amoled screen makes colours deeper or brighter doesn't stop your native resolution from being 720p. You play pubg and other games at 720p, you watch videos at a max quality of 720p. 720p can never be compared to 1080p. Using a phone with a 720p display in 2020 is a poor experience, amoled or not.

I've mentioned the only pros of the mi a3 over rn8 which are ufs 2.1 and better front camera.

The main camera is better though , especially in low light
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Tiger2020:
You guys get time oo to be replying people who don't even know that A71 they were recommending for someone uses SD not exynos,
People who argues the potency of mi note 10 and was comparing it to less specs overpriced and failed A80 that never hit the market,
People who claim a10 is better than mi 10,
People who don't know the difference between redmi note(budget) and mi note(midrange)
People who don't know what is called value for money,
Ain't we ashamed replying the low lives whose life starts with xiaomi thread and ends with it
In addition, people or someone who cannot differentiate between a folder and a duplicate folder even though it saw (1) is discussing phone specs here, clowns they all are..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:51am On Feb 10, 2020
DlawTECHY:
When one troll is replying the other troll is silent.

Have you noticed that they are not always online at the same time. One has to go offline so the other can come online.
Same attention hungry itel p20 pro using clown with different monikers...

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:55am On Feb 10, 2020
atheistandproud:

And he has been forming busy for me cry cry cry

Hi, sorry, not intentional. Na condition make crayfish dey bend. Pls drop me a whatsapp message. I will respond ASAP.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Innunique: 7:58am On Feb 10, 2020
hello house,
checkout this device in comparison to MI A3
The Meizu 16xs.
https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9724&idPhone2=9769

and this too:
https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone2=9555&idPhone1=9521

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2020
The scamsung thread is as dry as a desert but it find joy coming here to troll, helping to grow this thread in the process. Mr troll should keep it up....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 8:21am On Feb 10, 2020
Crixxx:

You see that's the issue with you guys. You all are so insecure and gullible.. I'll say it over and over again.

I will expect bad mouthing from ever corner.. Everyone have their different opinion. what makes you wax stronger and stand firm is your ability to stand criticism.. There's no need to get emotional.. The thing here is that there are few emotional xiaomi marketers here with numerous multiple alternates so their characteristics can never be hidden.. Shaomites are always at defense to cover the flaw filled brand... You all should stop bleeding when a post is made against xiaomi grin
In case you are new to Nairaland,this thread has been in existence and more than FOUR THOUSAND PAGES before Xiaomi ever thought of coming to Nigeria last year..

You see,your opinions and condemnations are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things..

Better product no need any Multiple Marketers to sale..

My first Xiaomi device was way back in 2015,the Redmi Note 2..

Before this thread ever came into existence..

It wasn't the best of experiences and I swore off Xiaomi..

Four years later and I decided to give them a chance and have been more than wowed with my Xiaomi Mi Max 3..

Since then I have lost count of the number of people that have gotten introduced to Xiaomi because of me and they have all without fail got nothing but praise for their devices..

So,

Unlike some people that pay Marketers to praise their devices on Nairaland,Xiaomi has been doing fine on this thread years before they venture into Nigeria..

And the very fact that you and others eat and sleep on the Xiaomi Thread instead of your cherished brand threads,underscores the truth that the Gospel of Xiaomi is marching on..

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger..

Xiaomi ain't going anywhere,the earlier some of you accept that fact the better..

The only reason HUMBLESMITH and his ILK attack Xiaomi is that he recognizes the strength and alure of the brand..

Or else why is he not eating and BLEATING on the Umdigi,Oppo and Huawei threads..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 8:35am On Feb 10, 2020
genius43:

I believe there are links on the compilation thread. You are not new here.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/PMGC_7.0.009_HDR_Version_V13.apk

Configs for RN7:
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/552c9354

Note use Astro XML For Astrophotography alone.
My GM1 works well for every other mode
To apply configs

Create a folder on the root of your internal storage called GoogleCamera then create another folder in this folder called ConfigsCamera. Paste the XML FILE (s)
Then follow other steps on application of the pasted XML on the camera app from the link below

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/

Jboixxx please apply updates where necessary.

Please help can't load the settings
Have done everything listed
What I notice is the Gcam does nt have black area I Wil. Click on.... Have double click around the camera shuttle it nt bring up the settings

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ImFortress(m): 8:40am On Feb 10, 2020
genius43:

108Mp camera is another reason other than Processor. You are still learning.

Point of Correction the Screen of the Mi Note 10 was not made by Samsung.

It was made by Visionox. The company that made the wrap around Amoled display of the Mi Mix Alpha

Even if it is 160k outside Nigeria market at 155k the Mi Note 10 is still cheaper.

