Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9359679 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
brizzle116:
Jumia has been pretty messed up this days..my order left Lagos to my state since Wednesday and is yet to arrive at my pickup station.. Got to pH pickup station that's barely 2 hours from where I stay yesterday morning and is yet to arrive.
mine has arrived
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yetunsbay(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

It is, as well as RN9
thks , daalu, e se ee, nagode
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
labisibrass:

Thank you. Is that in umuaiah?

No, It's in Aba.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mustiboy:
Xiaomi won the poll grin
Send link
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
atheistandproud:

You're welcome.

Me I'm waiting till December, by then e go don cheap or newer phones go don dey sef grin grin grin grin

Who knows, maybe Naira go don recover.

Bros, I no fit wait o.

I need give my baby my current fone, otherwise I no go hear word for my house o.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LehreMi: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Well maybe you are right.

It seems the device model wasn't made in large quantities compared to other Xiaomi sub-brands

The price tag is also a factor
DragnetisaKuk:

I don't think a lot of Nigerians own one and personally, gaming phones are utterly pointless.

Shalom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Kennyflyair:

Hello boss. I wasn't following this conversation between you two before but reading this prompted this question.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE FROM MIUI 11 TO MIUI 10 WITH THE UPDATE PACKAGE ZIP FILE DOWNLOADED FROM bigota.miui.com

It is not.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
If i had known i would have waited to buy this note 9s... I just carry 104.5 buy note 8 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
LehreMi:
Well maybe you are right.

It seems the device model wasn't made in large quantities compared to other Xiaomi sub-brands

The price tag is also a factor

For me, price was not really a factor but it wasn't worth it. Several reasons for them being pointless in my opinion are,

1. Little to no performance benefits for the price: Why buy a gaming phone when you can buy a flagship killer that has the same performance?

2. Aesthetics: Pleasing for gamers, and no one else.

3. Display: The first Razer phone was wowed for its 120Hz display but now high RR is now common in midrangers so it's not a big deal anymore.

4. Cameras: Most gaming device are tuned for performance only and when you want to use it for anything but, they're severely limited especially in the camera department.

5. Accessories: Initially severally enthusiasts made a case for the extra accessories like shoulder triggers or controllers, but since Dual shock 4 controllers are now paired seamlessly with Android their purposes seems bizzare.

NB: The Asus Rog Phone II is an amazing device with a lot of accessories however the base device is about $600 and if you want all those fancy accessories you need to buy the Tecent Edition for about $1400

PS: Prices are taken at launch should vary accordingly

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
drake49:
If i had known i would have waited to buy this note 9s... I just carry 104.5 buy note 8 pro
Fret not my bro, the Note 8 Pro is an amazing device. You made a great choice.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.6.0.PFLEUXM/miui_ONCLITEEEAGlobal_V11.0.6.0.PFLEUXM_47b6ee7afb_9.0.zip

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

boss thank you so far, it's shows choose update package, but the problem now is that I can't find the downloaded ROM in my internal storage or the sdcard
do I need to install the MIUI 10 update again?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
losdiose:

Yeah

I see no reason buying the device beyond this amount

I concur
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
jinka:

boss thank you so far, it's shows choose update package, but the problem now is that I can't find the downloaded ROM in my internal storage or the sdcard
do I need to install the MIUI 10 update again?

Did you download this ROM from the link I shared with you?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Timblac:
still from Jumia global
Expect your order cancellation mail tomorrow latest!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
atheistandproud:

You're welcome.

Me I'm waiting till December, by then e go don cheap or newer phones go don dey sef grin grin grin grin

Who knows, maybe Naira go don recover.

I hope no be false hope you dey gimme grin make I still fix my money for investment
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

Fret not my bro, the Note 8 Pro is an amazing device. You made a great choice.
yeah man thanks.. Its that seeing everyone talk about it now makes me feel i should av waited.... Anyways am enjoying the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
drake49:

Lol

Not too late. Sell it off and add small money on top but Note 9s..

Someone on the thread store was even offering a swap deal btw note 8 pro and note 9s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

Did you download this ROM from the link I shared with you?

no sir...that's the MIU version 11 that was updated in my phone , that I'm now having slow down
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
AududuNine11:

Lol

Not too late. Sell it off and add small money on top but Note 9s..

Someone on the thread store was even offering a swap deal btw note 8 pro and note 9s
seriously? I didn't see
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brizzle116(m): 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
postdigger:
mine has arrived
ah when?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
jinka:

no sir...that's the MIU version 11 that was updated in my phone , that I'm now having slow down

And I gave you a link to download the ROM again and Re-install. You skipped the first part and went to be looking for a ROM you haven't downloaded.

Another alternative is to backup your files and do a factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
akefemi:
thanks boss, I have done that. It's says error repairing. I even used CMD to format it but it fails
What's the error message? Download SD Card Formatter to format it but if that doesn't fix it, consider a new card. What brand and model of mSD card are we talking about?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
drake49:
seriously? I didn't see
Tobi something is the moniker
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

And I gave you a link to download the ROM again and Re-install. You skipped the first part and went to be looking for a ROM you haven't downloaded.

Another alternative is to backup your files and do a factory reset.

im sorry I didn't know..I will download it right away now, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yetunsbay(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

It is, as well as RN9
good one there. Make I go cancel my jumia order made earlier the week. Computer village tmrw to go get my 9pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LehreMi: 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cool
DragnetisaKuk:

For me, price was not really a factor but it wasn't worth it. Several reasons for them being pointless in my opinion are,

1. Little to no performance benefits for the price: Why buy a gaming phone when you can buy a flagship killer that has the same performance?

2. Aesthetics: Pleasing for gamers, and no one else.

3. Display: The first Razer phone was wowed for its 120Hz display but now high RR is now common in midrangers so it's not a big deal anymore.

4. Cameras: Most gaming device are tuned for performance only and when you want to use it for anything but, they're severely limited especially in the camera department.

5. Accessories: Initially severally enthusiasts made a case for the extra accessories like shoulder triggers or controllers, but since Dual shock 4 controllers are now paired seamlessly with Android their purposes seems bizzare.

NB: The Asus Rog Phone II is an amazing device with a lot of accessories however the base device is about $600 and if you want all those fancy accessories you need to buy the Tecent Edition for about $1400

PS: Prices are taken at launch should vary accordingly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
brizzle116:
ah when?
yesterday night
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
yetunsbay:
good one there. Make I go cancel my jumia order made earlier the week. Computer village tmrw to go get my 9pro

Why not buy from Frankyvall he has some units. Same Lagos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yetunsbay(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

Why not buy from Frankyvall he has some units. Same Lagos.
okay boss....his contact pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brizzle116(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
postdigger:
yesterday night
mehn lucky you ooh..my own has been en route to my location that's 2 hours since yesterday afternoon... I just tire for these guys honestly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
yetunsbay:
okay boss....his contact pls

frankyvalll:

contact o8o38784508/08109268561

Location is Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.