Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9252612 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7633) (7634) (7635) (7636) (7637) (7638) (7639) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
vickyhow:

Is this redmi 7??
How is the ba3 of the phone?
Price?
yea.
very good battery life (we paid the price by settling for 720p display sha). one full charge takes you through the whole day, I charge twice sometimes sha cuz I play ppsspp at my leisure time.
bought it 47k but there are definitely better deals if you would check the Xiaomi thread store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lmao, I expected this seriously grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Themaths(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
Alfabest07:
I greet everyone on this thread.
Please i need your input to help me out of my Dilemma..

MI note 10 lite
MI 10 youth.. Which would you advice?

Jumping ships from my Nokia 8 which i've enjoyed since 2017

Would have gone for the normal MI note 10 but dont have the extra cash, will be miss the two telephoto lenses tho cry
The Mi 10 youth is better in 2 regards, SD765 and having 5G (which you might both be needing for a few years...lol) and maybe the periscope telephoto cam--If you are into photography.

But the Mi 10 youth has a lower battery mah, 4160 against 5250mah, it's slightly more expensive, it's made specifically for China, hence no Glo 4G band, doesn't have FM and lesser charging wattage.

I hope this helped. Cheers!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
Is anyone still using redmi note 5 Pro in this thread?
Bought redmi note 8 Pro few days back but still hesitant to move files and start using it.
I am still enjoying my redmi note 5 Pro. The phone is just slick and fast.
Anyone who have upgraded from redmi note 5 Pro to note 8 pro here please? How's the experience so far?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hi guys, I just shattered the glass of my mi pad 4
Everything still works fine but the screen is really cracked up
Should I just order for screen only or there's anything else like digitizer to buy as well.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanrezy: 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
How can I change the following fonts for my Redmi note 9s? Do that have to use a third party app?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
lanrezy:
How can I change the following fonts for my Redmi note 9s? Do that have to use a third party app?

Theme app.

Change region to India (settings>additional settings>region)
Go to theme app, locate the font tab. Choose a font of your choice, download and apply. When you are satisfied with your decision change your region back to Nigeria.

Next time, use the Xiaomi Compilation thread

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danielbobosky(m): 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
flawless911:
My battery life has not been the same since I used one Samsung 9V Fast Charger like that.. Yes I don't know if its original or fake but it gave me up to 2.5A

Use it for a month, yh my fone was charging extremely fast, but I noticed my battery life was dropping daily.. Till I just stopped using it and went back to my standard 5V/2A charger

But since then my battery life hasn't gone back to normal and now it's getting worse and worse cry

I'm not trying to discourage anybody from using a super fast mega speed charger ohh.. But for me, m done with that.. Never again cry

It takes like 30mins to drop from 100% to 90%, and if I just unplug it and don't use it for a few hours, that 100% go use im hand dey drop small small cry
M in sifia pains right now

Got to raise money now and buy a new battery cos I have no plans to change this fone.. I too love this Note 7 cry cry

Please, what is the name of your theme and font?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
papiforreal:
Bought redmi note 8 Pro few days back but still hesitant to move files and start using it.
Anyone who have upgraded from redmi note 5 Pro to note 8 pro here please? How's the experience so far?

You obviously bought what you did not need, otherwise you'll have sold the note 5 by now

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reyhzor(m): 12:03am On Jul 30, 2020
confistified:
MiUI 12 update for Mi9t cheesy
Guy region?
I don tire to wait
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Saviolamemphix(m): 1:18am On Jul 30, 2020
Please how can I get my verification code cos I want to confirm if my new redmi 8 is global version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sofdoc1: 1:41am On Jul 30, 2020
flawless911:
My battery life has not been the same since I used one Samsung 9V Fast Charger like that.. Yes I don't know if its original or fake but it gave me up to 2.5A

Use it for a month, yh my fone was charging extremely fast, but I noticed my battery life was dropping daily.. Till I just stopped using it and went back to my standard 5V/2A charger

But since then my battery life hasn't gone back to normal and now it's getting worse and worse cry

I'm not trying to discourage anybody from using a super fast mega speed charger ohh.. But for me, m done with that.. Never again cry

It takes like 30mins to drop from 100% to 90%, and if I just unplug it and don't use it for a few hours, that 100% go use im hand dey drop small small cry
M in sifia pains right now

Got to raise money now and buy a new battery cos I have no plans to change this fone.. I too love this Note 7 cry cry

It drops to 90 with pressing or without?

Feel like my own battery is bad also. Drops really fast...I think.

How long does it take for a good 4000mah battery to charge from 0-100 using a 10w (5v-2A) charger.

Don't really know how to test the battery to know it's health.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:20am On Jul 30, 2020
Saviolamemphix:
Please how can I get my verification code cos I want to confirm if my new redmi 8 is global version
Which one is verification code again?

Just post a picture of your Carton. And share a screenshot of your about phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 6:33am On Jul 30, 2020
Saviolamemphix:
Used or new? If u v access to the phone, go to settings---->about phone, scroll down till you see certification, click on the certification. U will see Chinese characters if it is a Global ROM , u will see English if it's a Global version

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 7:09am On Jul 30, 2020
xoftxoul
Sorry for the spider web on ur screen. Better to order a backup screen now. U know it takes time now for order to arrive. U can contact Macbeyland for one too

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 7:14am On Jul 30, 2020
papiforreal:

Sell your 5 pro then, am interested.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 7:21am On Jul 30, 2020
genius43:

Is Mediatek a disease?

