Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9180889 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) (7778) (7779) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yourgistpartner: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Good Morning fam,
Please I have some questions to ask

1) after updating the miui and rebooting it immediately do I still need to do hard reset by pressing the power button for 15 seconds

2) can you help me on the process to change fonts and how do I get a nice theme for my phone

3) is having a mi account compulsory

I anticipate your enlightening response. Gracias
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajineita: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
genius43:

Redmi Note 7 has been on Android 10 since July

How to do this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2020
nani667:

This has been available for months tho
China Beta just went live...so I have no idea how the Xiaomi.eu Devs have had it for months.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ajineita:
When android 10 for Note 7
Note 7 recieved A10 over a month ago.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

It has been in beta testing for over 3 months now. Three more months to go!
China Beta went live yesterday so I guess I warped to the July by mistake. grin

Hopefully the combined MiUI 12 and A10 update will come before the end of the month.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
mickybeejay:

It's on my mi 9t also, but not on the note 9
update your phone dailer via playstore and check again if you haven't.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
Interesting...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omeneke00(f): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hi guys
Please can someone recommend me a good xiaomi phone to buy within the budget of 70-75 k
It should have a strong battery and dope camera hehe ��

This is my first time,bn hearing about xiaomi so I decided to give it a try
Thanks in advance ��
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RealEzee(m): 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
Omeneke00:
Hi guys
Please can someone recommend me a good xiaomi phone to buy within the budget of 70-75 k

Thanks in advance ��
note 8 n note 9 fall within ur budget
Check Xiaomi Thread store for reputable dealers here on NL , cheers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurex01(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Omeneke00:
Hi guys

Thanks in advance ��
come my WhatsApp. Deal awaiting you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Floki737: 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
olanreyman:

Come buy mine 60k. Not negotiable 4/128gb

Am sorry bro, I already bought a UK used Samsung A30(the fone is dope).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omeneke00(f): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
nurex01:
come my WhatsApp. Deal awaiting you
Kogi state ni o grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omeneke00(f): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
RealEzee:
note 8 n note 9 fall within ur budget
Check Xiaomi Thread store for reputable dealers here on NL , cheers.
Thank you smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Parzival001(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
GogetterMD:

Out of the box, is the coral green color option of the Mi 10 8/256. Box contains the phone, 30w charger, type C cable, transparent hard case (more like a hybrid between silicon and nilkin case), Sim ejector tool. This option is the global version (single Sim).
On the first look, you'd notice the beautiful aesthetics and attention to detail in the design of the phone. Brushed aluminum metal covered with gorilla glass front and back (I think corning gorilla glass 5).

Powered on and set up in no time. It's good that it has the option to transfer your files from your old xiaomi device to this one over local wireless. Google setup also done.

After powering on, first thing you'd notice is the incredibly crisp display. A blend of appropriate contrast, sharpness, and color. Though it's a FullHD display, you can barely tell the difference with a 2K display (I have used 2K displays from the LG phone range before, so I can tell). The bezeless edged display also gives a beautiful feel for those who love this.

The global version ships with the Global MUIU 11, and very few bloatware compared to the CN version. Also comes pre-installed with GApps, so you don't need stressing to get your Google apps.

Scrolling through the phone was as smooth and smooth can be, and you could almost immediately notice the 90Hz refresh rate of the screen. Charging out of the box took about 20 mins to get it from 65% to 100%. It supports 30w wireless charging but I don't think I'd be investing in a wireless charger for now.

During initial use, I shared Wi-Fi from my other phone for the initial setup. After a while the phone started to heat up a lil bit (I use a lot of apps though, so I had to reinstall them all). The battery dropped about 35% after like 2hrs. This got me worried. The battery has been steady strong after doing a security update for May, the battery life and heating issues seems to have gone away. Did 45 minutes of music on 80% volume with Wi-Fi on and the battery dropped just 1%. Yet to do a rigorous gaming and video test on the battery.