I dont know what MP actually works on a camera, but I think ya'll are just so focused on numbers than actual performance.
I'm a die hard samsung fan boy, the 32MP on Samsung A70 is just so whack that even an S8 is better.
Now, I'm not saying A80 is whack or Your Note 10 is better, all I'm saying ya'll should have practical proof before coming to state numbers.
If you haven't used both phones, I suggest ya'll keep your opinions to yourself.

Stop comparing numbers, I find that really ignorant

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2020
If you've got a neatly used xiaomi phone within a of budget 40k, hit me up ASAP on 08144892934

N.B - I'm in Ibadan
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:15am On Feb 10, 2020
Joshkid:
If you've got a neatly used xiaomi phone within a of budget 40k, hit me up ASAP on 08144892934

N.B - I'm in Ibadan

kingpeter404
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shakaz(m): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2020
genius43:

Contact RepairpalNg na.
Thank you so much for this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2020
Crixxx:

You are one of the reasons why most people see shaomites as dumb nits. ..Now you have failed to get facts because you fellow shaomite made a lame post filled with lies and you clinched on it... This is how you all fool yourselves by lying to each other.. . Now read carefully and if you still can't comprehend come back to me for detailed explicit explanation... Stop misleading your brothers...

Further below is one of your brothers after he was disgraced with his lying tongue
lol, a little clap-back and this one is still hyperventilating a day later? E pain you reach like that? What happened to 'all for fun'? I was going to keep ignoring you, but not when you are shedding tears like this.

Humour me, which part was a lie? That your phone switched off on you or that you saw your files and were clueless?

File operations (like copy, cut, paste) are basic level stuff. You actually expected to move a FILE to a folder and it would merge with an existing (albeit corrupt) file simply because they share the same name? Didn't you get confused when you saw duplicate files instead (files don't merge simply by pasting because they are not folders, they either replace the former or get saved as duplicate)? Where is the lie?

After all your ranting, the points still stand:
1) you are clueless about even basic stuff (like file operations), but you like to think yourself a tech guru that gets to judge the 4th largest phone OEM in the world.
2) you own a crap phone (not Xiaomi, evidently) that switches off without warning like a tv, but you'd rather blame Xiaomi for your misfortune.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2020
Bahddo:
lol, a little clap-back and this one is still hyperventilating a day later? E pain you reach like that? What happened to 'all for fun'? I was going to keep ignoring you, but not when you are shedding tears like this.

Humour me, which part was a lie? That your phone switched off on you or that you saw your files and were clueless?

File operations (like copy, cut, paste) are basic level stuff. You actually expected to move a FILE to a folder and it would merge with an existing (albeit corrupt) file simply because they share the same name? Didn't you get confused when you saw duplicate files instead (files don't merge simply by pasting because they are not folders, they either replace the former or get saved as duplicate)? Where is the lie?

After all your ranting, the points still stand:
1) you are clueless about even basic stuff (like file operations), but you like to think yourself a tech guru that gets to judge the 4th largest phone OEM in the world.
2) you own a crap phone (not Xiaomi, evidently) that switches off without warning like a tv, but you'd rather blame Xiaomi for your misfortune.
Sweet gist, abeg loud am make it hear...

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2020
Crixxx:

Epistles...Like vivo like xiaomi.. .. It existed for years and so? There's no difference between then and now only that they've upgraded their cloning skills..

You can only pray for the brand to grow and be well accepted else it's keeps being a mediocre brand for mediocres .. chinese manufacturer
Being the FOURTH LARGEST SMARTPHONE MARKETER in the world is no mean feat..

The VIVO you alluded to,together with their sisters Oppo and Oneplus are a force to be reckoned with in the world of Smartphones..

The brand is already GROWN grin

Where have you been? shocked

Na by the time dey overthrow Samsung you'll accept they have grown..

Time has gone when anyone can slap mediocre specs on a phone and charge a hand and a leg for it,just because of their brand..

Nowadays,people are demanding VALUE for their money..

Even Samsung has learnt that lesson..

A fact the likes of HTC,LG,Motorola,Sony have come to realize to their detriment..

And that is why the Chinese MANUFACTURERS are taking over,HUAWEI,OPPO,XIAOMI,ONEPLUS,VIVO are all smiling to the bank..

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ulrich01(m): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2020
DarkJeddi:

No be lie

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2020
XIAOMI is gaining ground and taking some slice of the European smartphone market, one lonely troll dey write wetin no make sense here. Keep on hating while the Company keeps growing. Even Transsion wey start bizness before XIAOMI no even dey list. Clown(s)

XIAOMI's growth is staggering
Xiaomi grew the most in the last year. The company sold 4.3 million devices in Q2 2019, compared to "only" 2.9 million it managed to ship in Q2 2018. Xiaomi occupies 9.6-percent of the market in Europe, and managed to grow a staggering 48-percent in the last year.

