Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9194009 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) (7250) (7251) (7252) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmoDavido(m): 2:48pm On May 17, 2020
I don hold my 40k for days now. Been looking for RN7 (4/64gb)...make una sell una old phones and upgrade na grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2020
nani667:

I just use the Tempered Glass and Case to prevent scratches... If the screen wants to break it will break, irrespective of the Tempered Glass, so I don't really believe In using TG to avoid cracks from falls... Beht at least the TG and cases can prevent all these small scratches on the main screen, and on the Body.. keep the phone fresh and new looking.., without any marks ✔️

Nailed it. Over time screen would have some scratches on it that's the only disadvantage of not using screen guard

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 2:51pm On May 17, 2020
micxwell:
Well well. Whatever suits one sha. I can't use a phone bare. I don't like it. I use torchlight phones like that though cheesy. But smart phones, No. Even my tab, full body flip case.
Lmao... Una just dey imprison phone. No breathing space phone don suffer no be small

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sullenx(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Why buy a RN8 pro when you can buy a RN9s for less. I bought mine off Jumia for 73k (4gb ram, 64gb rom) before it went out of stock. It’s said to be delivered on or before July 1st due to Covid-19.
Am interested where did u order it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2020
jboixxx:
If you must, buy from Jumia Mall/Official store section.
You are sure of original products there since it's manufacturers' store section.

You mean physical outlet ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timiflexi: 3:05pm On May 17, 2020
madgoat:

Not at all. But it would be senseless to put it in a pocket where u also keep ur keys or to put the fone on a table with the screen facing downwards. Also i dont give people my fone to handle.

But what about the camera bump

Cause that's another issue again
Putting it on tables and flat surfaces
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 3:15pm On May 17, 2020
sullenx:

Am interested where did u order it

Jumia. It is now out of stock.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2020
eby001:

Lol, madgoat that time, hope you're considering infinix note7? grin grin grin
The only reason I'm using casing with it is the cover which is prone to hand staining not to talk of scratch.
Come to think of it, its price is still fairly constant in the last 8months, no drop in price

Very true.

Talking about casing, where did you get yours from? And does the casing on yours covers both the volume and power button?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2020
Lol @ people who use their phones without screen protector.
This was how my tiles looked at me the day I removed the screen guard on one of my phones...

Two days later, phone fell from my hands when I was about to open a door. Even my fast involuntary response by kicking the phone to slow its momentum didn't stop it from having beautiful spider web patterns seconds later.

Don't be tempted

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Very true.

Talking about casing, where did you get yours from? And does the casing on yours covers both the volume and power button?

Mine does.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yetunsbay(m): 3:28pm On May 17, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Why buy a RN8 pro when you can buy a RN9s for less. I bought mine off Jumia for 73k (4gb ram, 64gb rom) before it went out of stock. It’s said to be delivered on or before July 1st due to Covid-19.
no precise date for release of RN9s.... Just tired
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sociologymajor: 3:31pm On May 17, 2020
Any neat Xiaomi Phone available for sell in IBADAN.. I have 30k..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:34pm On May 17, 2020
Biafrareform:

You mean physical outlet ?
No. Some manufacturers have official store on Jumia.

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 3:34pm On May 17, 2020
sociologymajor:
Any neat Xiaomi Phone available for sell in IBADAN.. I have 30k..

I’ll sell you my Infinix Hot 6X

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timiflexi: 3:37pm On May 17, 2020
Timiflexi:
So I got my note 8 pro earlier this week
And it has been FANTASTIC
i did a little bit of tweaking and I now have a small problem I don't know how to resolve
I use the launcher that came with the phone as well as one dope theme I found on their theme app
So yesterday I did this region thing and went to India to get a font and brought it back to Nigeria
So my small issue is this
I could be using the phone for hours now and then it suddenly just takes me to the homepage and back to the default theme...the font still remains though

Issue is I still want to be able to use my theme or any other theme without the phone cancelling them

P.S if there's any nice feature or tweak to make my Xiaomi experience better please let me know
-i haven't also done any update yet.....still feeling the whole new phone vibe and exploring the current update before I update next week or the week after

NO VEX SAY MY WRITE UP PLENTY,NA SO THE PHONE DEY SWEET ME

Guys I have done the update and it still keeps crashing and going back to the default theme
The font still stays the same though

It's becoming annoying

If someone can recommend nice themes or something sha maybe another theme will work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Betnomore: 3:40pm On May 17, 2020
Got a deal for redmi 8a. Besides the memory, is there any other difference and what other cons. Does glo 4g work well with it also? Feedback will be highly appreciated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:40pm On May 17, 2020
genius43:

Mine does.
Awọn èyán Mofi.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sociologymajor: 3:42pm On May 17, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:

I’ll sell you my Infinix Hot 6X

Nah.. Only Redmi bro...Nothing else
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 3:49pm On May 17, 2020
sociologymajor:

Nah.. Only Redmi bro...Nothing else

Ok bro .. you should check on jiji. You’d most likely find it there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 3:52pm On May 17, 2020
Betnomore:
Got a deal for redmi 8a. Besides the memory, is there any other difference and what other cons. Does glo 4g work well with it also? Feedback will be highly appreciated

Fairly used redmi 8a? Where you get such deal and how much if I may know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2020
Timiflexi:

But what about the camera bump

Cause that's another issue again
Putting it on tables and flat surfaces
I dont know about other fones but the camera bump on my R7 is fine and no visible scratches. My fone is always on my table at work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 17, 2020
Hello
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2020
jboixxx:
Awọn èyán Mofi.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2020
Betnomore:

If you are looking for Band 28 nope if your area have Glo band 3 then yes. If band 28 is your concern, Mi A3, RN8 Pro, RN9s

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by longlife101: 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
genius43:

Nilkin is a company name not a specification. Go to AliExpress and search Nilkin along with your device name
Thank you for choosing to respond. I meant "specification" for the best Nilkin for Note 8? (There are several on their store, per first hand user what he has used - not that I won't search o)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:20pm On May 17, 2020
longlife101:
Thank you for choosing to respond. I meant "specification" for the best Nilkin for Note 8? (There are several on their store, per first hand user what he has used - not that I won't search o)

https ://a . aliexpress. com/_d8uqKuj

Remove spaces
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Betnomore: 4:27pm On May 17, 2020
The guy no later sell am to me ooo. After agreeing, he just informed me he sold it to someone else

Kennyflyair:

Fairly used redmi 8a? Where you get such deal and how much if I may know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kalushaiyke(m): 4:43pm On May 17, 2020
genius43:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/HyperCam_E3.0_P.apk

Battery Saver at this level of battery will just consume more battery
Bro please link for that if RN8. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by callydon(m): 4:50pm On May 17, 2020
OmoDavido:
I don hold my 40k for days now. Been looking for RN7 (4/64gb)...make una sell una old phones and upgrade na grin

Hold it till 9s is out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timiflexi: 4:51pm On May 17, 2020
madgoat:

I dont know about other fones but the camera bump on my R7 is fine and no visible scratches. My fone is always on my table at work.

I just got a note 8 pro and it can be very bumpy without a case
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by thormeydey: 4:51pm On May 17, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Has your order been shipped?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 4:56pm On May 17, 2020
Timiflexi:

Guys I have done the update and it still keeps crashing and going back to the default theme
The font still stays the same though

It's becoming annoying

If someone can recommend nice themes or something sha maybe another theme will work

I thought i offered a solution to you previously.

Change the theme, i downloaded another theme from the app and ever since then my wallpaper doesn't revert to the default

(1) (2) (3) ... (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) (7250) (7251) (7252) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.