My favorite games on Android are War Robots (PvP), PUBG, and Asphalt 9. Tested the 3 games on it yesterday. Connection was good on PUBG and War robots was good. Game play was very smooth, and you could easily tell when game play is sustained above 60FPS. Heat generation was very tolerable also, compared to the last Snapdragon I used (SD835). On-screen controls for the games were great, with very fast response. I also tried the Asphalt 9 with it (using the Glap mobile controller). Awesome graphics, great response.

I am yet to give the device a full day testing because I've been busy. Also yet to do a camera test. I might update with that later.
Asphalt 9 has controller support? or it's just a thing with the glap mobile controller cos I want to use my ps4 pad on it but I can't find controller settings on the game so I just guessed it doesn't support it. Is there a way around it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GogetterMD(m): 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
Parzival001:

Asphalt 9 has controller support? or it's just a thing with the glap mobile controller cos I want to use my ps4 pad on it but I can't find controller settings on the game so I just guessed it doesn't support it. Is there a way around it?
The game is going to automatically detect the controller without you having to set it up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GogetterMD(m): 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
shidof:
Morning Bro, which Redmi will you suggest between Redmi 8 and Redmi 9C
I honestly do not know because I haven't used either phones. You could probably ask the dealers here like nurex01, protein0 and noobody

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hoover420: 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hello my fellow xiaomi family. Tragedy befell my note 9 today. cry
Got stolen inside keke while I was going out and it was immediately switched off. Luckily for me I still have my other device with me so I logged into the xiaomi cloud and locked the device online. Any luck of me seeing it again? I feel like shedding cold tears but I still believe I will see it back.
Picture below

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samueloyem19: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
shidof:
Morning Bro, which Redmi will you suggest between Redmi 8 and Redmi 9C
Redmi 9C is a better option with MediaTek Helio G35 processor and the quad rear camera section. It is good for normal uses.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ajineita:

How to do this

Haven't you updated your phone before?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sundayoluwatimi(m): 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
My phone cover and screen protector just got delivered now. Ordered from Aliexpress

Thanks to Nairaland guys. My wife and 1 now use Xiaomi's Redmi Note 9.
We never knew there's a whole new phone world aside Transsion phones.

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurex01(m): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
Omeneke00:

Kogi state ni o grin
we go runz that one too even to LOKOJA
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartanian(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sorry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
spartanian:
my contact
Una no dey hear.... don't advertise here

take it to store thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
festwiz:

China Beta went live yesterday so I guess I warped to the July by mistake. grin

Hopefully the combined MiUI 12 and A10 update will come before the end of the month.

LOL..The update isn't coming this month, and that's for sure..The earliest is early/mid-October.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Aquilapriscilla: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hi
Please what xiaomi phone has the best camera for video shooting ?
Below 100k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
festwiz:

China Beta just went live...so I have no idea how the Xiaomi.eu Devs have had it for months.

China Beta for RN8 went live ages ago sire
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Moses247(m): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
pls where can I download some powerfull games for note 8pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dannybanky10(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
Floki737:

Am sorry bro, I already bought a UK used Samsung A30(the fone is dope).

That phone head no correct at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
sundayoluwatimi:
My phone cover and screen protector just got delivered now. Ordered from Aliexpress

Thanks to Nairaland guys. My wife and 1 now use Xiaomi's Redmi Note 9.
We never knew there's a whole new phone world aside Transsion phones.

Welcome to the light.... grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hoover420: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
Pls does note 8 have miui 12 update before I go buy am oh?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Elslim:
Interesting...

How I wish I could hear what they have to say, 90% of their jobs are done on the pages of this thread, while they bear the name and earn the money, oh well like someone rightly said this life no balance..... cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
hoover420:
Pls does note 8 have miui 12 update before I go buy am oh?

Nope

(1) (2) (3) ... (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) (7778) (7779) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MrFta(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.