Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9168636 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Let me help you test it na wink
Thunder fire u there grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
SolarKing1:
I said the most affordable one possible. Between 40k and 120k. So, I need the most affordable Xiaomi with Triple Camera, 2 sim cards slots, and separate memory Card slot. Give me 2 options: the most affordable which would be the cheapest, and the most sophisticated which should not be more than 120k. The 2 must have those functionalities I listed earlier. Thanks.

Dedicated SD CARD Slot in this times is not an important feature of sophisticated phones.

If you remove that and you have 120k to spare go for the 6/128Gb Mi 9T
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zlaitan(f): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
I have mixed feelings about the camera of the phone. The pictures are super duper clear but colours are not accurate per se and that is a let down for me for a phone with such high mp and relatively high price tag. I read a lot of reviews before getting this phone and it did great on those reviews especially in the camera - tagged as one of the best and going head to head in this area with phones such as huawei and iphone.
But for me despite the details the colours are not popping enough or as it should be.
Mrviktor:

How's the camera of dis phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zlaitan(f): 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Yes oo. Gptech my one and only friend. U know u made me fall in love with xiaomi. Taught me all the tips and tricks I needed to get the best out of my phone. And I'm now stucked. Thank u. Wished the upgrade could even be mi 10 series not the note10 as I'm sure it will be a beast with that chipset. And I missed ya bro.
Gptech:

Dem don codedly upgrade ooo, Shuuu shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Zlaitan:
I have mixed feelings about the camera of the phones. The pictures are super duper clear but colours are not accurate perse and that is a let down for me for phone with such high mp and relatively high price tag. I read a lot of reviews before getting this phone and it did great on those reviews especially in the camera - tagged as one of the best and going head to head in this area with phones such as huawei and iphone.
But for me despite the details the colours are not popping enough or as it should be.

Colour accuracy is a hit or miss atimes with some smartphones. Even Huawei falls guilty of this at times.

It is a software thing and subsequent updates can take care of it. RN5 too used to have such problem but the stock camera have been improved to a large extent as it's lifespan progressed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by directonpc(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
genius43:

Colour accuracy is a hit or miss atimes with some smartphones. Even Huawei falls guilty of this at times.

It is a software thing and subsequent updates can take care of it. RN5 too used to have such problem but the stock camera have been improved to a large extent as it's lifespan progressed.
I still dislike the camera on RN5

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zlaitan(f): 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is good to hear.... I actually read that the chipset of the phone might not be powerful enough to process such high camera. I hope it is something a software update can fix. It would indeed be pleasant. I think asides the colour issue, the phone is fantastic. It's a beauty.
genius43:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
directonpc:
I still dislike the camera on RN5

Redmi Note 5 says hi.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SolarKing1: 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gptech:

Cheapest is the Redmi 8a, around 37k, most sophisticated is the Redmi note 8 128gig version, costs around 68k.
You should note that actual sophisticated phone from Xiaomi don't have a separate slot for SD card together with 2 sim card slots. In fact the most sophisticated don't even have an SD card slot.
Thanks. For now, I will make do with Red Note 8 as you adviced, because it has triple camera. I was hoping to get a Xiaomi with dedicated SD card slot that can handle up yo 512GB or 1TB like some Smasung phones. My job requires being able to move with heavy Data on the go. Xiaomi is good, but don't make them feel there is no need to improve, you Stakeholders should let Xiaomi know that there is a large hungry market they are losing for not improving in this Memory regards. Even if its 200k, I'll gladly buy a Xiaomi with dedicated SD that can handle 1TB. Quote me as soon as they release one, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
SolarKing1:

Thanks. For now, I will make do with Redmi 8 as you adviced. I was hoping to get a Xiaomi with dedicated SD card slot that can handle up yo 512GB or 1TB like some Smasung phones. My job requires being able to move with heavy Data on the go. Xiaomi is good, but don't make them feel there is no need to improve, you Stakeholders should let Xiaomi know that there is a large hungry market they are losing for not improving in this Memory regards. Even if its 200k, I'll gladly buy a Xiaomi with dedicated SD that can handle 1TB. Quote me as soon as they release one, thanks.

