Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9183628 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) (7234) (7235) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 4:05am On May 15, 2020
Please my Diamond bank Visa card is declining online payment, is there any way around it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 4:26am On May 15, 2020
tellsblinks:

gurus in the house, please help me i used a redmi note 7 3gb/32gb version

I don't mean to criticize redmi, but i experience the same issues with the quoted op

to add to it my gcam freezes, crashes, and almost want to kill my phone

at a point I can't give my friends my phone to snap picture, I'll have to be the one to snap it.

I keep making stupid excuses of space bla bla bla when ever they ask me "why is your phone hanging"

the storage fills up easily with nothing inside the phone.

the battery drains madly

please guys wht can I do? help me

Go to settings, apps, manage apps
Clear the cache of all your apps one after the other.
Don't be surprised seeing Facebook you downloaded for 55mb having 800+mb

Do a deep scan. Under "big files"
Checks for file you did not download and delete them. Eg there is a file name "blob whatever", which could be taking a lot of space. Just delete them. The first day i deleted them, they were about 3, taking up space in the excess of about 2gb

Also update your phone for the battery draining issue.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hallenjay: 4:59am On May 15, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

You can get it at most computer stores in Wunti
pls wunti is close to Airport? Am actually inside d new Airforce base... Pls can u give direction so I won't go b too naive wen moving outsde and if u r closeby aving ur contact won't b a bad idea. Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:22am On May 15, 2020
Xtianvic:
Please my Diamond bank Visa card is declining online payment, is there any way around it?

It is not all sites that accept Visa Card
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:23am On May 15, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 5:43am On May 15, 2020
Tiger2020:
Seems transsion p22/p35 chipset has finished but their micro USB hasn't
Finished bawo?, even their new Note 7, Lite Version is on P22... Be like MTK get transsion oga Nudes, and he keeps forcing dem to do foolish shits or else he'll release the Nudes

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bbeckky: 6:12am On May 15, 2020
Thanks evvry1 that advised me, I finally got RN8 and I love the picture quality. I don't know if this is typical of RN8 or its my phone, the battery drains fast and I can't get accurate typing with the keyboard (I'll have to delete and retype, if you get my point). I've had a system update notification for days now but I'm scared to update because I read here earlier that some users are having issues with the new update. I also noticed that it doesn't have call recorder, is there anything I can do about these?
Pls help out.
Thanks

(You just have to see the struggle b4 I cud type this)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slye(m): 6:24am On May 15, 2020
Nltaliban:
Is Redmi go still available in Nigeria?
I have one for sale. Used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by curryjuniour(m): 6:35am On May 15, 2020
Please does anyone know how I can root my redmi note 7 global version?
I have experience with rooting phones but I need to hear it from my Nigerian brothers instead of watching nonsense Indians shady YouTube vidoes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 6:36am On May 15, 2020
bbeckky:
Thanks evvry1 that advised me, I finally got RN8 and I love the picture quality. I don't know if this is typical of RN8 or its my phone, the battery drains fast and I can't get accurate typing with the keyboard (I'll have to delete and retype, if you get my point). I've had a system update notification for days now but I'm scared to update because I read here earlier that some users are having issues with the new update. I also noticed that it doesn't have call recorder, is there anything I can do about these?
Pls help out.
Thanks

I don't know why people are still scared of update. If you feel updating your phone will be bad, just know not updating is the worst
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:43am On May 15, 2020
curryjuniour:
Please does anyone know how I can root my redmi note 7 global version?
I have experience with rooting phones but I need to hear it from my Nigerian brothers instead of watching nonsense Indians shady YouTube vidoes.

Go to the tweaking thread for this.

You have to start by applying for bootloader Unlocking, Unlock your bootloader when given the privilege (You lose all your files during this process), install a custom recovery, install Magisk then grant root access

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:47am On May 15, 2020
bbeckky:
Pls help out.
Thanks

1. Update your phone, this should be the first thing when you get a new phone.
2. Disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning by searching scanning from settings
3. Don't leave both Sims on 4G it is suicidal if you have two unstable networks on your phone. Put the one you aren't using to browse on 2G.
Network plays a major part in battery life
4. Avoid full brightness as much as possible. Screen is also a major consumer of battery.

