Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9305069 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sagitariusbaby(m): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
Please house how do I install gcam on my Redmi Note8? Also, device has been freezing for a while now even though I still have enough memory space, what could be the cause?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
sagitariusbaby:
Please house how do I install gcam on my Redmi Note8? Also, device has been freezing for a while now even though I still have enough memory space, what could be the cause?

Download a compatible GCam and install. Go to telegram and search Redmi Note 8 photography or check the Xiaomi Compilation thread.

As for the hanging, share a screenshot of the about phone page of your phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mattbass(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Finally received my package (KZ-ZSN Pro) headphones.
Thanks to Jboixxx.
Nice doing business with you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by taretoofine(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
macbeyland:

Will update you tomorrow
okay waiting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
mattbass:
Thanks to Jboixxx.

Welcome to the KZ club. We await testimony

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CoachOore: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
pleas what can I do to stop browser from playing videos oo. may someone help na?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mattbass(m): 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
genius43:

Welcome to the KZ club. We await testimony

Mehn I can't just describe the sound. Just awesome. I really had value for my money.
Thanks for the recommendation boss.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
[quote author=anonymousey post=93498181]

Anonymousey came through, a nice businessman

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
mattbass:
Thanks to Jboixxx.

Welcome to the club man

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
[quote author=eby001 post=93501236][/quote]

Thanks a lot for your patronage. I really appreciate this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CoachOore: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
CoachOore:
pleas what can I do to stop browser from playing videos oo. may someone help na?

Someone should provide settings details I can do that will stop automatic playing of video during browsing...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prymestrr(m): 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
mattbass:
Thanks to Jboixxx.

Is this a TWS or wire enabled?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
mattbass:

Mehn I can't just describe the sound. Just awesome. I really had value for my money.
Thanks for the recommendation boss.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xorojinx: 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
macbeyland:
Will update you tomorrow
Hi, please do you sell phone batteries?
If yes, can I get Redmi Note 5a prime battery and the cost?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toniotonero(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
CoachOore:
Which browser?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
xorojinx:

Chat me up on whatsapp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
piyoo91:
pls, any retail store that has seal box xiaomi mi 10 or the pro anywhere in nigeria? i can`t find any here in abuja
I have one pcs of mi 10 available 8/128k @250k. ....sold out now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eddyvicky001: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
Pls is there gcam for redmi 9a?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
eddyvicky001:
Pls is there gcam for redmi 9a?

None yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
dangerously in love with xiaomi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
[quote author=eby001 post=93501236][/quote] how much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
genius43:

Download a compatible GCam and install. Go to telegram and search Redmi Note 8 photography or check the Xiaomi Compilation thread.

As for the hanging, share a screenshot of the about phone page of your phone.
Thanks bro

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaqorbit(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
anonymousey:

Thanks a lot for your patronage. I really appreciate this.
How much does this go for please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
xorojinx:

Can be available in 2 weeks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paulbello1704(m): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
5pcs of Romoss 10000mAh up for grab.

5k5 each

DM

N.B: Just 5pcs going for this price. First come, first ... cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
Paulbello1704:
5pcs , first ... cool

Ads aren't allowed here, take them to the Xiaomi Thread Store.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primestreams: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2020
MartinsD12:

Well said xiaomi products always give value for money even their power bank last longer than other brands, value for money is the key factor here. Umidigi is not there yet.
grin grin grin redmi 8 plus 20 000 mah redmi power bank grin grin grin Bleep nepa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
blaqorbit:

How much does this go for please.

8k for Redmi Airdots S or Redmi Airdots 2.

Please can we chat via WhatsApp (08057407671) so as not to derail the thread?

Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paulbello1704(m): 11:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
genius43:

Ads aren't allowed here, take them to the Xiaomi Thread Store.

Sorry about that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hpk(m): 12:35am On Sep 03, 2020
GogetterMD:

Out of the box, is the coral green color option of the Mi 10 8/256. Box contains the phone, 30w charger, type C cable, transparent hard case (more like a hybrid between silicon and nilkin case), Sim ejector tool. This option is the global version (single Sim).
On the first look, you'd notice the beautiful aesthetics and attention to detail in the design of the phone. Brushed aluminum metal covered with gorilla glass front and back (I think corning gorilla glass 5).

Powered on and set up in no time. It's good that it has the option to transfer your files from your old xiaomi device to this one over local wireless. Google setup also done.

After powering on, first thing you'd notice is the incredibly crisp display. A blend of appropriate contrast, sharpness, and color. Though it's a FullHD display, you can barely tell the difference with a 2K display (I have used 2K displays from the LG phone range before, so I can tell). The bezeless edged display also gives a beautiful feel for those who love this.

The global version ships with the Global MUIU 11, and very few bloatware compared to the CN version. Also comes pre-installed with GApps, so you don't need stressing to get your Google apps.

Scrolling through the phone was as smooth and smooth can be, and you could almost immediately notice the 90Hz refresh rate of the screen. Charging out of the box took about 20 mins to get it from 65% to 100%. It supports 30w wireless charging but I don't think I'd be investing in a wireless charger for now.

During initial use, I shared Wi-Fi from my other phone for the initial setup. After a while the phone started to heat up a lil bit (I use a lot of apps though, so I had to reinstall them all). The battery dropped about 35% after like 2hrs. This got me worried. The battery has been steady strong after doing a security update for May, the battery life and heating issues seems to have gone away. Did 45 minutes of music on 80% volume with Wi-Fi on and the battery dropped just 1%. Yet to do a rigorous gaming and video test on the battery.

My favorite games on Android are War Robots (PvP), PUBG, and Asphalt 9. Tested the 3 games on it yesterday. Connection was good on PUBG and War robots was good. Game play was very smooth, and you could easily tell when game play is sustained above 60FPS. Heat generation was very tolerable also, compared to the last Snapdragon I used (SD835). On-screen controls for the games were great, with very fast response. I also tried the Asphalt 9 with it (using the Glap mobile controller). Awesome graphics, great response.

I am yet to give the device a full day testing because I've been busy. Also yet to do a camera test. I might update with that later.

What's your user experience with the Glap mobile controller with other games aside Asphalt 9, does it function properly with PES20 and other games? Also, can you share a picture of the controller. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.