Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9163193 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7708) (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 6:19am On Aug 14, 2020
endemophy:
Hello guys, I just bought my redmi note 9 but d phone is still on miui11 I thought is supposed to be on miui12
only the redmi 9a came with miui 12 out of the box, in the 9 series.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:31am On Aug 14, 2020
jboixxx:
Nothing is impossible!

yes o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:33am On Aug 14, 2020
StRichard:
let him get his own statement of account

I have called my bank and i was told the transaction was successful. I was given a reference number to give him and he should contact his bank.

he said he would contact them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mironak(m): 6:37am On Aug 14, 2020
Ifabernard:
pls someone should recommend call recorder for my RN8 nah...I need dt tin asap.
Download ACR call Recorder

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 6:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Mustiboy:
Where else can I download the Android 10 for RN7 other than the Updater app. It tends to fail too much.

Nothing much about this update but battery hasn't been good as before after download. Phone at idle overnight from 100% dropped to 89% without pressing it, also fingerprint unlock doesn't respond welI even after removing and creating another one. I shock ooo been using Battery savers mode since then and using pin to unlock when fingerprints no response. I am planning to downgrade it back to 9 sed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2020
suco01:

Nothing much about this update but battery hasn't been good as before after download. Phone at idle overnight from 100% dropped to 89% without pressing it, also fingerprint unlock doesn't respond welI even after removing and creating another one. I shock ooo been using Battery savers mode since then and using pin to unlock when fingerprints no response. I am planning to downgrade it back to 9 sed
You can't roll back cos you'll brick your phone, not soft bricking ooo, the hard ones that will require edl. What you'll do is to download that same rom manually and update cos maybe during your OTA downloading, there was a network issue that got some files corrupt or stuffs like that.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Gptech:

EEA rom or Xiaomi.eu custom rom?. You should only download the EEA ROM if that's what you already have. If you want Xiaomi.eu rom, I hope you are aware you have to unlock bootloader and flash a custom recovery first?
it's the EEA rom.
I refreshed now and the update came up... Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emmohh(m): 7:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Good morning to y'all. Pls I really need y'all help. I notice whenever I hide some files on my RN8 after some days I won't find it there again. Pls help me out to recover this files it's very important to me. This will be the 3rd time it's happening to me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2020
suco01:

Android 10 update done. Thanks GPtech.

Suco01, I don't know where your problem is coming from.

As for me, battery life has been better—especially standby time—and my phone is now buttery smooth. Waiting for MIUI 12. cool

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2020
sajmark:

only the redmi 9a came with miui 12 out of the box, in the 9 series.

And maybe Redmi 9C too, since nobody is using it yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2020
Mustiboy:

Android 10 update done. Thanks GPtech.

Suco01, I don't know where your problem is coming from.

As for me, battery life has been better—especially standby time—and my phone is now buttery smooth. Waiting for MIUI 12. cool

Me sef no understand ooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2020
explosiveskull:

You can't roll back cos you'll brick your phone, not soft bricking ooo, the hard ones that will require edl. What you'll do is to download that same rom manually and update cos maybe during your OTA downloading, there was a network issue that got some files corrupt or stuffs like that.

Okay chief

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:36am On Aug 14, 2020
suco01:

Me sef no understand ooo.
dem go give you another update to correct those issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ozemestats(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2020
sajmark:

it can be sideloaded to work on any redmi device LCD or amoled
Pls, how?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2020
ozemestats:

Pls, how?
Google gat you covered. But watch out for your battery though.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 8:53am On Aug 14, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Please anyone, How can I stop these files from multiplying everyday. I don't know what they are, or what causes them.

So, no one could help me with this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:11am On Aug 14, 2020
jboixxx:
Kofa ya face joor grin grin grin grin. I'm coming to collect ya phone. Na Genius43's I go collect fes before coming ya side
me wey go enjoy miui 12 till the end before letting go sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

So, no one could help me with this
definitely the miui gallery app is responsible for those files, have you disabled auto sync for the gallery app?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flytime: 9:15am On Aug 14, 2020
KanyeSouthWest:
Lol. Its not that joor... I think I got it via a WhatsApp group
yh...I've gotten a similar app through a WhatsApp group in the past,the only difference is that I was able to uninstall it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mhaey01(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2020
For those using Google phone and needs recording , try and update the phone apps on play store, recording now comes with it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:30am On Aug 14, 2020
Aceed:
please guys...honest reviews...which should i go for between lg v20 and redmi 7

Considering the fact a redmi 7a is around 32k (probably has exceeded)

Redmi 7or 8 of 32GB/3GB will be higher than my budget
where did you see it(lg v20)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

dem go give you another update to correct those issues

Okay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotayos01(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2020
sajmark:

definitely the miui gallery app is responsible for those files, have you disabled auto sync for the gallery app?
See.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2020
Aceed:
please guys...honest reviews...which should i go for between lg v20 and redmi 7

Considering the fact a redmi 7a is around 32k (probably has exceeded)

Redmi 7or 8 of 32GB/3GB will be higher than my budget

The LG v20 is better. But it is an old device that stopped updating Android OS at Android Pie.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2020
Mhaey01:
For those using Google phone and needs recording , try and update the phone apps on play store, recording now comes with it

Examples of Google phones apart from Pixels?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Aceed: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2020
Tiger2020:
where did you see it(lg v20)

check aliexpress or adeboynoni
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mhaey01(m): 10:54am On Aug 14, 2020
isco10:

Examples of Google phones apart from Pixels?
I never mentioned Google devices or phones... Google Phone is an app, just like Google applications.. Eg, Google Photos,

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2020
KanyeSouthWest:
I see this Sh*t Amongst my Apps any time I open my Xender, and I can't Find it anywhere on my Phone to Uninstall it, I only see it via Xender... Any One has an idea how I can Uninstall it? cry cry

Actually, That is an ad from Xender. Notice the dot before "Fxxk me". It doesn't appear on other installed apps.
The moment you click on that app, it will attempt to install. If you gave Xender enough permissions, it will install it and you will actually...be forked. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:39am On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

If it is Redmi 8 or a large update, sometimes it is best to download manually and install.
Sir genius, is it safe to do manual update to Android 10 on my Redmi 8 even though it's hasn't been officially released? I got a link on the Redmi 8 thread and i have downloaded it but am afraid of updating. Please your expert opinion needed, thanks....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2020
Guy, who is on MIUI 12 and was able to successfully deactivate SIM registration service.

I can't seem to find a way to deactivate the ish. They wouldn't show me system apps.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 14, 2020
Mhaey01:

I never mentioned Google devices or phones... Google Phone is an app, just like Google applications.. Eg, Google Photos,

I still can't see any call recorder feature on my phone, maybe it's only available to beta testers such as yourself for now undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7708) (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) ... (9314) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.