Smartphone sales in Europe did not grow at all
According to Canalys, all smartphone manufacturers in Europe shipped out 45.1 million smartphones in the second quarter of this year, which is approximately the same number as last year (45.2-percent).
Canalys says that "XIAOMI is now a major force in Europe". The company has been opening its official stores across Europe for quite some time now, and managed to make a name for itself. XIAOMI always does its best to offer really affordable smartphones to its consumers, while keeping their quality up. It seems like consumers in Europe realized that, which reflects on Xiaomi's sales.

https://www. androidheadlines.com/2019/08/xiaomi-grew-48-percent-yoy-in-europe-canalys.html

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:32am On Feb 10, 2020
ImFortress:

I dont know what MP actually works on a camera, but I think ya'll are just so focused on numbers than actual performance.
I'm a die hard samsung fan boy, the 32MP on Samsung A70 is just so whack that even an S8 is better.
Now, I'm not saying A80 is whack or Your Note 10 is better, all I'm saying ya'll should have practical proof before coming to state numbers.
If you haven't used both phones, I suggest ya'll keep your opinions to yourself.

Stop comparing numbers, I find that really ignorant

He said "108Mp camera is another reason other than Processor." Meaning that it's not just about MP, but processor of the phone actually plays a role.

And you just quoted him saying he focused on number than actual performance.

Read your last statement and see who it applies to now

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:33am On Feb 10, 2020
Ulrich01:

No be lie

Unnecessary

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:33am On Feb 10, 2020
TrebleChamp:
XIAOMI is gaining ground and taking some slice of the European smartphone market, one lonely troll dey write wetin no make sense here. Keep on hating while the Company keeps growing. Even Transsion wey start bizness before XIAOMI no even dey list. Clown(s)

Xiaomi grew the most in the last year. The company sold 4.3 million devices in Q2 2019, compared to "only" 2.9 million it managed to ship in Q2 2018. Xiaomi occupies 9.6-percent of the market in Europe, and managed to grow a staggering 48-percent in the last year.

According to Canalys, all smartphone manufacturers in Europe shipped out 45.1 million smartphones in the second quarter of this year, which is approximately the same number as last year (45.2-percent).
Canalys says that "XIAOMI is now a major force in Europe". The company has been opening its official stores across Europe for quite some time now, and managed to make a name for itself. XIAOMI always does its best to offer really affordable smartphones to its consumers, while keeping their quality up. It seems like consumers in Europe realized that, which reflects on Xiaomi's sales.

https://www. androidheadlines.com/2019/08/xiaomi-grew-48-percent-yoy-in-europe-canalys.html

Unnecessary

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:34am On Feb 10, 2020
DarkJeddi:

The VIVO you alluded to,together with there sisters Oppo and Oneplus are a force to be reckoned with in the world of Smartphones..

The brand is already GROWN grin

Where have you been? shocked

Na by the time dey overthrow Samsung you'll accept they have grown..

Time has gone when anyone can slap mediocre specs on a phone and charge a hand and a leg for it,just because of their brand..

Nowadays,people are demanding VALUE for their money..

Even Samsung has learnt that lesson..

A fact the likes of HTC,LG,Motorola,Sony have come to realize to their detriment..

And that is why the Chinese MANUFACTURERS are taking over,HUAWEI,OPPO,XIAOMI,ONEPLUS,VIVO are all smiling to the bank..

Unnecessary. E get something wey person dey big pass.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:35am On Feb 10, 2020
Joshkid:
If you

No ads in phone section. Use the appropriate section
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2020
GrandMufti:

Unnecessary
noted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ImFortress(m): 10:45am On Feb 10, 2020
GrandMufti:

He said "108Mp camera is another reason other than Processor." Meaning that it's not just about MP, but processor of the phone actually plays a role.

And you just quoted him saying he focused on number than actual performance.

Read your last statement and see who it applies to now

I said "Ya'll", means "You all".
And i have no business with ya'lls argument on which is better. My own is that, forget numbers and work with actual performance.
I was referring to camera only, but now you've said it; even the processor and everything needs to be tested before comparing.
So how does "It" apply to me. What's the 'it's you're talking about?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:45am On Feb 10, 2020
GrandMufti:

Unnecessary
noted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kudunku: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2020
TrebleChamp:

Wonderful, all these led to the development of your village community
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:49am On Feb 10, 2020
BoboKush:

Please help can't load the settings
Have done everything listed
What I notice is the Gcam does nt have black area I Wil. Click on.... Have double click around the camera shuttle it nt bring up the settings

Change your GCam aspect ratio to 4:3. It is currently on 16:9

Secondly you are supposed to Extract that folder and not copy the zip file there. GCam can't read a zip file na

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (6833) (6834) (6835) (6836) (6837) (6838) (6839) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.