As for the keyboard issue update the Keyboard app (G board) from playstore or try other keyboards

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:08am On May 15, 2020
bbeckky:
Pls help out.
Thanks

But was it like dt when it came out of the box? Or did the keyboard start misbehaving later
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 7:22am On May 15, 2020
bbeckky:
Pls help out.
Thanks

first update your phone. then visit Google play store and update your Gboard... go to your Gboard settings and increase the keyboard height to avoid typos.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bbeckky: 7:30am On May 15, 2020
Straight from the box bro
abdsamad:

But was it like dt when it came out of the box? Or did the keyboard start misbehaving later
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 7:48am On May 15, 2020
AirVaans:
Finished bawo?, even their new Note 7, Lite Version is on P22... Be like MTK get transsion oga Nudes, and he keeps forcing dem to do foolish shits or else he'll release the Nudes
hmmm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 7:50am On May 15, 2020
AirVaans:

Note 8 might be p35, they like going up and down

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 7:54am On May 15, 2020
awoo47:
why must u lie to push ur point. Lite version is also g70. d only diff is storage nd camera setup..
you get g70 plus almost 7inchs phone for 67k
if not for dollar e for no pass 60k

7 inch on 720p

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 7:58am On May 15, 2020
awoo47:
why must u lie to push ur point. Lite version is also g70. d only diff is storage nd camera setup..
Ahh, Mogbe..... Pooeeepppllleeeee come and Seee oooooo... Are you sure your head is not headaching you like this so?,, how much transsion pay you?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 15, 2020
awoo47:

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tqsmile: 8:09am On May 15, 2020
Thomsyne:

This is just sad. If I may, did you get to NIPOST and they didn't attend to you?

Well, I received some March order last week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2020
awoo47:
Marketer that doesn't know his product...smh

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 8:31am On May 15, 2020
festwiz:

Marketer that doesn't know his product...smh
Lol marketer that uses a xiaomi phone but wants people to buy infinix phone
If I'm correct... His phone is mi 9 lite.
This Marketer.... You're unkind!!

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:35am On May 15, 2020
xoftxoul:

Lol marketer that uses a xiaomi phone but wants people to buy infinix phone
If I'm correct... His phone is mi 9 lite.
Lol. He is very representative of the brand. They hire celebrities that use iPhones to market their products. Just ridiculous. Imagine paying such huge amounts and they wouldn't even consider using an Infinix.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 8:38am On May 15, 2020
festwiz:
Lol. He is very representative of the brand. They hire celebrities that use iPhones to market their products. Just ridiculous. Imagine paying such huge amounts and they wouldn't even consider using an Infinix.
Gbam! No better illustration than this

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:38am On May 15, 2020
festwiz:
even their Twitter post will show "Twitter for iPhone" cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:42am On May 15, 2020
tellsblinks:

gurus in the house, please help me i used a redmi note 7 3gb/32gb version

I don't mean to criticize redmi, but i experience the same issues with the quoted op

to add to it my gcam freezes, crashes, and almost want to kill my phone

at a point I can't give my friends my phone to snap picture, I'll have to be the one to snap it.

I keep making stupid excuses of space bla bla bla when ever they ask me "why is your phone hanging"

the storage fills up easily with nothing inside the phone.

the battery drains madly

please guys wht can I do? help me
Turn off animations and observe if changes occur

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2020
genius43:

May 19 is MIUI 12 release date for Global and it will be beta first before stable. Don't confuse MIUI 12 with Android 10.
will it be for all phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinbuk45(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 9:19am On May 15, 2020
Abeg, is there any other mid may Xiaomi was referring to for the release of the Note 9s?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 9:40am On May 15, 2020
SholaAdeoye:

Hi.
Try to restart your phone immediately after changing to your desired theme/wallpaper/screensaver. I had the same problem when I newly updated too.

Hope this helps.

Yeah i always restart the phone after every change then but Still my wallpaper reverted back, i guess the wallpaper wasn't compatible with the theme or the font wasn't compatible with the wallpaper or whichever way.
I changed the theme by downloading one from the app, used my desired wallpaper and fonts and it hasn't reverted back till date.

Thanks for the help though i really appreciate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donkelzy(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2020
bbeckky:

Update your keyboard or you might as well try other keyboards like Fleksy or swiftkeys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) (7234) (7235) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.