Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9279401 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7766) (7767) (7768) (7769) (7770) (7771) (7772) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Engineersolutio: 4:38am On Aug 31, 2020
My redmi note 9s keep on locking emergency counting down on minutes of seconds before I can try my password pin again please what would have been the course and my second rejected my password this morning what I rebooted my phone it keep on rejecting it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 4:55am On Aug 31, 2020
Protein0:
is there actually a phone brand that sells replacement parts?
My brother! None that I know of. When he said OEM battery. I had to make him know that what he was asking for could only be gotten inside a brand new phone of same model like his own.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrainyPaul: 5:47am On Aug 31, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please where can i get a phone case for my xiaomi redmi note 9s in Ibadan?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keraxes: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2020
BrainyPaul:
Good morning everyone. Please where can i get a phone case for my xiaomi redmi note 9s in Ibadan?
I have xiaomi Redmi note 8 6gb ram for sale. Brand new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:37am On Aug 31, 2020
Engineersolutio:
My redmi note 9s keep on locking emergency counting down on minutes of seconds before I can try my password pin again please what would have been the course and my second rejected my password this morning what I rebooted my phone it keep on rejecting it.

Force Restart and try again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acedsportsng: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2020
Keraxes:

I have xiaomi Redmi note 8 6gb ram for sale. Brand new

I don't understand. Did the person you quoted say he wants to buy a phone?

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honey001(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2020
Kennyflyair:

I was once in your shoes in choosing between umidigi and xiaomi products. After some research on Aliexpress comment section and other sources, I discovered a few things that discouraged me about purchasing umidigi:

1. their battery capacity is not always up to what you expect. meaning a 4000Mah umidigi may not last as long as a 4000Mah xiaomi

2. umidigi seems to have some serious bugs in their software which may not be all that common in xiaomi.

3. I'm not sure if. umidigi devices receive official android updates (like android 9 to 10 etc)

But when it comes to specs and price umidigi will pull you. Their a7pro is 4/64 (if I'm not wrong) while the 9a is 2/32 and both are almost the same price.

Choose wisely

Ps: I'm not defaming any brand. Just sharing what I think I know about these devices.

Thanks so much for this… It will surely help me in taking final decision…

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honey001(m): 7:57am On Aug 31, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Umidigi A7 Pro..
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honey001(m): 7:58am On Aug 31, 2020
Meister:

The 9a has a slightly better processor and battery but I would choose the a7 pro if I was in your shoes

Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2020
happy662:
he should follow my screenshot and d deduction will stop.

Both ways works.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Engineersolutio: 8:52am On Aug 31, 2020
genius43:

Force Restart and try again

I have done that still the same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dazzy4real(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2020
genius43:

No Redmi Note 7 Global Version have gotten MIUI 12 so I don't know where the confusion is coming from

Oh thanks. I understand better now, I'm on global as well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FENZY24(m): 9:31am On Aug 31, 2020
Pls i need a local vendor i can buy note6bro battery its BN48
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MartinsD12(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2020
Kennyflyair:

I was once in your shoes in choosing between umidigi and xiaomi products. After some research on Aliexpress comment section and other sources, I discovered a few things that discouraged me about purchasing umidigi:

1. their battery capacity is not always up to what you expect. meaning a 4000Mah umidigi may not last as long as a 4000Mah xiaomi

2. umidigi seems to have some serious bugs in their software which may not be all that common in xiaomi.

3. I'm not sure if. umidigi devices receive official android updates (like android 9 to 10 etc)

But when it comes to specs and price umidigi will pull you. Their a7pro is 4/64 (if I'm not wrong) while the 9a is 2/32 and both are almost the same price.

