Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9185517 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7211) (7212) (7213) (7214) (7215) (7216) (7217) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 5:04pm On May 11, 2020
Mrviktor:

Exynos is better Dan kirin..
Bros i will say you should go and make research before you talk, Kirin that is almost the same with SD, by the way, am a Samsung user
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 5:10pm On May 11, 2020
oxygenlove:

YES OOO.. ..

when you put a flag on a small ship...
it gives you

Canoe 15 premier✓✓✓. cry cry
LMAO! grin

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tqsmile: 5:12pm On May 11, 2020
atheistandproud:
This argument is mad sha lol

Personally, from what I've read. There's a Flagship range or grade of the best phones that an OEM produces, but there can only be one Flagship at a time or one flagship for a product range or line depending on the OEM

Several phones may belong to this grade but not all of them are flagships even if they carry a flagship grade processor.

To keep it short, you saying all flagship are high end while all high-end are not flagship

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:13pm On May 11, 2020
tqsmile:

To keep it short, you saying all flagship are high end while all high-end are not flagship

That is another way of putting it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovelani(m): 5:23pm On May 11, 2020
iKingsley:
I didn't know DHL to be this slow

Track your order , it's been updated .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 5:29pm On May 11, 2020
Did someone just say Note 8 Pro doesn't play PUBG smoothly? shocked maybe na another version of PUBG sha because my Note 8 Pro PUBG gameplay smooth die. Played two matches on MTN network yesterday and i didn't experience any lag.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2020
Guys, All things considered, is RN9 really an Upgrade or a worthy Upgrade to RN8?

NB: RN9, not RN9S

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2020
AirVaans:
Name the Device grin grin
this can also be a redmi note 7 tho....
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:38pm On May 11, 2020
OHIsIManuEL:

grin grin You're rude sir

Ah ah grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:39pm On May 11, 2020
lovelani:
Lol..goodnight grin

cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 5:39pm On May 11, 2020
tasonivan:
Guys, All things considered, is RN9 really an Upgrade or a worthy Upgrade to RN8?

Hmmmm, Good Question... Co-Ask

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 5:42pm On May 11, 2020
Keiyadosh:
That u use a Xiaomi or not is not the issue here...stop bringing irrelevant stuffs to an argument...I for one don't really believe in benchmarks since the days of Samsung being caught cheating on S4... Bring both phones and lets watch their live performance.... Snapdragon 865 beat the a13 bionic is some benchmarks ,,I have watched speed test videos of the iPhone 11 pro max vs the mi 10 pro and that was not the same story... iPhone 11 pro max beat d mi 10 on c4E tech's video....If Samsung Exynos's chipsets were so good like u claim ,,why do they have to keep making Snapdragon variants for their devices??their devices record more sales on the Snapdragon variants even in regions where there are not supplied to,,there are demands for it...Huawei 's Kirin 810 didn't lead mid-range benchmarks to be disrespected like this.... Bruhhh...stop am

In flagship benchmark.
Kyrin nd exonos who is topping
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 5:43pm On May 11, 2020
Mrviktor:

Yes I've said it.
And the benchmarks prove that.
I played cod mobile on my friends s8 exonos version..
U need to see how smooth it was It's way way way way way better Dan when I played it on a friends note 8 and note 8 pro.. I won't just be arguing if I haven't actually gamed on an exonus device.
P. S i use a note 6 pro..
bro you are kidding right? Install pubg on the s8 grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 5:49pm On May 11, 2020
Cynsee:
Maybe he meant pubg lite
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:16pm On May 11, 2020
Ziyech:

I understand better now.. Asides the absence of Band 20.. Are there other cons in buying the K30 5G?

Band 20 is not the only casualty, they have added band 7 to the list of bands missing from the CN Version.

Also you might not get a Global ROM since they are hardly launching the 5G models outside China.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 6:16pm On May 11, 2020
Cynsee:

Pubg... Cod mobile.
Same developers.

Il ask if he has it sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2020
Mrviktor:

Pubg... Cod mobile.
Same developers.

Il ask if he has it sha

They are not from the same developers.

PUBG Corporation is a subsidiary of Bluehole developed in Krafton Studios
COD Mobile is developed by Timi Studios and published by Activision under Tencent Games

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 6:26pm On May 11, 2020
lovelani:

Track your order , it's been updated .
I checked, it's not updated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by importantperson: 6:36pm On May 11, 2020
Who have brand new Xaomi phone for sale buyer have 45k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:47pm On May 11, 2020
tqsmile:

So they'll not say i didn't put my mouth...

Flagship is just a marketing term.
They're all premium phones.

Flagship = the expensive phone that you need to justify its price somehow so you give it an iprating or something and thus double its price. That's how you market to rich people.
There's usually only one of those cos it needs to stand out but there can be more than one, if u can make them different but equally great enough
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flytime: 6:54pm On May 11, 2020
Nellsworld:

SD is for US and China, Exynos are for the rest of the world
u forgot south Korea, their home.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flytime: 6:54pm On May 11, 2020
Nellsworld:

SD is for US and China, Exynos are for the rest of the world
you forgot south Korea their home.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 7:04pm On May 11, 2020
tasonivan:

Earlier I would've said yes but, I'd suggest you wait for early reviews first. Xiaomi says it's got better performance than the RN8 (21% more), they seem to carry the same camera hardware as well but the RN9 doesn't shoot 2160p video. The RN9 has a plastic back unlike the Gorilla glass 5 on the RN8.

The other noteworthy feature are the larger display and bigger battery. The price of the RN9 is also something that seems a little off. The RN9 just went up for pre-order in Malaysia for RM749 (~90K) for the 4/128GB variant.

So if you're looking to upgrade, I'd say your safest bet is with the Redmi Note 9s.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 7:05pm On May 11, 2020
tqsmile:

Not all 'flagships' are high-end. For example, the Camon 15 Premier is, at best, a midrange device.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 7:10pm On May 11, 2020
Cynsee:
leave am grin grin grin..I just dey laugh... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 7:16pm On May 11, 2020
AirVaans:
Name the Device grin grin

But why.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 7:20pm On May 11, 2020
oxygenlove:

YES OOO.. ..

when you put a flag on a small ship...
it gives you

Canoe 15 premier✓✓✓. cry cry

festwiz:

Not all 'flagships' are high-end. For example, the Camon 15 Premier is, at best, a midrange device.

You sirs, are very wicked. Do you want some people to start crying and lamenting? Don't you know that "flagship" is "affordable", and it is "very easy" to procure parts at their service center.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2020
kenomobola:

You sirs, are very wicked. Do you want some people to start crying and lamenting? Don't you know that "flagship" is "affordable", and it is "very easy" to procure parts at their service center.
Hahaha. Truth hurts. I have a Tecno F6, 3 months after I bought it, the device bricked from an OTA they pushed. I was in school at the time so I didn't take it to Carlcare until about 3/4 months later.

I went to Carlcare and was told that "they don't have the parts to fix it". I would've asked for a refund but I had lost my receipt. That's the last Tecno device I owned.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2020
Flytime:
u forgot south Korea, their home.
South Korea is Exynos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:03pm On May 11, 2020
genius43:

There is none released in the past year or so that didn't come with a TPU by default. Even my RN5 came with a TPU
redmi 8a says hi

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 8:14pm On May 11, 2020
grin Redmi 8A didn't even come with the supported charger
gidieberry:
redmi 8a says hi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyfer(m): 8:14pm On May 11, 2020
Hello house, does xiaomi have there own smart watch? I use redmi note 8 and I wanna get a smart watch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7211) (7212) (7213) (7214) (7215) (7216) (7217) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.