Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9176850 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) (7327) (7328) (7329) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by importantperson: 6:24pm On May 28, 2020
GrandMufti:

Update the phone before calibrating the battery
How please? can i use solar to charge it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 28, 2020
LehreMi:
What's up guys and ladies grin. What are the necessary things to do to my new RN8 pro before I begin using it? Like updates, apps and settings?
dip it in water from time to time to preserve the battery life

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Goddey1000(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2020
Do research on the two device?? Anyone suit what you want it for, go for it.
ChocolateHigh:
redmi note 9 series or Samsung s8plus ?
Which one should I go for?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DaSailor: 6:38pm On May 28, 2020
Alfred234:
Android 10 update just poped up on Redmi Note 8 Pro

Got this a few days ago, but yesterday when I was ready to update, I couldn't find the update again.
Am I the only one who experienced this disappearance?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:40pm On May 28, 2020
DaSailor:

Got this a few days ago, but yesterday when I was ready to update, I couldn't find the update again.
Am I the only one who experienced this disappearance?

It's normal bro. Update like that comes in batches if you don't update on time, they allocate it to someone else till they release it to the general public. Keep checking.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2020
That unreasonable law student is back, you guys should kindly ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:42pm On May 28, 2020
importantperson:

How please? can i use solar to charge it?

The small ones like power bank? Just make sure it's ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:43pm On May 28, 2020
dasanchez1:
life goes on

Na so
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LehreMi: 6:44pm On May 28, 2020
Cool stuff grin
Fuckdem:
dip it in water from time to time to preserve the battery life

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DaSailor: 6:52pm On May 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

It's normal bro. Update like that comes in batches if you don't update on time, they allocate it to someone else till they release it to the general public. Keep checking.

Thanks man, na checkers per hour get me now.. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DaSailor: 7:00pm On May 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Just checked again and it's back, updating now before it disappears.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2020
iamekelly:
I just hope subsequent update no go scatter the battery head ���

Nah. Am on the latest version 11.0.8 and battery is still waxing strong.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2020
plucky16:

The story will change when you start updating

Not at all. Am on the latest version, battery life is still great.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PrettyBunny(f): 7:04pm On May 28, 2020
I still don't understand, why most people, just come here to troll this thread! Why? I just don't understand the hate tho..

It's so annoying..

I have used Tecno and Infinix before and trust me, there is nothing good about those phones..

When the Tecno spoilt, I was asked to send it to carlcare and guess what? Despite the warranty, I paid 5k for it. Phone that I bought today, went off the next day, and it was irritating..

Bought infinix note 4 immediately it came out and guess what? It fell down and the screen started blinking.. Was asked to pay 10k to fix it. Phone, that wasn't up to a month..

Tecno F1 a friend gave me to manage. The destiny hangs for 5 years, before, it could open any app. Despite, a working memory card..

After experiencing all this trash and you think, I will calmly advise another person to buy those useless device? Never..

Why I don't even reply on most transsion threads, is because, I don't really have energy for negative vibes. If not, you will see me, bashing y'all every time!!!

Why most people here bash transsions and their craps, is because, they also experienced, what it means to throw away your money.. Funny enough, most of you that are trolling this group for bashing Infinix and Tecno, might not even be using the phone.. That is the sad reality of life..

I am not saying that you shouldn't market your trash, do it dear(z) but please, stay off this thread.. Your asses are really becoming annoying..

God bless us all..

29 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LehreMi: 7:22pm On May 28, 2020
Guys na undecided
LehreMi:
What's up guys and ladies grin. What are the necessary things to do to my new RN8 pro before I begin using it? Like updates, apps and settings?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 7:32pm On May 28, 2020
PrettyBunny:
I still don't understand, why most people, just come here to troll this thread! Why? I just don't understand the hate tho..

It's so annoying..

I have used Tecno and Infinix before and trust me, there is nothing good about those phones..

When the Tecno spoilt, I was asked to send it to carlcare and guess what? Despite the warranty, I paid 5k for it. Phone that I bought today, went off the next day, and it was irritating..

Bought infinix note 4 immediately it came out and guess what? It fell down and the screen started blinking.. Was asked to pay 10k to fix it. Phone, that wasn't up to a month..

Tecno F1 a friend gave me to manage. The destiny hangs for 5 years, before, it could open any app. Despite, a working memory card..

After experiencing all this trash and you think, I will calmly advise another person to buy those useless device? Never..

Why I don't even reply on most transsion threads, is because, I don't really have energy for negative vibes. If not, you will see me, bashing y'all every time!!!

Why most people here bash transsions and their craps, is because, they also experienced, what it means to throw away your money.. Funny enough, most of you that are trolling this group for bashing Infinix and Tecno, might not even be using the phone.. That is the sad reality of life..

I am not saying that you shouldn't market your trash, do it dear(z) but please, stay off this thread.. Your asses are really becoming annoying..

God bless us all..

Well said, used one tecno like that around 2013, I've forgotten the name, it was their flagship device then, I used it for just one week b4 going back to exchange it for one fairly used HTC then.... That was the last time I used transion product in my life...

2014 I saw xiaomi for the first time in my life and ever since I've never changed brand.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:34pm On May 28, 2020
abdsamad:

Sorry o, are you tempting fate or what? angry
I think you meant to say: "you should have married someone like my wife" smiley

lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PrettyBunny(f): 7:40pm On May 28, 2020
LehreMi:
Guys na undecided

Disable Bluetooth and WiFi scanning first..

Do the necessary updates..

