Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9221898 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7251) (7252) (7253) (7254) (7255) (7256) (7257) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:59am On May 18, 2020
kalushaiyke:

Please how do I get the Nilkon case.
Open AliExpress dot com (or download AliExpress app from playstore) and search for NILLKIN tempered glass for 'Redmi X" (any phone you use) in the search box.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:04am On May 18, 2020
fibonacci2526:

We keep hammering on premium tempered glass, not the one that is poor in quality that will want to make you smash your device on the ground. Try a nilkin tempered glass(should be around ₦5k) and come back to modify your statement. There are grades to literally everything.

@the bolded that you have never seen doesn't mean it's untrue, a lot of folks around me use premium phones and they all have a form of protection on their phones. Not everyone loves seeing those ugly scruffs or those tiny scratches on their phones which are most times inevitable when your screen is naked. You see it's not about being "careless",

OK mummy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bbeckky: 9:12am On May 18, 2020
GrandMufti:

No.. settings where you have installed apps..

You can also search for message when you get to settings
Thanks bro, working well now. God bless

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 9:19am On May 18, 2020
nurez305:
Hello guys, please what xiaomi phone can I buy within the range of 40k to 50k

Xiaomi Mi Play 64gb ROM on Jumia Express less than 40k

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2020
in what areas is the Redmi note 8 pro better than the infinix note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 9:27am On May 18, 2020
drake49:

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:30am On May 18, 2020
drake49:
The Infinix Note 7 is a slave in the eyes of the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Please do not use them in the same sentence.

Lol.

All jokes aside.

If you're genuinely asking, head over to GSMArena and do a comparison of both. The Redmi Note 8 Pro dwarves the Infinix in all areas.

Better display, better SoC, better support, Better thermals, HDR support, Infinitely better cameras/camera setup. It's so much better that it would be ludicrous to even compare them.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 9:31am On May 18, 2020
drake49:
EVERYTHING grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:44am On May 18, 2020
MediaTek has announced the Dimensity 820 5G, Mali G57 MC5 and up to 80MP camera resolution. If the rumours hold true we may see a new Redmi device next week Monday as well.

GizmoC- https://www .gizmochina .com/2020/05/18/mediatek-announces-dimensity-820-chipset-for-affordable-5g-devices/

Dimensity 820 - https://www. mediatek .com/products/smartphones/dimensity-820
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 9:44am On May 18, 2020
Sprintx24:
Good morning guys..... I read xiaomi has phased out the multi colored notification lights in their newer variants, I mean the multi coloured lights found on the Note 4 series and some other older variants. I love how I was able to know at a glance the kind of notifications I had just by the kind of lighting on the notification led. Can someone using the newer variants confirm this? Thanks!

Any answer to this...... guys?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2020
Sprintx24:

Any answer to this...... guys?

I don't know. I'm not really sure they do that anymore, or if any OEM uses multi coloured LEDs save for "Gaming Phones".
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:59am On May 18, 2020
HowGlorious:

Xiaomi Mi Play 64gb ROM on Jumia Express less than 40k

I wouldn't advice anyone to buy that phone cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:06am On May 18, 2020
GrandMufti:

I wouldn't advice anyone to buy that phone cheesy
Mediatek geng
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:11am On May 18, 2020
jboixxx:
Mediatek geng

Plus support no too dey. E be like lab rat
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olochee: 10:11am On May 18, 2020
Abeg who knows where I can get xiaomi note 8 in Abuja...and the price...?

Jumia is showing 72500#
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2020
olanreyman:

I've never seen anyone who buys a phone worth 300k using a screen guard! Personally, screen guard irritates me and hide the beauty of a phone. Any force that breaks the screen guard without cracking the screen would not be enough to crack a screen without screen guard
have you experimented this? It's not enough to just say so.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 10:21am On May 18, 2020
festwiz:
The Infinix Note 7 is a slave in the eyes of the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Please do not use them in the same sentence.

