Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,977 members, 7,866,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9501891 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7044) (7045) (7046) (7047) (7048) (7049) (7050) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
festwiz:
For the S20 Ultra, 100x "Space Zoom" is good at 30x or 50x, not so much at 100x (not a deal breaker for me though). For Video recording, it has a focus problem. Doesn't focus on the subject you want and easily goes out of focus if you move a little bit.

The 2nd problem should've been fixed in the last update. Not sure.
Samsung has issued tons of update to fix this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
festwiz:
For the S20 Ultra, 100x "Space Zoom" is good at 30x or 50x, not so much at 100x (not a deal breaker for me though). For Video recording, it has a focus problem. Doesn't focus on the subject you want and easily goes out of focus if you move a little bit.

The 2nd problem should've been fixed in the last update. Not sure.

I'm sure they would have fixed it. $1500 no be small money. The comment below cracked me up badly. I'm sure the guy is a troll.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
Buzx:

I was seriously wondering what could caused these issues. But 9x1 is supposed to be an improvement. I'm sure S20 Ultra would take better pictures in better lights with this thieir implementation. The major problem with the S20 Ultra camera is Auto focus which makes it take blurred images and blurred videos which an update can fix. I never knew they used 9x1 pixel binning. Isn't the 9x1 pixel binning suppose to lead to better pictures regard of the output size.

Not really. The 27MP images will have better details than the 12MP outputs. So cropping out one will be better than the other.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2020
sirjakez:
Between miui v11.0.6.0 Vs miui11.0.7.0, which is better.
Why am asking is that some people commented that miui11.0.7.0 drains battery alot and other things

Each Xiaomi phones with its own ROM versions some phones are at 11.0.8 and I can attest that battery drain is not a general problem.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sirjakez(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
genius43:

Each Xiaomi phones with its own ROM versions some phones are at 11.0.8 and I can attest that battery drain is not a general problem.
thanks for your reply. Mine is redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
sirjakez:
thanks for your reply. Mine is redmi 8

Oga update your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
Buzx:
RN8 running Pubg in HDR graphics flawlessly at 60 fps without lag.
flawless u sey, so no frame rate drop at all even after extended gameplay, no jitters whatever, no cpu/gpu throttling.. Even mi 9t (with better gpu) do experience minor frame rates after extended gameplay esp when the action is thick n fast flowing.. That flawless u put there is exaggerated bro
I take it that u are not using GFX tool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
joshjc:
It's just like a dream to me,my mom has passed away
sorry for the loss bto
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joshjc(m): 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Tiger2020:
guy you funny oogrin
lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
gidieberry:
flawless u sey, so no frame rate drop at all even after extended gameplay, no jitters whatever, no cpu/gpu throttling.. Even mi 9t (with better gpu) do experience minor frame rates after extended gameplay esp when the action is thick n fast flowing.. That flawless u put there is exaggerated bro

I'm using Pubg GFX. I'm playing it on HDR. I've never played Pubg for up to 2hrs. Highest is 1:20 mins. The only thing I get is a bit of heating and that's when I play it on HDR. Apart from that, it plays well. I was even surprised. I'd try to extend gameplay for 2hr or more to see if it drops in frame.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Buzx:

I'm using Pubg GFX. I'm playing it on HDR. I've never played Pubg for up to 2hrs. Highest is 1:20 mins. The only thing I get is a bit of heating. Apart from that, it plays well. I was even surprised. I'd try to extend gameplay for 2hr or more to see if it drops in frame.
are you running a fps counter with an overlay, for u to know that u are getting steady 60fps. U better check xda reviews u will understand what I am saying sa

If this dey appear like argument or me disregarding ya opinion, no be say.. Shalom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
2kurupt:
All these people complaining about stutter while playing games, what were you hoping to achieve when you max out your game settings in a mid range device? undecided

If your phone is not a flagship with top of the line chipset & GPU then don't expect perfection

gbayi, over heating self go throttle the performance.. OEMS skins and optimisation also comes into play

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
gidieberry:
are you running a fps counter with an overlay, for u to know that u are getting steady 60fps. U better check xda reviews u will understand what I am saying sa

If this dey appear like argument or me disregarding ya opinion, no be say.. Shalom

I didn't use Fps counter. But from what I was getting it felt like it. I might be wrong, but it plays to my utmost satisfaction in HDR. And when I put back to it's normal graphics, it does better without heating up.

Modified: it's actually 60fps. It fluctuates between 54 to 60, but stays in 58 to 60 long enough.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
Fuckdem:
what's your theme name??

