Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9353202 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7526) (7527) (7528) (7529) (7530) (7531) (7532) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2020
mummyson26:

It won't, d only way out is to connect both ur phone and TV to d same hotspot first before casting
my tv automatically disconnects from the hotspot onoder to create connectiom for my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2020
I need Mi phone around 40k.

used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2020
ibawon:
A Great Morning to everyone
Over 10 pages and mostly what I see are COMPLAINTS ABOUT XIAOMI DEVICES AND REASONABLE SOLUTIONS TO THEM.
This is what we want and need here because this was why the thread was created in the first place.
I appreciate all efforts by everyone doing this in a very respectful and matured way.
Since I can't mention everyone's name since it's impossible.
God bless you all and have wonderful weekend
Keep safe
be mature and do giveaway cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzlite: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2020
Drabeey:
I need Mi phone around 40k.

used

Pls text 08111144405

Drabeey was here

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olaideslex(m): 7:47am On Jul 09, 2020
Please I need a vooc charger with like 2meters cable for my oppo Reno 2F. Kindly assist with a plug
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:55am On Jul 09, 2020
olaideslex:
Please I need a vooc charger with like 2meters cable for my oppo Reno 2F. Kindly assist with a plug

Alixpress,eBay or Amazon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GogetterMD(m): 8:05am On Jul 09, 2020
GogetterMD:
Review coming up... Stay tuned grin
Out of the box, is the coral green color option of the Mi 10 8/256. Box contains the phone, 30w charger, type C cable, transparent hard case (more like a hybrid between silicon and nilkin case), Sim ejector tool. This option is the global version (single Sim).
On the first look, you'd notice the beautiful aesthetics and attention to detail in the design of the phone. Brushed aluminum metal covered with gorilla glass front and back (I think corning gorilla glass 5).

Powered on and set up in no time. It's good that it has the option to transfer your files from your old xiaomi device to this one over local wireless. Google setup also done.

After powering on, first thing you'd notice is the incredibly crisp display. A blend of appropriate contrast, sharpness, and color. Though it's a FullHD display, you can barely tell the difference with a 2K display (I have used 2K displays from the LG phone range before, so I can tell). The bezeless edged display also gives a beautiful feel for those who love this.

The global version ships with the Global MUIU 11, and very few bloatware compared to the CN version. Also comes pre-installed with GApps, so you don't need stressing to get your Google apps.

Scrolling through the phone was as smooth and smooth can be, and you could almost immediately notice the 90Hz refresh rate of the screen. Charging out of the box took about 20 mins to get it from 65% to 100%. It supports 30w wireless charging but I don't think I'd be investing in a wireless charger for now.

During initial use, I shared Wi-Fi from my other phone for the initial setup. After a while the phone started to heat up a lil bit (I use a lot of apps though, so I had to reinstall them all). The battery dropped about 35% after like 2hrs. This got me worried. The battery has been steady strong after doing a security update for May, the battery life and heating issues seems to have gone away. Did 45 minutes of music on 80% volume with Wi-Fi on and the battery dropped just 1%. Yet to do a rigorous gaming and video test on the battery.

My favorite games on Android are War Robots (PvP), PUBG, and Asphalt 9. Tested the 3 games on it yesterday. Connection was good on PUBG and War robots was good. Game play was very smooth, and you could easily tell when game play is sustained above 60FPS. Heat generation was very tolerable also, compared to the last Snapdragon I used (SD835). On-screen controls for the games were great, with very fast response. I also tried the Asphalt 9 with it (using the Glap mobile controller). Awesome graphics, great response.

I am yet to give the device a full day testing because I've been busy. Also yet to do a camera test. I might update with that later.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:09am On Jul 09, 2020
Praxtech:

Yes, kudos to Grand.mufti, Gp.tech and the amiable lady Genius.43

Please stop the character assassination, I am no lady. If you have a proof of me been a lady bring it on I am waiting.

You can bring all your alternate accounts as well, I know them all.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamOSneh: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2020
please advise me I bought redmi note 4 mideatek version 4/64 after 3day of
using I noticed it had ba3 issue sometimes it heat up so silly, wen am on
heavy usage sometimes it switched off itself B4 it can on back I need to plug
my charger B4 it on, so I later knew note 4
mideatek version have ba3 issue, my last note 4 that was
stolen is SD version nd I never experienced all dix issue, so I was advised to
downgrade it to miui 8 stable,it running miui 10, even I was also advised to
change the ba3, so I want to know maybe changing of ba3 or downgrading
will sort d issue, or I should return the phone to the person that Sold it to me
e gave me offer of infinix note 5 or 5000 to fix the phone, should I collect the
infinix note 5 3/32 or collect the 5k to fix the note 4 ba3 please advise me
what should I do? please respond to my question
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2020
JamOSneh:
will sort d issue, or I should return the phone to the person that Sold it to me
e gave me offer of infinix note 5 or 5000 to fix the phone, should I collect the

Oga you are spamming every thread

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2020
JamOSneh:

Return it and collect the Infinix Note 5. Changing battery won't fix anything. The mediatek version of Redmi Note 4 is shit. In fact, it's awful.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:17am On Jul 09, 2020
JamOSneh:

Must you start the narration from start on every thread, you have been advised to return the phone and collect as much money as you can.