Lol.

All jokes aside.

If you're genuinely asking, head over to GSMArena and do a comparison of both. The Redmi Note 8 Pro dwarves the Infinix in all areas.

Better display, better SoC, better support, Better thermals, HDR support, Infinitely better cameras/camera setup. It's so much better that it would be ludicrous to even compare them.
thanks bro, am actually going to buy today here in Benin, but am thinking if i can't find it i should buy the infinix
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thelucifer666(m): 10:23am On May 18, 2020
kalushaiyke:

Baba abeg share your theme. Me likey
Its samsung one UI not a theme.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kalushaiyke(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2020
mathefaro:
It is a mixture of themes. Check the attached pictures
Please how do I get the dark 13 icon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2020
festwiz:
MediaTek has announced the Dimensity 820 5G, Mali G57 MC5 and up to 80MP camera resolution. If the rumours hold true we may see a new Redmi device next week Monday as well.

GizmoC- https://www .gizmochina .com/2020/05/18/mediatek-announces-dimensity-820-chipset-for-affordable-5g-devices/

Dimensity 820 - https://www. mediatek .com/products/smartphones/dimensity-820
yeah, it's truly today they said Dimensity 820 would be released.

na wa o. These people don't want me to buy a phone yet. The RN9 series isn't even available yet and they want to move ahead?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hakeem12(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2020
drake49:
thanks bro, am actually going to buy today here in Benin, but am thinking if i can't find it i should buy the infinix
Whatever you do in life, stay away from transsion devices; infinix, tecno and itel. E better make person no use phone at all

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2020
SarcasticMe:

Search starry night

Still the same results, unfortunately kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kxngstein(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2020
Please who has a really good GCAM mod for Redmi Note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hakeem12(m): 10:33am On May 18, 2020
Bahddo:

na wa o. These people don't want me to buy a phone yet. The RN9 series isn't even available yet and they want to move ahead?
I read somewhere that xiaomi was going to use a mediatek chipset for 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2020
gnykelly:

can you please give me your experience of your usage of both Xiaomi and Samsung a20. thanks
I've used only the Redmi note 7 and it's very satisfactory. I'm not a fan of using multiple phones within a short period of time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2020
Hakeem12:
I read somewhere that xiaomi was going to use it for 10
yeah, and Redmi 10x would be one of the first to feature the Dimensity 820 SoC. Just read that part too on XDA.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 10:49am On May 18, 2020
gnykelly:

can you please give me your experience of your usage of both Xiaomi and Samsung a20. thanks

Samsung A20 is an entry level phone and the worst in it range. Samsung A20 selfie Cam worns out after 6 months of usage and device becomes laggy that you cant receive calls.

Sold mine to get Redmi note 9s

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 10:50am On May 18, 2020
I ordered for a Redmi Note 9s and its screen protector on Jumia 7 days ago. However, the screen protector has been shipped today but not the phone (Redmi Note 9s). Should I be worried?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 10:53am On May 18, 2020
Hakeem12:
Whatever you do in life, stay away from transsion devices; infinix, tecno and itel. E better make person no use phone at all
wow.... then straight up for the Redmi.. thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 10:56am On May 18, 2020
festwiz:

I don't know. I'm not really sure they do that anymore, or if any OEM uses multi coloured LEDs save for "Gaming Phones".

Sad.... embarassed embarassed cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2020
Bahddo:

Am pretty sure RN10 will be available to 5G markets only
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 11:03am On May 18, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
I ordered for a Redmi Note 9s and its screen protector on Jumia 7 days ago. However, the screen protector has been shipped today but not the phone (Redmi Note 9s). Should I be worried?

Just keep your fingers crossed. Mine took it sweet time before it got shipped. Dont be worried, just relax.

Even though it gets shipped, it wont leave Hongkong until your delivery date

(1) (2) (3) ... (7251) (7252) (7253) (7254) (7255) (7256) (7257) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.