Nobody should ask me any questions please grin
Lolgrin
It's the default theme of the miui based custom rom (masik) that I'm using.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
Buzx:

I didn't use Fps counter. But from what I was getting it felt like it. I might be wrong, but it plays to my utmost satisfaction in HDR. And when I put back to it's normal graphics, it does better without heating up.
while I was using redmi note 5,i use GFX tool for my rn5, I decreased resolution to 720p in order to get a smooth experience
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
gidieberry:
while I was using redmi note 5,i use GFX tool for my rn5, I decreased resolution to 720p in order to get a smooth experience
That's good. Well, check my screen shot in my previous post. It's 60fps. I would play it for long to see if it drops.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

Leave his phone for him. Use your own as experiment

oga CIA

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
genius43:

Not really. The 27MP images will have better details than the 12MP outputs. So cropping out one will be better than the other.

That's Impressive.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Failure44:

It's snapdragon and no it isn't new USA used.
I'm a bit perplexed.
Should I buy the s10e for 90k or Samsung note 9 for 100k?
Sadly both are single sim devices, duo is too expensive
They are within my budget but idk your opinions are welcomed.

Go for the S10e
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stinville(m): 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
With all these lockdowns here and there, will it be safe to place an order on AliExpress now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
stinville:
With all these lockdowns here and there, will it be safe to place an order on AliExpress now?

Everyday we get this question, hold your money and your order for now. Nothing is certain currently before we start hearing lamentations.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
fitlaw:

Please how can I get this font on my phone, am using Redmi Note 8. Thanks
Change region to India and choose your desired font, reboot if prompted then change region back to Nigeria.
I use a miui based custom rom (masik) so changing and using third party font and theme is quite easy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alanine1123: 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
akinbuk45:

3gb Ram and 32gb rom

Okay thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2020
genius43:

1. From the repository where all mods submit their GCam Mods.
2. You can use XDA or Nairaland here to ask nicely or research what other RN8 Users uses.

3. The Xiaomi compilation thread have some GCam links that could be "Compatible" with Redmi Note 8.

4. You can try any of these to see if it is "compatible";
a.https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/7.3_GCam_MJL_v4.0.2_Minilux.apk
b.https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/trCamera_V2_Dream_Catcher.apk
c.https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_7.3.020_Parrot043-v2.apk
e b like this trcamera better pass gcam ooo

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olamyyde(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
2kurupt:

Oh I see.
Please don't mind that ignoramus with a generic device. Pes 2020 isn't a demanding game. Everyone knows the graphics settings can be changed at the home screen. Even rn5 dey play the game without lags.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
veekid:
e b like this trcamera better pass gcam ooo

Tr Camera is Gcam bro. It is because them BSG, PArrot and co didn't follow this new boys naming schemes (Trcamera, PX Cam, MJLminiflex etc)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
gidieberry:
Don't mind him. People would never be sincere for once. That's how he said rn8 runs pes 2020 on high settings flawlessly meanwhile he's playing the game on standard. Most people don't even know where to change the graphics of pes. Even rn8 Pro has frame drops let alone ordinary rn8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
Olamyyde:

Please don't mind that ignoramus with a generic device. Pes 2020 isn't a demanding game. Everyone knows the graphics settings can be changed at the home screen. Even rn5 dey play the game without lags.
Oga even mi max 2 runs pes smoothly so stop saying rubbish. If you say the game hasn't been optimised for SD 665 it's understandable. But coming here to lie is unacceptable
You the chief ignoramus spewing thrash. Go to YouTube, gsm arena, Infact everywhere and see complains about rn8 not able to play pes 2020 high settings flawlessly. People are hell bent on leiying and saying what they don't know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2020
genius43:

Tr Camera is Gcam bro. It is because them BSG, PArrot and co didn't follow this new boys naming schemes (Trcamera, PX Cam, MJLminiflex etc)
thank you bro, more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
olanreyman:

Don't mind him. People would never be sincere for once. That's how he said rn8 runs pes 2020 on high settings flawlessly meanwhile he's playing the game on standard. Most people don't even know where to change the graphics of pes. Even rn8 Pro has frame drops let alone ordinary rn8

I've ignored you enough. Ode, check the screenshot I posted. I'm sure @gidieberry have seen it. You have so much disgust in you which you need to pour somewhere else. I'm sure even if you use Nubia red magic, you would still complain of frame drops.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by incredible70(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
Buzx:

I've ignored you enough. Ode, check the screenshot I posted. I'm sure @gidieberry have seen it. You have so much disgust in you which you need to pour somewhere else. I'm sure even if you use Nubia red magic, you would still complain of frame drops.
You must be a fool. You uploaded video of someone playing the game on standard and I'm trying to correct you, you are still saying rubbish. I don't even know why I'm replying to this dumbass in the first place. Continue to wallow in your mediocrity

(1) (2) (3) ... (7044) (7045) (7046) (7047) (7048) (7049) (7050) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oliveronline and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.