Dedicated memory card slot is not an improvement.

iPhones don't use them, who have crucified them.
Huawei top end phones don't make use of them.
Only Samsung does that and now it is not all variants of their Flagships(E.g the Note 10+ only dual SIM Variant had a hybrid card slot).

Incase you don't know, some OEMs don't use Memory cards because their hardly memory cards that can match the speeds of the inbuilt flash memory speeds.

Currently no memory card can match the read and write speeds of UFS 2.1 talk more UFS 3.0/3.1

SO if an external memory slower is added the memory speed of operation will drop.

To read more on difference between inbuilt external storage read below
https://www.gizbot.com/accessories/features/here-s-how-ufs-cards-sd-cards-are-different-from-each-other-050082.html

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veramani31: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
SolarKing1:

Thanks. For now, I will make do with Redmi 8 as you adviced. I was hoping to get a Xiaomi with dedicated SD card slot that can handle up yo 512GB or 1TB like some Smasung phones. My job requires being able to move with heavy Data on the go. Xiaomi is good, but don't make them feel there is no need to improve, you Stakeholders should let Xiaomi know that there is a large hungry market they are losing for not improving in this Memory regards. Even if its 200k, I'll gladly buy a Xiaomi with dedicated SD that can handle 1TB. Quote me as soon as they release one, thanks.

That's why the market is quite wide and you have many options to choose from. Since you know the kind of specification you want and XiaoMi can't seem to cater for it, my brother in sure you dnt have to look too far to get what you want.

Just so you now, after the 3.5mm Jack, I think the memory card slot is the next peripheral that would soon be obsolete as more smart phones are actually doing without it

And you also have the option of using the cloud if you wish so actually the ball is in your court

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cgame: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gptech:

If you mean Dolby Atmos, just like Gcam there are many mods, the best I have experienced is the ZTE Axon 7 port. I have tried other ports on the Xiaomi mi max, Mi max 2, Mi Max 3, Redmi note 5 and Mi 8 lite, none is on par with the ZTE port for the Redmi note 4. Even flagship phones like the Galaxy note 5, Galaxy s8+, the Oneplus 6 and the Oneplus 7 pro can't match it with their default sound output.

Well done o..
Na my phones you dey use for experiment..
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
SolarKing1:

Hehehehe, I don't know of any Xiaomi stakeholder in this thread, even sellers here are not stakeholders. As for Xiaomi, they are not willing to use an SD card for their best devices, because it slows down the devices a bit, maybe they'll change their mind over time but I don't see that happening. For your work, at least you can manage 256gig SD cards or just get an OTG USB flash drive with huge memory or even an SSD, works with phones.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Cgame:

Well done o..
Na my phones you dey use for experiment..
grin
Your eyes go clear grin. Maybe na to compare with one of the IPhone 11 series next.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Zlaitan:
Yes oo. Gptech my one and only friend. U know u made me fall in love with xiaomi. Taught me all the tips and tricks I needed to get the best out of my phone. And I'm now stucked. Thank u. Wished the upgrade could even be mi 10 series not the note10 as I'm sure it will be a beast with that chipset. And I missed ya bro.
UWC jare, u fit still add Mi 10 pro to the list na undecided.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Greenbuoy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
ok boss. Thanks!
jboixxx:
All legit trades are allowed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SolarKing1: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SolarKing1: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
genius43:

Dedicated memory card slot is not an improvement.

iPhones don't use them, who have crucified them.
Huawei top end phones don't make use of them.
Only Samsung does that and now it is not all variants of their Flagships(E.g the Note 10+ only dual SIM Variant had a hybrid card slot).

