Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9183987 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) (7383) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yetunsbay(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

I appreciate boss. Trust he's genuine
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
yetunsbay:
I appreciate boss. Trust he's genuine
He is
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oxygenlove(m): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
HAPPY SUNDAY GUYS......

AND AM SORRY FOR DERAILING...

But truth be told.... Ever since I've registered on Nairaland.. I've not for once opened Infinix thread .. I tried it today to see what's all about and stuff. . What' you guys have been saying is the pure truth...

1).The thread dry like graveyard.. use up to 40min all i see is me and one guest checking tru..

2). The thread is full of complaints too... like seriously..is either one person selling his/her device or complaints

I thank God for Xiaomi oo ..na so me too for dey join body dey complain inside that dry grave?? abi na so me too go dey carry my precious earned money dey buy 720p and 5000mah with p35 somtin somtin for 90k in 2020-2023??......

Today na Sunday.. I pray God should open the eyes of my fellow transsion die hard fans to see the truth.....Amen

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
Redmi note9s speaker is just something else...just wow!

For sure, the speak is very loud and I like it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mhiztaNexy(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
How far, redmi note 8 or samsung a30?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
drake49:
If i had known i would have waited to buy this note 9s... I just carry 104.5 buy note 8 pro

I don't feel RN9s is an upgrade to the RN8 pro in terms of specs sha

Maybe RN9 pro is the upgrade and then again not much difference between the two.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
ladykilllar:

I don't feel RN9s is an upgrade to the RN8 pro in terms of specs sha

Maybe RN9 pro is the upgrade and then again not much difference between the two.

Save for the cameras on the RN9s it can even be likened to an upgrade from the RN8 Pro.

Modified*
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

RN9s is in every way an upgrade from the RN8. The performance gap is so wide some people wished they had used an older SoC like the SD 712 instead of the 720G. Save for the cameras on the RN9s it can even be likened to an upgrade from the RN8 Pro.
he said 8 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
gsparks01:
he said 8 pro

Oof. My bad.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

And peeps are using MIUI 11 on RN4x without issues. I only experience battery drain once the first few days after an upgrade, follow my usual ritual and it is back to normal.
Please can you share the rituals?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

There is a reason why GrandMufti advices downloading Full ROM and installing atimes
I haven't downloaded the one he said I should download yet. Wanted it to be the last resort and I also don't want to make things worse by not doing it right. Will I lose my files if I download a new ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ovems:

I haven't downloaded the one he said I should download yet. Wanted it to be the last resort and I also don't want to make things worse by not doing it right. Will I lose my files if I download a new ROM?

You won't lose your files
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

You won't lose your files
So the process is straight forward right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ovems:

Please can you share the rituals?

After I do an OTA, I use my battery to a stretch but won't allow it die since i am not recalibrating. Next I turn off and charge to 100%, use it again and repeat. Now during the first few days I force restart my phone randomly I do it severally.

If I notice an abnormal usage pattern let say android android system or cell info and my network was okay, I do a force restart and it takes care of it. If it persists, I download Full ROM and Re-install manually.

NB: Force reboot/restart is holding your power button for 15 secs. It is an equivalent of removing battery and putting back during the days of removable batteries.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ovems:

So the process is straight forward right?

After downloading the ROM follow the steps below

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

Save for the cameras on the RN9s it can even be likened to an upgrade from the RN8 Pro.

Modified*

Is the camera of the RN9s that cool?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

After downloading the ROM follow the steps below

How to manually update..

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Ok. Thank you. Will do it tonight.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
ladykilllar:

note 8 pro camera is better than the one on the 9s handsdown
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smilingjosh: 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
paradigmshift:

No o.
Dope battery..
Security patch 2020-03-01
abeg send am for me this my own they drain ba3 my own nawait abi na the same thing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smilingjosh: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
paradigmshift:

No o. Dope battery.. Security patch 2020-03-01
Shuu na the same thing with my own na why my own com dey drain
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
ladykilllar:

I wouldn't say so. That's the very reason why the RN9 Pro exist to replace the N8 Pro. I was only saying the RN9s is let down in place, not by much mind you, just by the cameras alone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cynsee:

The difference is not wide, forget Megapixels
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cynsee:

Yeah...i guess
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

I wouldn't say so. That's the very reason why the RN9 Pro exist to replace the N8 Pro. I was only saying the RN9s is let down in place, not by much mind you, just by the cameras alone.

Yeah i think i agree with you on that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mustiboy

Transsion won without itel sef

383+475= 858

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Acermoon(m): 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

Use this

Ok thanks bro... Hope no bugs koh?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Acermoon(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tiger2020:
why will you swap your note 8 pro for note 9s

Upgrade but now i know better...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Acermoon(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
LehreMi:
Better hold on to your note 8 pro. I also use the note 8 pro and based on careful comparisons, the RN8 pro is better or at par

Alright... thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Acermoon(m): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Caleb4show:

Better you keep your note 8 pro

Trust me the price doesn’t worth the phone

Alright.... Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
busuyi44:
Mustiboy

Transsion won without itel sef

383+475= 858

Transsion does not make smartphones.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by teeytimi: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please guys is it OK to buy the redmi note 8 32g ROM version. I searched online for note 8 and some version came out at 32g ROM I don't know if these versions are same with the 64g
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
genius43:

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.6.0.PFLEUXM/miui_ONCLITEEEAGlobal_V11.0.6.0.PFLEUXM_47b6ee7afb_9.0.zip

I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT ACCORDING TO YOUR INSTRUCTIONS, MY PHONE IS BACK TO NORMAL AND FASTER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BOSS, YOU ARE REALLY GENIUS. GOD BLESS

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) (7383) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.