Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9353078 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7525) (7526) (7527) (7528) (7529) (7530) (7531) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
Holyfield1:
Quick question please my people

Does the Redmi note 9 have the Second space option as note 8?
All Xiaomi phones with MIUI have Second Space

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holyfield1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
losdiose:

My RN9s wey dey use SD 720G no dey heat no matter the task wey I use am do. Most times, I always do heavy tasks sef.
Does the normal note 9 have the second space option?

I understand you use the note 9s tho wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holyfield1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
genius43:

All Xiaomi phones with MIUI have Second Space
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hi guys. I got a redmi 8 middle of last month. I no even bin reason come here.

But I get problems with the phone. The ram management is beyond awful. My phone would be reading 1.3/4gb, yet, apps would need to refresh.

If I minimize chrome for WhatsApp, within a minute, I'm not exaggerating, by the time I return to Chrome, e go don close!

E don tire me. I was asked to turn off MIUI Optimization in dev options. It's done, but still the same thing.

How do I sort this out?

Phone is still a virgin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hennyola(m): 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
pharmtasy:

Haylou GT1 Plus

Elslim:

https://www.scarbir.com/

Thanks.
On-course with Macbeyland

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
barackodam:

But I get problems with the phone. The ram management is beyond awful. My phone would be reading 1.3/4gb, yet, apps would need to refresh.

If I minimize chrome for WhatsApp, within a minute, I'm not exaggerating, by the time I return to Chrome, e go don close!

E don tire me. I was asked to turn off MIUI Optimization in dev options. It's done, but still the same thing.

How do I sort this out?

Phone is still a virgin
lock the apps to keep them from refreshing. when viewing your recent apps, you would see a padlock icon. click on it �

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamOSneh: 10:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
please advise me I bought redmi note 4 mideatek version 4/64 after 3day of
using I noticed it had ba3 issue sometimes it heat up so silly, wen am on
heavy usage sometimes it switched off itself B4 it can on back I need to plug
my charger B4 it on, so I later knew note 4
mideatek version have ba3 issue, my last note 4 that was
stolen is SD version nd I never experienced all dix issue, so I was advised to
downgrade it to miui 8 stable,it running miui 10, even I was also advised to
change the ba3, so I want to know maybe changing of ba3 or downgrading
will sort d issue, or I should return the phone to the person that Sold it to me
e gave me offer of infinix note 5 or 5000 to fix the phone, should I collect the
infinix note 5 3/32 or collect the 5k to fix the note 4 ba3 please advise me
what should I do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
gsparks01:
lock the apps to keep them from refreshing. when viewing your recent apps, you would see a padlock icon. click on it �

Yes, been doing that. No work around it?

Cos I don't lock all the apps.
Or in stuck with that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ib4real95(m): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
barackodam:

How do I sort this out?

Phone is still a virgin
Just go for stock android. Its a problem with Miui. Although some xiaomi phones with 6gb and above might not have these issue. I can keep up to 15 apps open with non-refreshing on Mia3 4gb version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 11:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good evening all. I need help please. I plugged my phone to charge but when I went to pick it up, it was off. Tried turning it on but only the notification light blinks, even I plug it, just the notification blink. Power and volume button not working either.

What can I do, please?

Phone is redmi note 7.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
elantraceey:
Good evening all. I need help please. I plugged my phone to charge but when I went to pick it up, it was off. Tried turning it on but only the notification light blinks, even I plug it, just the notification blink. Power and volume button not working either.

What can I do, please?

Phone is redmi note 7.

Press and hold power button till it vibrates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sinachi100: 11:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
Las Las.....
Oga Genius43 don epp me solve my battery issue Twale sir grin and some oga in the huz dat also epp me, BABA explosiveskull grin and other ogas in d huz I really appreciate

I love XIAOMI and dis wonda fuuu group grin

And some of you quoting me how can I charge my phone from 0-100 under 45 minutes.. Come and see AMERICAN WONDA grin come test and see my charger nah beastgrin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 11:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

Press and hold power button till it vibrates

I held it for 5 minutes, after the first minute it shopped blinking and no vibration and now it's no longer blinking.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 12:06am On Jul 09, 2020
Please guys I need your help connecting my smart TV to my phone (redmi note 7)

The thing is not connecting at all..

I've clicked on wireless display the tv name poppped up but it refused to connect, through wifi direct I was able to see that I've sent invite to the tv but the tv is yet to connect

Below is an image

The first one, it keeps saying connecting over and over again but won't still connect

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 12:09am On Jul 09, 2020
elantraceey:

I held it for 5 minutes, after the first minute it shopped blinking and no vibration and now it's no longer blinking.

