Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9183850 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7801) (7802) (7803) (7804) (7805) (7806) (7807) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
mathefaro:
It's probably auto brightness and you can't capture it with screenshots

It's not it, I wish that was it.

It's kinda like when you activate read mode, but this time it'll be like a solid white overlay against your screen.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
iKingsley:
I couldn't add my card on Play Store to make purchases

This has always been an issue for me

Pls how do I get it done?

Cc: genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Admiral49(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good day everyone, I just bought Redmi 8. Please what do I need to download or update on the device to make me experience it full worth?
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Admiral49:
Good day everyone, I just bought Redmi 8. Please what do I need to download or update on the device to make me experience it full worth?
Thanks.

Go to system update and update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
losdiose:

This has always been an issue for me

Pls how do I get it done?

Cc: genius43

If e no work e no work, not all banks work with Naija play account.

For GTB change your google account to USA.
If you must use a Nigeria Google account you have to hope your bank works, I no fidelity MasterCard does.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
Admiral49:
Thanks.

If you have an update do it now before you start installing apps fully.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
lilshevy:
probably, I live in Minna, Niger state.

There's no 4G for 9mobile in Minna last I checked. Enjoy the available 3G speeds. It's not that bad at all if your location has good 3G coverage.

I bet you it could be better than MTN 4G, the way their network coverage these days have been shaky.

Only issh is that 9mobile subscription plans ain't cheap.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2020
Mrviktor:

Don't mind them..

It's like that every year..

The hype is never worth the device.

What model did you purchase if I may ask?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2020
Mrcalxy:
I really can't say o. I noticed it too, it comes up occasionally, I just overlook it as I can't be rebooting my device everytime, it does go away by itself after a while or so.

A screenshot can't show it, one has to be holding your device first hand to experience the issue.

Let's wait for a new update, hopefully that'll be fixed.

I've had that issue since last year. The screen gets "too bright" that it looks washed out especially after coming from strong sunlight into a dark place. I've reported the issue through feedback a lot of times but nothing has been done. Do you experience screen retention? Cos that's the next stop with the screen issue. Update? LOL. Jesus is coming soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
New question: is there a way i can check which lte band my sim is currently using.
The reason i ask is that glo seems to be performing poorly on mi 9 compared to what it was like on the p30.
It's significant enough that i can't listen to an online radio while driving without constant buffering whereas the p30 performed smoothly on the same sim.

So I'm wondering if the mi 9 is preferentially using band 3 (which i would expect this kind of poor quality from), despite supporting both band 3 and 28.

Yes, I've verified that the phone is indeed global version, via the official xiaomi page
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
ElvisMcCoy:

Those guys in gsmarena know their job but they are used to flagship devices so they could be a lot more critical than an average user. Adjust your mentality that you are using a phone that is not flagship and you will be fine...

The final decision rests with you...

That's it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seaboyzen: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
luvyaself95:

Asin you will send it to me there ?
yeah
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
abdsamad:
New question: is there a way i can check which lte band my sim is currently using.
The reason i ask is that glo seems to be performing poorly on mi 9 compared to what it was like on the p30.
It's significant enough that i can't listen to an online radio while driving without constant buffering whereas the p30 performed smoothly on the same sim.

So I'm wondering if the mi 9 is preferentially using band 3 (which i would expect this kind of poor quality from), despite supporting both band 3 and 28.

Yes, I've verified that the phone is indeed global version, via the official xiaomi page

Does Glo Support band 3. Tot it was only band 28
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
genius43:

Add Poco X3 to your consideration. It also have a great Main sensor.
Better person! Thanks a lot.I looooove the specs on paper.Will wait for it to be available in Naija.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

I've had that issue since last year. The screen gets "too bright" that it looks washed out especially after coming from strong sunlight into a dark place. I've reported the issue through feedback a lot of times but nothing has been done. Do you experience screen retention? Cos that's the next stop with the screen issue. Update? LOL. Jesus is coming soon.

By screen rentention, I believe you mean screen ghosting?

Ion think that'll happen sha.

Lemme be enjoying the device like that for now.

Let's hope for the best as well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
abdsamad:

If it has both it will pick band 28 over 3. But Glo have been poor for some days now.

Use this app

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kennyflyair:

Does Glo Support band 3. Tot it was only band 28

Yea in some locations.

I use band 3 on Glo, my phone doesn't have band 28.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kudunku: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2020
oluemmakay:

Which other Xiaomi product with 4/64G will you recommend?

Redmi Note 8 and the Note 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2020
Mrcalxy:

By screen rentention, I believe you mean screen ghosting?

Ion think that'll happen sha.

Lemme be enjoying the device like that for now.

Let's hope for the best as well

Not ghost touches. More like, when you stay long on an app, and then decide to switch to another app, you'll see remnants of the former app you were on in the background mostly around the corners/edges of the phone.

The very best. LOL.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
genius43:

If it has both it will pick band 28 over 3. But Glo have been poor for some days now.

Use this app

That worked. Thanks.
I'll see how it does when I'm moving again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Admiral49(m): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Go to system update and update
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Admiral49(m): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2020
genius43:

If you have an update do it now before you start installing apps fully.
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
The behavior of those nipost staffs are very Bad. I have just been insulted by a nipost lady. I Need to teach her a lesson.

Who has an effective medium in which I can report her??

Tanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
genius43:

Congratulations, time for giveaway

Oya nau...Lead the way grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
freeAgent99:

Oya nau...Lead the way grin

Oga do giveaway
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
Adex2442:
The behavior of those nipost staffs are very Bad. I have just been insulted by a nipost lady. I Need to teach her a lesson.

Tanks

I was about to praise their workers for being courteous and helpful.

If she didn't slap you, just chill and go about your life. Maybe it was the devil undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samcenation(m): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good afternoon house, I recently joined the xioami family with my redmi note 9s, I want to ask if I'd be able to update it to miui 12. It seems really cool from the videos I've seen online
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2020
abdsamad:

I was about to praise their workers for being courteous and helpful.

If she didn't slap you, just chill and go about your life. Maybe it was the devil undecided

After I deal with her, she will never ever give room to the devil.

She has even threatened me that I will never ever get my item.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
Samcenation:
Good afternoon house, I recently joined the xioami family with my redmi note 9s, I want to ask if I'd be able to update it to miui 12. It seems really cool from the videos I've seen online

You will get MIUI 12 when it is ready for your device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2020
Adex2442:

Tanks

Write to....

The PostMaster General/CEO,
Nipost Corporate Headquarters,
Abubakar Musa Argungu House,
Plot 1279 Muhammadu Buhari Way.
Garki – Abuja.

Narrate the incident, state the PO and if possible, get her details.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2020
freeAgent99:

Write to....

The PostMaster General/CEO,
Nipost Corporate Headquarters,
Abubakar Musa Argungu House,
Plot 1279 Muhammadu Buhari Way.
Garki – Abuja.

Narrate the incident, state the PO and if possible, get her details.

Tanks.. How will I send the letter

(1) (2) (3) ... (7801) (7802) (7803) (7804) (7805) (7806) (7807) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.