Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9302146 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7790) (7791) (7792) (7793) (7794) (7795) (7796) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
sajmark:

PREFERENCES bro... no doubt that gesture is smooth and appealing but I haven't been able to use it since I got my device, because I customized my navigation buttons with shortcuts that are vital to my usage satisfaction. I'm sure he also has a reason he clinged on to it.

Preferences truly, and I guess you're talking about Google Assistant with the shortcuts you mentioned.

Swipe gestures help me switch between two apps seamlessly, especially when my laptop is down and I need to work on some articles on my phone. My outlines are usually on MI NotePad while I use MS Word for typing. You'd understand the need to check your your outline for points and ideas and while typing. Swipe gestures help me a great lot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
Adeolaissacutie:
Please whenever I take a screenshot on my new REDMI note 9s...the picture comes out very blurry!... please help cry

It's most likely a software bug. Have you tried hard-rebooting your phone? If that doesn't fix it, you can try hard-resetting the phone.

Note, there is a difference between hard reboot and hard reset. The former requires you to hold your power button for 10 seconds while the latter means you wiping your phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emmohh(m): 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
Good afternoon

Pls why is it that my hidden pictures or file got lost or missing after some days I hide it.
Anytime I wanted to unhide it, I won't find it there again.
This has happened to me like 4times now

What could be the reason ?

Pls help me out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paulbello1704(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
sajmark:

in addition to what oga genius said, you should clear cache and try updating some or all of your system apps, your device will soon stabilise.
I've done this severally
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mustiboy:

Preferences truly, and I guess you're talking about Google Assistant with the shortcuts you mentioned.

Swipe gestures help me switch between two apps seamlessly, especially when my laptop is down and I need to work on some articles on my phone. My outlines are usually on MI NotePad while I use MS Word for typing. You'd understand the need to check your your outline for points and ideas and while typing. Swipe gestures help me a great lot.

I was formerly using navigation keys. But since I started using the MIUI swipe, it's been blissful experience all through.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paulbello1704(m): 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
genius43:

Force Restart your phone severally and check for incompatible apps.
Same apps I was using before updating. Like the phone just started lagging immediately after the update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mustiboy:

you head dey there, that accessibility+miui's own button shortcut no gree allow me use gestures.
I'm planning to port to gestures sha but I know it won't be easy.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
surely22:
I love this space. Whether we like it or not, this is a Community.
We help each other out.

Bless the day this thread was created.
I Love y'all.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
Adeolaissacutie:
Please whenever I take a screenshot on my new REDMI note 9s...the picture comes out very blurry!... please help cry
can you post a sample screenshot here? Let's see how blurry it is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
sajmark:

you head dey there, that accessibility+miui's own button shortcut no gree allow me use gestures.

I don't really use that accessibility stuff. I enjoy the swipe mode.

Can you give a typical example of a situation where you use the accessibility menu?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mrrespect:

Correct player. Set mine at 625
you dey vex o, I no dey increase that amplifier to avoid ear problem/headache while using headphones and it drains my Bluetooth speaker's battery faster... and yeah, Blackplayer ex is the most versatile music player on Android as the customisation seem endless. Poweramp and Dub player beat am for quality sound output sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JennyOfOldstones(f): 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
0taPiaPia:

Good morning Bro. I have done as you instructed but still having same issue. Network coming and leaving at will
I experienced something like this last month and the problem eventually went away on its own. Give it time and it would probably stop happening. You could also check if there are any updates pending, it could help resolve the issue too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mustiboy:

Handlee Regular 3

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
sajmark:

Got it. But I still think these shortcuts in this screenshot are very unecessary.

Between, you'll get used to the swipe gestures in no time. Just try it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
JennyOfOldstones:
I experienced something like this last month and the problem eventually went away on its own. Give it time and it would probably stop happening. You could also check if there are any updates pending, it could help resolve the issue too.

Thanks dear.. you are an angel...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mustiboy:

Got it. But I still think these shortcuts in this screenshot are very unecessary.

Between, you'll get used to the swipe gestures in no time. Just try it
very unnecessary? lolx, I gats port to gesture sha cuz it is clearly the future of mobile phones navigation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
greatstephenho:
already thanks,I will order it myself since it's the only way out.

It is not on AliExpress though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
sajmark:

very unnecessary? lolx, I gats port to gesture sha cuz it is clearly the future of mobile phones navigation.
Yeah sure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cibadau(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
Please someone recommend a good store from aliexpress where I can buy a replacement screen for redmi 8a or any reliable seller here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nwoke01:
I'll like to get a redmi note 8, how much will it cost and also a reliable store where I can get it. Awaiting your response thanks.
come I have one for sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KanyeSouthWest: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
DJack [quote author=Kmartt post=93693985][/quote] How much for this DJack Bluetooth Woofer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mustiboy:

Boss, you're not using swipe gestures. I'm surprised.

Navigation keys are an eyesore for me. I fell in love with MIUI's swipe gestures since the days of Redmi Note 5.
NavBar4Lyf. tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
Adeolaissacutie:
Do all the pending updates.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
Prymestrr:

Bro is this app safe to use?

I need a booster to amplify output on my 3rd party speakers.
find a way to access engineer mode in your phone, go to audio>audio playback ,you should be able to find your way with these screenshot, I made a thread about this,but got deleted.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ajineita:

Though I retweeted this is derailing and it is against the rules of this Forum. This isn't a thread dedicated to Infinix. Get a life, bro.
thank you sir for the Retweet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
festwiz:

NavBar4Lyf. tongue

I give you yanch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
festwiz:
NavBar4Lyf. tongue
e go soon become extinct o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Brooke60(f): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
RN8 Pro users, do you also experience not seeing your calls after pressing something on your phone? Like the phone is ringing and you mistakenly pressed something, you won't see the call again. It will just be ringing?

2. I need help with Camera or editing apps, I want to be taking pictures of my products.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tekenny: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
genius43:

What did you do or install before it started?
I can't really remember what I installed last, but I'm about to uninstall all apps which I perceive may cause problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tekenny: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
genius43:

What did you do or install before it started?
thank you very much for your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7790) (7791) (7792) (7793) (7794) (7795) (7796) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Benediktejike, Billygent, missiles and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.