Next time make proper research and if you have to buy a used phone don't go so much back memory lane except the seller is a known associate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GogetterMD(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2020
GogetterMD:

Out of the box, is the coral green color option of the Mi 10 8/256. Box contains the phone, 30w charger, type C cable, transparent hard case (more like a hybrid between silicon and nilkin case), Sim ejector tool. This option is the global version (single Sim).
On the first look, you'd notice the beautiful aesthetics and attention to detail in the design of the phone. Brushed aluminum metal covered with gorilla glass front and back (I think corning gorilla glass 5).

Powered on and set up in no time. It's good that it has the option to transfer your files from your old xiaomi device to this one over local wireless. Google setup also done.

After powering on, first thing you'd notice is the incredibly crisp display. A blend of appropriate contrast, sharpness, and color. Though it's a FullHD display, you can barely tell the difference with a 2K display (I have used 2K displays from the LG phone range before, so I can tell). The bezeless edged display also gives a beautiful feel for those who love this.

The global version ships with the Global MUIU 11, and very few bloatware compared to the CN version. Also comes pre-installed with GApps, so you don't need stressing to get your Google apps.

Scrolling through the phone was as smooth and smooth can be, and you could almost immediately notice the 90Hz refresh rate of the screen. Charging out of the box took about 20 mins to get it from 65% to 100%. It supports 30w wireless charging but I don't think I'd be investing in a wireless charger for now.

During initial use, I shared Wi-Fi from my other phone for the initial setup. After a while the phone started to heat up a lil bit (I use a lot of apps though, so I had to reinstall them all). The battery dropped about 35% after like 2hrs. This got me worried. The battery has been steady strong after doing a security update for May, the battery life and heating issues seems to have gone away. Did 45 minutes of music on 80% volume with Wi-Fi on and the battery dropped just 1%. Yet to do a rigorous gaming and video test on the battery.

My favorite games on Android are War Robots (PvP), PUBG, and Asphalt 9. Tested the 3 games on it yesterday. Connection was good on PUBG and War robots was good. Game play was very smooth, and you could easily tell when game play is sustained above 60FPS. Heat generation was very tolerable also, compared to the last Snapdragon I used (SD835). On-screen controls for the games were great, with very fast response. I also tried the Asphalt 9 with it (using the Glap mobile controller). Awesome graphics, great response.

I am yet to give the device a full day testing because I've been busy. Also yet to do a camera test. I might update with that later.

Cynsee
​MrViktor
​Telvin7
​Brizzle116
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2020
genius43:

Please stop the character assassination, I am no lady. If you have a proof of me been a lady bring it on I am waiting.

You can bring all your alternate accounts as well, I know them all.
He's obviously just pulling your legs cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2020
Abey any link for GCAM NOTE 9S?? AND SETTINGS TOO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2020
mathefaro:

He is not, he is back from Nairaland prison after insults he dropped here, he has been using his alternate jazz.lite since. He is easy to spot.

He became a troll because he couldn't afford to change his Redmi 7 battery that went bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2020
MilesLamar:

Use the search bar, I am not risking any ban for something that have been shared severally
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2020
genius43:

He is not, he is back from Nairaland prison after insults he dropped here, he has been using his alternate jazz.lite since. He is easy to spot.

He became a troll because he couldn't afford to change his Redmi 7 battery that went bad.
Oh I see...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2020
MilesLamar:
just type gcam redmi note 9s in the search bar
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 8:28am On Jul 09, 2020
genius43:

Use the search bar, I am not risking any ban for something that have been shared severally

if I been see am b4 I no 4 ask
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 8:29am On Jul 09, 2020
mathefaro:
just type gcam redmi note 9s in the search bar

Thanks man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamOSneh: 8:30am On Jul 09, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Return it and collect the Infinix Note 5. Changing battery won't fix anything. The mediatek version of Redmi Note 4 is shit. In fact, it's awful.
thanks so much this is kind of advice am waiting to hear
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 8:31am On Jul 09, 2020
genius43:

Babe howdy... lunch date...just to get to know you better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 8:32am On Jul 09, 2020
olayinkajnr:

A very rare advice. Kudos for your boldness
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamOSneh: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2020
genius43:

Must you start the narration from start on every thread, you have been advised to return the phone and collect as much money as you can.

Next time make proper research and if you have to buy a used phone don't go so much back memory lane except the seller is a known associate.
okay boss thanks for ur respond I want be asure that is why
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2020
mathefaro:
Planning to ruin my chycking?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 8:36am On Jul 09, 2020
GogetterMD:

Beautiful device. Have a great ownership experience

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:52am On Jul 09, 2020
Ok

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:54am On Jul 09, 2020
Jemerson:
Ok

He is viewing with his alternate now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2020
genius43:

He is viewing with his alternate now.

cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by collitexnaira(m): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2020
My observation
Redmi note 8 pro camera is better than the Gcam
The difference is much

(1) (2) (3) ... (7526) (7527) (7528) (7529) (7530) (7531) (7532) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.