Incase you don't know, some OEMs don't use Memory cards because their hardly memory cards that can match the speeds of the inbuilt flash memory speeds.

Currently no memory card can match the read and write speeds of UFS 2.1 talk more UFS 3.0/3.1
SO if an external memory slower is added the memory speed of operation will drop.
Mr man, you don't shout down cutomers that are giving feed back about reality, why try to gag or muzzle progress. Is iphone God or God of phones? Motorolla came first, another that focus on Customers' needs would still overtake iPhone. I talk of what WE need, you trying to say WE that need it are not significant. I already said I will make do with Red Note 8 because I'm seeing that Xiaomi seems to be stronger than Samsung. I like that the Note 8 has triple camera.
If you doubt that their is an hungry Market for what I requested the Stakeholders tell Xiaomi Company, check the comments:

One even said MicroSD isn't dead, and that's because so many people around the World finds it indispensable.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/SanDisk-1TB-microSD-card-price_id114035

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-phones-expandable-memory-696913/

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-android-phones-expandable-storage

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
SolarKing1:

Mr man, you don't shout down cutomers that are giving feed back about reality, why try to gag or muzzle progress. Is iphone God or God of phones? Motorolla came first, another that focus on Customers' needs would still overtake iPhone. I talk of what WE need, you trying to say WE that need it are not significant. I already said I will make do with Red Note 8 because I'm seeing that Xiaomi seems to be stronger than Samsung. I like that the Note 8 has triple camera.
If you doubt that their is an hungry Market for what I requested the Stakeholders tell Xiaomi Company, check the comments:

One even said MicroSD isn't dead yet, and that's because so many people around the Worls still needs it in phone

https://www.phonearena.com/news/SanDisk-1TB-microSD-card-price_id114035

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-phones-expandable-memory-696913/

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-android-phones-expandable-storage

Whatever suits you.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Today is OneFortyThree!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SolarKing1: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gptech:

Hehehehe, I don't know of any Xiaomi stakeholder in this thread, even sellers here are not stakeholders. As for Xiaomi, they are not willing to use an SD card for their best devices, because it slows down the devices a bit, maybe they'll change their mind over time but I don't see that happening. For your work, at least you can manage 256gig SD cards or just get an OTG USB flash drive with huge memory or even an SSD, works with phones.
grin Ok. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by johnnyn1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
It’s about to go downnnn guys wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zlaitan(f): 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 pro are basically same phone just the gb is different ( 6/8gb respectively). So there us no need adding it to the 'list' wink
Gptech:

UWC jare, u fit still add Mi 10 pro to the list na undecided.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Zlaitan:
Mi Note 10 and Mi Note 10 pro are basically same phone just the gb is different ( 6/8gb respectively). So there us no need adding it to the 'list' wink

Mi Note 10 pro and Mi 10 pro are different phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
johnnyn1:
It’s about to go downnnn guys wink

undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
atheistandproud:

Mi Note 10 pro and Mi 10 pro are different phones.

Modified. You are absolutely correct.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gptech:

Negodu this shareholder sad

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Zlaitan:

Mi 10 Pro is different from the Mi Note 10/Mi Note 10 Pro.

Also apart from the Memory size there is another difference that people didn't quite pay attention to.

Note 10 has 7p lens while lens Note 10 Pro has 8p Lens which gives it some advantages in still photography

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by directonpc(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
genius43:

Redmi Note 5 says hi.
low light photos suck.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
directonpc:
low light photos suck.

Not as bad as before.

This was taking in low-light without flash using HHT

Full Resolution

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
micxwell:

If I give you blow. Outdated abi. Oya come make we exchange na with my Huawei Y6pro (correctly utdated) cry undecided
mi 8 lite vs y6 pro make i run enter Google if e go worth am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gptech:

Outdated faya! Phone that already has Andriod 10 since last year grin. If you care just unlock bootloader and flash Xiaomi.eu rom.
how can i get the gcam....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.