Left for me if I wasn't moved as a RN5 user to get the RN8 last year, I won't consider it and the RN9 this year. The RN9s is more suited if you have the funds

What most peeps don't know is that mediatek is now taking shape, especially for their latest drops( the Helio and G series).

Xiaomi will always add features that will matchup with Snapdragon in their Mtk phones.

E.g Redmi note 4 with Mtk uses 10 cores while the 4x with Snapdragon uses 8 cores.

And you cannot underestimate the note 4 Mtk coz it's also an awesome device.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 7:26am On Jul 30, 2020
xoftxoul:
Should I just order for screen only or there's anything else like digitizer to buy as well.
Thanks in advance

@ genius43 GrandMufti olayinkajnr jboixxx
I Need ya advice please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:27am On Jul 30, 2020
Igemburg:

What most peeps don't know is that mediatek is now taking shape, especially for their latest drops( the Helio and G series).

Xiaomi will always add features that will matchup with Snapdragon in their Mtk phones.

E.g Redmi note 4 with Mtk uses 10 cores while the 4x with Snapdragon uses 8 cores.

And you cannot underestimate the note 4 Mtk coz it's also an awesome device.

The Redmi Note 4 was a disaster. Xiaomi self know.That Chipset was an error and Mediatek knew that is why they killed the X Series. Don't try to make excuses for RN4 MTK.

But if you say the new Dimensity series and the G series are great I won't argue that at all. The Dimensity 820 and 1000+ are a torn in Snapdragon flesh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2020
Danielbobosky:

Please, what is the name of your theme and font?
Theme and font are the things you could "contribute"? This laif isn't balance truly. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:41am On Jul 30, 2020
xoftxoul:
Thanks in advance
You can order the complete LCD or order the digitiser only if money is @n issue. In the meantime, get a tampered glass or go to those phone accessories store and apply a film on it to help hold the cracks together until you're ready to change.

I'll go for digitiser only IF I can't get an AAA LCD/screen

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2020
jboixxx:
You can order the complete LCD or order the digitiser only if money is @n issue. In the meantime, get a tampered glass or go to those phone accessories store and apply a film on it to help hold the cracks together until you're ready to change.

I'll go for digitiser only IF I can't get an AAA LCD/screen
Thanks for your time boss
I hope I won't be asking too much of you
Please can you help with a link to a complete AAA LCD/screen?
My screen size is 8inches
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2020
xoftxoul:

Let me check or better still, let Macbey.land help with this since he's into replacement screens and it'll arrive faster.

Check this (1) or this one (2). Both are not indicated to be AAA but review of (1) is ok. Note that both gives digitiser only and full LCD options.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danielbobosky(m): 8:15am On Jul 30, 2020
jboixxx:
Theme and font are the things you could "contribute"? This laif isn't balance truly. grin

Hehe cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mironak(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2020
ucee64:
I'm officially a xiaomi user guys.i bought my note 9 yesterday
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Congrats boss wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2020
xoftxoul:

#Aliexpress NGN 4,228.19 6%OFF | For Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Mipad 4 LCD screen Display+Touch panel Digitizer Replacement For xiaomi mi pad 4 LCD
https: //a. aliexpress. com/_dZPjvjr

Remove spacing.

I will suggest buying buying the full assembly panel.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toniotonero(m): 8:33am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toniotonero(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2020
sofdoc1:

It drops to 90 with pressing or without?

Feel like my own battery is bad also. Drops really fast...I think.

How long does it take for a good 4000mah battery to charge from 0-100 using a 10w (5v-2A) charger.

Don't really know how to test the battery to know it's health.
2hrs:45mins
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sam2310(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2020
sajmark:

yea.
very good battery life (we paid the price by settling for 720p display sha). one full charge takes you through the whole day, I charge twice sometimes sha cuz I play ppsspp at my leisure time.
bought it 47k but there are definitely better deals if you would check the Xiaomi thread store.
share me link of the ppsspp games na or screenshot make i go find some. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olamyyde(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2020
zainkay:
I watched the speed test of RN9 G85 and RN8 665, though they used the 4gb variants, and the G85 handles app far better than 665 on RN8, I also watched the R9 edged the RN8 on speed test with the G80 processor..

Considering the power of the G85 processor, do you think there will much difference in Ram Management between RN9 3gb and RN8 4gb since the G80 on R9 even edged RN8 in speed test??
Go for the rn8 4gb. Rn8 is extremely smooth in any non-gaming task. Na only extreme high graphics gaming dey give the phone issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2020
Sam2310:
share me link of the ppsspp games na or screenshot make i go find some. grin
If you need further assistance check the mobile gaming thread make we for avoid further derailing of the thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olamyyde(m): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2020
Since xiaomi doesn't want to give us official Android 10,we had to take matters into our hands undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7633) (7634) (7635) (7636) (7637) (7638) (7639) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.