Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9190496 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luu40: 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
genius43:

You mean ADM Pro or IDM+
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.2.0.QGGMIXM/miui_BEGONIAGlobal_V12.0.2.0.QGGMIXM_d7ccad5950_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

Thanks man! You're indeed a genius.
Device updated to MIUI12 and android 10 all together.
Thanks Man

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mattbass(m): 3:37am On Sep 04, 2020
OfficialGaGa:

ok. thanks.. I hear say na badass.. how e be?

No be lie bro. E make brain wella.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KanyeSouthWest: 5:38am On Sep 04, 2020
Luu40:
Hey guys! I'm seeing this MIUI12 stable update available on my device update section. Please can I go on and download the file and update? I don't know whether its safe cos I'm enjoying my MIUI11, but a stable and more optimised update could be better. Thanks
Please advise
Alaye, Na show off be this one At this point cry cry cry Which Device tho?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GogetterMD(m): 6:25am On Sep 04, 2020
hpk:

Okay. Thank you for your time.

You're welcome. I have converted the pad for use as a gaming controller on my PC though grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajineita: 7:15am On Sep 04, 2020
Please who has the manual update for Android 10?

What's even so special about Android 10?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluwashedy: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2020
Luu40:
Hey guys! I'm seeing this MIUI12 stable update available on my device update section. Please can I go on and download the file and update? I don't know whether its safe cos I'm enjoying my MIUI11, but a stable and more optimised update could be better. Thanks
Please advise
Chai ❕see wetin men dey wait for. Update your phone jare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluwashedy: 7:19am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

People are looking and waiting for MIUI12 you are still contemplating.

This life no balance... cry cry
Bro, the life na pot of beans o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hpk(m): 7:22am On Sep 04, 2020
GogetterMD:

You're welcome. I have converted the pad for use as a gaming controller on my PC though grin

Nice! It's a win-win for you. cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 04, 2020
Link to the accessories guys.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lorbar(f): 7:28am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

Nice one.

@Lorbar another thing I failed to mention is sometimes before you go to bed, clear all your recent apps.
Good morning boss. With my recent apps cleared and my phone on airplane, battery still dropped by 9%. The funny thing is I can see apps under the battery stats that I didn't even use yesterday. It's getting worrisome oo..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 7:42am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

It is not a superiority contest. RN9Pro and RN9S is a matter of choice and what you can do with/without.

Apart from Main Camera 64MP Vs 48MP, Charging 30W(33W charger provided) Vs 18W(22.5 W charger provided) and presence of NFC on RN9 pro.,Every other thing is the same.

Now you are now faced with what do I fancy or what I don't fancy, do the differences spur me to spend extra or not.

So you can now see it is not a matter of superiority.

thanks for your explanation.. i see the term superior doesn't go well..

ok please throw more light on RN9pro vs Mi 10 lite.. thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2020
Lorbar:

Good morning boss. With my recent apps cleared and my phone on airplane, battery still dropped by 9%. The funny thing is I can see apps under the battery stats that I didn't even use yesterday. It's getting worrisome oo..

Post about page of your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:45am On Sep 04, 2020
Jecyangel:

thanks for your explanation.. i see the term superior doesn't go well..

ok please throw more light on RN9pro vs Mi 10 lite.. thanks

Mi 10 lite and note Mi 10 lite is different from Mi Note 10 lite. And if you are still talking RN9 Pro Vs Mi Note 10 lie, it is Mi Note 10 lite.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2020
Mrcalxy:

Like you know.

I can't buy that GoTV even if them give me DsTV premium channels inside because the video output doesn't make sense at all. No HDMI in this generation.. chai
The latest gotv decoders have HDMI for just 9500naira.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

Mi 10 lite and note Mi 10 lite is different from Mi Note 10 lite. And if you are still talking RN9 Pro Vs Mi Note 10 lie, it is Mi Note 10 lite.

guy i didn't get this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lorbar(f): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

Post about page of your phone

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:06am On Sep 04, 2020
Ajineita:
Please who has the manual update for Android 10?