Then, head to the compilation thread and learn more..

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 7:47pm On May 28, 2020
awoo47:
i have a trend of changing brands if i change phone
i used tecno infinix nd fūck i even used xiaomi ... I wanted to port to umidigi but because of corona I'm going fr oukitel... No phone will sell at a loss, the're all making profit.. jus enjoy life nd technology undecided

One cold Budweisser for you ..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 7:49pm On May 28, 2020
festwiz:

Normally I'd ignore but bro, what is the title of the thread? This thread is mainly focused for Xiaomi users to share experiences and tips for others.

It's like walking into a mosque and expecting the faithfuls to unanimously shout 'Jesus is lord' (No offense meant). If you have bought a better device from a better brand, you can create a thread and inform users and why you chose it. You cannot expect everyone to agree with you.

Since you've moved on to the Realme X, why are you still following the thread? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to find you in the Realme thread (if it exists)? How many iPhone users or Samsung users hover around this thread?

How often do Xiaomi users leave this thread to go bash on the Infinix thread or Umidigi thread? It's quite the inverse on this thread and it's understandable for long time fans and users to reply the way they do.

Btw, how did you solve the Bluetooth and WiFi problems on your Realme X?

And you too ..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Antoniosmile: 7:50pm On May 28, 2020
Hello tech gurus in the house and all xaomi lovers,
Please, can redmi note 7 support a stylus pen (especially a generic one as that's what I can afford). Although, I know xaomi has its own pen but it's quite expensive. Please, if you've used one or have any idea if a generic one works, let me know. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 7:51pm On May 28, 2020
Ringalawyer:

I'm particularly protective about my sons use of the internet . It's to prevent a situation like this were the internet is filled with trolls and lack of respect. Nonetheless he uses an iPhone Xr. My brother sent it down for him. I buy data once in a while to curtail his internet usage.
Lmao this guy is hilarious grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by myenvironalert(m): 7:55pm On May 28, 2020
Hi gurus! Pls help!

I downloaded Gcam for my phone and I've been using it to take some really really good photos for sometime now.

But today, I realised the Gcam and lightroom were nowhere to be found on my phone again.

I had to download another one.
I use redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Darlinx01(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2020
How often do Xiaomi users leave this thread to go bash on the Infinix thread or Umidigi thread? [/quote] ya u made a solid point bro...my bad...i undastand dat only stuffs related to xiaomi should be spoken abt in d thread bt wah ah hated was the way they bashed at ppl who talked abt other brands, like xiaomi doesnt have its own problems. Sorry to all i offended, was jst saying ma mind. And abt d wifi problem was it b4 the realme ui update or after?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2020
Antoniosmile:
Hello tech gurus in the house and all xaomi lovers,
Please, can redmi note 7 support a stylus pen (especially a generic one as that's what I can afford). Although, I know xaomi has its own pen but it's quite expensive. Please, if you've used one or have any idea if a generic one works, let me know. Thanks
Not an expert but I think the generic pen tends to mimic finger input and should work on any capacitive, touch sensitive display.

If you're buying from AliExpress, sellers state the compatible brands the pens work on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Darlinx01(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2020
ityP:

Fanboyism is everywhere sha. When a particular brand has met your needs over and over again, emotional attachment is formed. You may see imessage shits as insignificant, but that person who prefers iPhone 6 to RN8 may not. Transsion fanboys don't have high taste (they just want something basic) and transsion products meet their basic needs. Xiaomi fanboys have high taste for less, Xiaomi meets that need.
Yh true sha..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Darlinx01(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2020
genius43:

Are you done. Next Episode please.

You have a problem with the thread stay off. No one here is a reason for your sleepless night
no hard feelings bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2020
Darlinx01:
no hard feelings bro

No wahala

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2020
genius43:

My guy my guy, I have been waiting for your comment.

On a real it has happened that we have affordable gaming centric chipsets for users to choose from depending on budget.

For Xiaomi we have RN9 (G85), RN8 Pro (G90T), RN9s(SD 720G), Poco X2(SD 730G), mi 9t(SD 730) and hey the Redmi 9 is reported to pack a Helio G80 processor.
Didn't do my research well before buying rn8. Will sell and buy mi 9t or wait for 10x. Reviews suggest note 9s chipset is not as power as 8pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fran6ixesq(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2020
You are absolutely right. I have compared the rn7 and rn8, the shared memory card tray and the extra cameras on the note 8 are the only differences i saw. I am going to get a note 8 tomorrow though, but that's only because i don't own a xiaomi phone yet; if i was on an rn7 now, i wouldn't be impressed with the changes on the rn8 in comparison with the 7.

hopefulLandlord:

I might be in the minority here but I'm more of an OG phone user in that I use my phone till either of two things start happening

1. it develops so much fault its better to just get another

2. it becomes totally unusable

The last phone I used was Infinix note 2 which I bought late 2015. I used it till late 2019 when I bought this Redmi note 7 128g due to a panel problem with the Infinix note 2. to put this into perspective, by the time I stopped using the note 2 Infinix had released note 6! I don't plan to change the phone till one of the two happens. So even if I hear reviews of how great those 8 and 9 are it doesn't move me at all as my phone has everything I need.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Antoniosmile: 8:16pm On May 28, 2020
festwiz:

Not an expert but I think the generic pen tends to mimic finger input and should work on any capacitive, touch sensitive display.

If you're buying from AliExpress, sellers state the compatible brands the pens work on.

Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) (7327) (7328) (7329) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.