Choose wisely

Ps: I'm not defaming any brand. Just sharing what I think I know about these devices.
Well said xiaomi products always give value for money even their power bank last longer than other brands, value for money is the key factor here. Umidigi is not there yet.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keraxes: 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2020
acedsportsng:

Lol thanks my mind was on something else
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Taal17: 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
anyone with
Redmi note 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Engineersolutio: 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
Once I reboot my note 9s my phone will request password instead of finger print to enter second space but once I miss my password on the first attempt to enter second space my phone will ask me to wait for 30,000 seconds before I can try again is about 8 hours please can someone explain to me what to do in other to enter the second space sooner that 30 thousand seconds.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
Engineersolutio:
Once I reboot my note 9s my phone will request password instead of finger print to enter second space but once I miss my password on the first attempt to enter second space my phone will ask me to wait for 30,000 seconds before I can try again is about 8 hours please can someone explain to me what to do in other to enter the second space sooner that 30 thousand seconds.
Every phone asks for Password instead of fingerprint when rebooted ...I dunno about d 30,000 seconds part tho...

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kennyflyair:

Choose wisely

The A7 pro sports a 16nm chipset which If the battery consumption is compared to a phone such as the RN8,it might not be the same story... so ur number one assertion might be very correct...
2; Umidigi does not have the funds Xiaomi has for Research & Development so again this ur number 2 assertion might be correct...They Even sometimes use the preorder funds to produce phones to meet sales....Like u are basically paying for the production of the phone you hired ..
3; The a5 pro didn't receive d a10 but ROMs can be flashed to meet such needs
These factors nonetheless,, the A7 pro is actually value for money so it is worth your consideration even above the 9a...boils down to ur final decision

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
acedsportsng:

E shake me too bro...I no understand am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajineita: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
Protein0:

Cc blackarab
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
acedsportsng:

E shock me too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdeiz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
Please I need advice choosing between 9s and 9pro.. I am leaning towards the 9s due to the lower price and it seems its worth it because the difference between it and 9pro is just camera I guess.. Let me know if there's any other difference.

Should I go for the 9s if I don't care about the camera differences?

PS.. I shave used note 7 for sale 4/64GB
Reach me on 07033448466
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nonny400(m): 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Engineersolutio:

You're lucky it's not 600 years they gave you. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Keiyadosh:
The A7 pro sports a 16nm chipset which If the battery consumption is compared to a phone such as the RN8,it might not be the same story... so ur number one assertion might be very correct...
2; Umidigi does not have the funds Xiaomi has for Research & Development so again this ur number 2 assertion might be correct...They Even sometimes use the preorder funds to produce phones to meet sales....Like u are basically paying for the production of the phone you hired ..
3; The a5 pro didn't receive d a10 but ROMs can be flashed to meet such needs
These factors nonetheless,, the A7 pro is actually value for money so it is worth your consideration even above the 9a...boils down to ur final decision

You're very correct about no. 2. Until I discovered Umidigi, I had never seen a brand that depends on the money from customers' pre-orders to produce phones. That is, the customers have to place an order before Umidig produce the phones.

That means they are short on funds, although they are a bigger brand now and should have enough money.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
abdeiz:
Please I need advice choosing between 9s and 9pro.. I am leaning towards the 9s due to the lower price and it seems its worth it because the difference between it and 9pro is just camera I guess.. Let me know if there's any other difference.

Reach me on 07033448466

RN9 Pro.

Faster Charging and NFC. If you are a gamer the 9S GPU is slightly underclocked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

LOL. One of my friends already sold his..����

Na September/October be unofficial ETA now.
I feel like selling mine too. Them really wicked rn8. Who knows maybe after the long waited update maybe the phone go ever see any update again other than security patches
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nonny400(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
abdeiz:

Reach me on 07033448466

Get the 9s. It's the same as the pro, the 64mp is not really different. I use the 9s.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
genius43:

Reappearing is due to no proper sync.

As for the other one that is how Google Dailer is built. I prefer saving my contacts on Google than SIM and phone.

Thanks for the response but do you mind emphasizing more on the no proper sync ? how do I correct it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Remmedy:

Thanks for the response but do you mind emphasizing more on the no proper sync ? how do I correct it?

Before deleting a contact make sure your sync is on, So it will reflect in your Google contact that a contact is gone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gafano(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
Pls who knows how to switch users on redmi note9s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Engineersolutio: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
nonny400:

You're lucky it's not 600 years they gave you. Lol
It's not funny brother I'm really serious about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7766) (7767) (7768) (7769) (7770) (7771) (7772) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kennydollz(m), pablobellins(m), Selwin256(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.