What's even so special about Android 10?

Didn't I quote you with the link yesterday?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2020
Lorbar:

Your network self is on it's own level of bad. And this is the EU Version. Hmmmmm.

Did you disable WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning?

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.4.0.QJWEUXM/miui_CURTANAEEAGlobal_V11.0.4.0.QJWEUXM_991b603f36_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Jecyangel:

guy i didn't get this

It is some.

Mi 10 lite and Mi Note 10 lite are two different phones.

Mi 10 lite is a 5G phone in the Mi 10 family, The Mi Note 10 lite is the smaller of the Mi Note 10 family.

Mi 10 lite has a 48MP main sensor, the Mi Note 10 lite a 64MP main sensor.

Mi Note 10 lite is available here, Mi 10 lite isn't. So which are you talking about because people mix them up easily.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2020
maclawrence02:

With this, one can only force restart the phone by holding the power button for about 10-15 secs. Power menu can't be accessed, so you can't switch it off.
I'm on masik rom. I don't know if it's on stock rom.

It's not in stock MIUI.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lorbar(f): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

Your network self is on it's own level of bad. And this is the EU Version. Hmmmmm.

Did you disable WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning?

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.4.0.QJWEUXM/miui_CURTANAEEAGlobal_V11.0.4.0.QJWEUXM_991b603f36_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

Yes I did. What do you mean by the network is bad?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The latest gotv decoders have HDMI for just 9500naira.

The latest gotv decoders that has HDMI is sold for the same 6,900NGN as the old ones here. Btw, what's your location?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2020
Lorbar:

Yes I did. What do you mean by the network is bad?

From the signal bars one.

Two go to battery usage stats. Change ranking to details and screenshot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

It is some.

Mi 10 lite and Mi Note 10 lite are two different phones.

Mi 10 lite is a 5G phone in the Mi 10 family, The Mi Note 10 lite is the smaller of the Mi Note 10 family.

Mi 10 lite has a 48MP main sensor, the Mi Note 10 lite a 64MP main sensor.

Mi Note 10 lite is available here, Mi 10 lite isn't. So which are you talking about because people mix them up easily.

thanks for your kind explanation. forgive my curiosity ooo that being cleared, whats the difference between Redmi notes and Mi notes cos i can see they are categorized differently
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2020
Jecyangel:

thanks for your kind explanation. forgive my curiosity ooo that being cleared, whats the difference between Redmi notes and Mi notes cos i can see they are categorized differently

Redmi Notes are under the Redmi brand,Mi Note are under the Xiaomi brand. With Mi Note superior over the Redmi Notes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lorbar(f): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

From the signal bars one.

Two go to battery usage stats. Change ranking to details and screenshot.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2020
[quote author=Lorbar post=93555388][/quote]

Your network is terrible. I was right but install full ROM first.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lorbar(f): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

Your network is terrible. I was right but install full ROM first.
Could it be because mtn reception in my area is terrible?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2020
Lorbar:
Could it be because mtn reception in my area is terrible?

You already know the answer. But still download full ROM and manually install.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lorbar(f): 9:55am On Sep 04, 2020
genius43:

You already know the answer. But still download full ROM and manually install.
Downloading. Will this installation reset the phone in any way?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 9:56am On Sep 04, 2020
Lorbar:

The apps are the major culprits if you ask me. If they appear on the stats without being used, then it means they also use your battery unnecessarily. Also Facebook and are known to be battery/data monsters. So restrict them as much as possible because even after installing the Rom manually and you don't take care of those apps, the problem is likely to persist.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:56am On Sep 04, 2020
Lorbar:
Downloading. Will this installation reset the phone in any way?

Nope.

When you install, force restart (Hold power button for 10-15seconds) your phone randomly at least twice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.