Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,330 members, 7,839,579 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9371067 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6864) (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) (6869) (6870) ... (9325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veramani31: 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
Me saving for my Mi 10 Pro and starting at you haters from my rear view

cool cool

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
ajericho:

redmi note 8

Ok. So have you recently updated the phone? Installed any interesting apps?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
EpicNigerian:

Sentiments asides, the day Xiaomi stop giving me value for money, that's the day I'm switching ship.

Having said that, who can name any Samsung, Oneplus, Huawei and iPhone, in the same price range with any Xiaomi/Redmi phone that offers more value for money.

That's exactly why xiaomi is not in their league
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
naijasensei:

Now I understand why you take no prisoners when dealing with unscrupulous marketers. I will always respect the Xiaomi brand.
I am making them pay for misinforming the public, like lying to me about affordability and calcare bullshit
Helio p23 for over 80k when infinix note 5 launched
I spit on infinix and tecno

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Forget the whatever you think it is..

In smartphone world.

Huawei
Samsung
IPhone

Then others... Don't argue blindly jare
So?

Does that mean LG,MOTOROLA,NOKIA,SONY and HTC are making TRASH according to your view?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
DarkJeddi:
So?

Does that mean LG,MOTOROLA,NOKIA,SONY and HTC are making TRASH according to your view?

Discuss is about xiaomi..

Not in those league i mentioned.

EOD
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
One thing people keep forgetting is that Xiaomi (along with other phone manufacturers) have a Unique Selling Proposition (USP). That is why Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, and Huawei decided to create sub brands in order to allow them focus better on their USP. One of Xiaomi's plans for the Mi 10 pro is to attract sales from otherwise undecided phone buyers who are not ready to make the financial commitment required to grab Samsung's latest flagship but want flagship grade specs.
A good example of a phone people seriously misunderstood is the Realme C3. The Realme C3 is meant to be a capable budget gaming phone. Once people get that, all will be well.
In summary, know your phone's purpose.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sweetveek(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
pls o why is rn8 camera very dark when taking photos especially the gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Discuss is about xiaomi..

Not in those league i mentioned.

EOD
You can't twist the facts to suit your agenda..

If the only worthy brands are the ones you mentioned..

Then all others are TRASH,according to your reasoning..

EOD.. grin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
drjprince:
I am making them pay for misinforming the public, like lying to me about affordability and calcare bullshit

Ah, the good (or is it bad) old affordability lie, coupled with the illusion of having high quality after sales service. Till today I cannot understand how buying an SD636 phone for 120k is a good decision, also how can someone refer to a Helio P22 phone retailing for 75k as a budget phone? As I always say, people shouldn't listen blindly to anyone; always perform your own due diligence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
You na all go de okay laslas. Abi today is weekend?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
DarkJeddi:
You can't twist the facts to suit your agenda..

If the only worthy brands are the ones you mentioned..

Then all others are TRASH,according to your reasoning..

EOD.. grin

The moment they disregarded DXOmark ratings and mistook MI Note 10 for MI 10, I concluded that they were trolls who weren't worth my mention. When it's Xiaomi, "paper specs don't translate to real life experience". When it is Samsung, "DXOmark rating, it's the best, did Xiaomi make it there? Yen yen yen".

Hypocrisy stinks.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

That's exactly why xiaomi is not in their league
The USP of Xiaomi is the value for money propositions of their phones..

It doesn't mean that they make any less worthy a device..

Just that they cater to specific subset of Customers and by the look of it,they have made a success of it..

In business,to be successful..

You have to learn to play to your strengths..

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
sweetveek:
pls o why is rn8 camera very dark when taking photos especially the gcam
Go to settings and increase the exposure compensation. Test and increase/decrease until you get your desired results.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mckandre:
ecosystem? U go dey buy their London used product tire cos relatively all their brand new accessory prices are overhyped than their similar counterparts. Now ask ya sef, is buying used products sure pass? cheesy

Uk used iPhone X go serve me well na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sweetveek(m): 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
maclawrence02:

Go to settings and increase the exposure compensation. Test and increase/decrease until you get your desired results.
no changes atall..can i see the one u set urz to pls if its rn8 u r using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2020
sweetveek:
no changes atall..can i see the one u set urz to pls
I was referring to GCAM

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sweetveek(m): 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
maclawrence02:

I was referring to GCAM
its the same thing am using but my camera always darken pictures.. haven't u noticed it too??or is it not the gcam settings on nairaland u are using??and which if the gcam settings are u using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Explicitly(m): 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
atheistandproud:

No fancy procedure.

It comes with a USB cord for power.

Plug the modem into the HDMI port of the TV (HDMI 1) for example and then plug the attached USB (that came with the Anycast) into the modem and the other end into a USB slot on the TV or any other appropriate power source.

2). Switch your TV to that channel.

3). Use the cast function on your phone to search for the Anycast WiFi signal.

4). As soon as it connects, you're good to go

What if am connected to a wifi on my phone already using it to browse can I still connect with the cast Wi-Fi and still browse same time?
Or I have
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Explicitly:

What if am connected to a wifi on my phone already using it to browse can I still connect with the cast Wi-Fi and still browse same time?
Or I have

Yes you can. But it may lag a bit. Depends on the phone you're using sha. Mine heats up and lags slightly but still works.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
after the argument , make una no forget feb20 ohhh. in case you no know wetin dey sup... www.nairaland.com/5692205/ grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
sweetveek:
its the same thing am using but my camera always darken pictures.. haven't u noticed it too??or is it not the gcam settings on nairaland u are using??and which if the gcam settings are u using
My device is redmi note 7. Just go to settings and look for exposure settings and do as I told you earlier.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
What a day.

This thread like the tales of Wilson Thabo "One Week One Trouble"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ameezy(m): 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
Update again sad

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
I see Kng.gezy is back as Neo.Wan.Zaeed, the profile pics taken with a Xiaomi phone gave him away. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by siegfried99(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
drjprince:

Nigerians have suffered grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by biokuabdullahi(m): 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2020
drjprince:
while umidigi a5 pro with same p23 sells for 37k oh i forgot with 4gb ram, if it were to be infinix and tecno it will be sold for 50k upwards. They are the real definition of scam

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
ityP:

You make it seem like na xiaomi i dey use. I have never owned a xiaomi phone and may never do. So it's not sentiments for me. It's just facts. Putting all factors into consideration, Mi 10 pro is a better phone than the Samsung S20 ultra.
In what way?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ajericho(m): 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
naijasensei:

Ok. So have you recently updated the phone? Installed any interesting apps?
j

Nah haven't done any update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mizik:

In what way?
In the first place there shouldn't be any comparison at all...
Tbh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
genius43:
What a day.

This thread like the tales of Wilson Thabo "One Week One Trouble"
AKA..

Willie In Trouble.. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
DarkJeddi:
AKA..

Willie In Trouble.. grin

Your head dey there

(1) (2) (3) ... (6864) (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) (6869) (6870) ... (9325) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuksvoice and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.