Phewww. I plugged it and held it power button and it came on and started charging from zero. Thank you GrandMufti.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:19am On Jul 09, 2020
elantraceey:

Phewww. I plugged it and held it power button and it came on and started charging from zero. Thank you GrandMufti.

Ok.

Was the battery completely dead?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 12:23am On Jul 09, 2020
GrandMufti:

Ok.

Was the battery completely dead?

No, it wasn't. It was 8% when I plugged it and I even checked later and it was 26%. I was so shocked to meet it off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lharstborn(m): 12:23am On Jul 09, 2020
Please what nice Xiaomi Redmi Note phone within the price range of 39k to 45k can one get? Any seller in the house who can offer their services?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:37am On Jul 09, 2020
elantraceey:

No, it wasn't. It was 8% when I plugged it and I even checked later and it was 26%. I was so shocked to meet it off.

Strange
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:37am On Jul 09, 2020
lharstborn:
Please what nice Xiaomi Redmi Note phone within the price range of 39k to 45k can one get? Any seller in the house who can offer their services?
check thread store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lharstborn(m): 12:45am On Jul 09, 2020
GrandMufti:
check thread store

Link please...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 12:58am On Jul 09, 2020
First go to the wifi direct, click options and pair with the TV. Once it is paired/connected, then go back to cast screen, it should connect straight up.
Had same issue too

tellsblinks:

I've clicked on wireless display the tv name poppped up but it refused to connect, through wifi direct I was able to see that I've sent invite to the tv but the tv is yet to connect

Below is an image

The first one, it keeps saying connecting over and over again but won't still connect

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 1:11am On Jul 09, 2020
ib4real95:

Just go for stock android. Its a problem with Miui. Although some xiaomi phones with 6gb and above might not have these issue. I can keep up to 15 apps open with non-refreshing on Mia3 4gb version

Yeah, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mahkanjuh: 1:27am On Jul 09, 2020
tellsblinks:

Below is an image

Same with my redmi note 7, instead of connected, it will show invited exactly like yours
But, with my wife's redmi note 8....na one click, the thing go cast
I don give up on RN7 self say it must some software or hardware ish
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:20am On Jul 09, 2020
elantraceey:

Battery was dead all along, at least your mind don come down.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 5:04am On Jul 09, 2020
Hennyola:

Thanks.
On-course with Macbeyland

Uw bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thorby(m): 5:43am On Jul 09, 2020
tellsblinks:

Below is an image

Click on cast from the notification panel. It should connect from there. I've done this both with RN5 and RN7. They both worked perfectly.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 7:01am On Jul 09, 2020
A Great Morning to everyone
Over 10 pages and mostly what I see are COMPLAINTS ABOUT XIAOMI DEVICES AND REASONABLE SOLUTIONS TO THEM.
This is what we want and need here because this was why the thread was created in the first place.
I appreciate all efforts by everyone doing this in a very respectful and matured way.
Since I can't mention everyone's name since it's impossible.
God bless you all and have wonderful weekend
Keep safe

19 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mummyson26(m): 7:22am On Jul 09, 2020
tellsblinks:

Below is an image

It won't, d only way out is to connect both ur phone and TV to d same hotspot first before casting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 7:27am On Jul 09, 2020
ibawon:
A Great Morning to everyone
Over 10 pages and mostly what I see are COMPLAINTS ABOUT XIAOMI DEVICES AND REASONABLE SOLUTIONS TO THEM.
This is what we want and need here because this was why the thread was created in the first place.
I appreciate all efforts by everyone doing this in a very respectful and matured way.
Since I can't mention everyone's name since it's impossible.
God bless you all and have wonderful weekend
Keep safe
Yes, kudos to Grandmufti, Gptech and the amiable lady Genius43

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mummyson26(m): 7:28am On Jul 09, 2020
mahkanjuh:

Same with my redmi note 7, instead of connected, it will show invited exactly like yours
But, with my wife's redmi note 8....na one click, the thing go cast
I don give up on RN7 self say it must some software or hardware ish
In ur case use ur madam note8 as an hotspot then connect both d TV and ur own phone to ur madam hotspot and try it after that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzlite: 7:38am On Jul 09, 2020
genius43:

Last time I checked, I was a GIRL. Boy skedaddle outta here. Go and play with your mates.

FIXED

(1) (2) (3) ... (7525) (7526) (7527) (7528) (7529) (7530) (7531) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.