Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193105 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Why is redmi 10x 5g not available in aliexpress yet na,and the ones on banggood are damn expensive
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NewDelhi(m): 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Jameek:

NewDelhi, I have followed your argument with
Xtianvic.
I don't know if you're a troll or just someone bringing up some argument based on what you read somewhere else. But bro, no vex say I wan give you this advice: IF YOU MUST TROLL OR ARGUE, DO IT INTELLIGENTLY!
What do I mean? Bring up facts or proofs to back your points!!

Xtianvic adviced you to Google up DXOmark rating. A simple Google search would have helped you.
Then bring your own proofs to counter his points, but you didn't.
Instead you kept arguing blindly.

Another thing is this: the argument is about one Xiaomi device topping every other phone (in terms of camera). Why are you so pained? Life na turn by turn. E fit be Samsung yesterday, today na Xiaomi. Tomorrow fit be an entirely different brand.
For me, I've learnt something new today from the argument, and that's the fact that "DXOmark is the industry's trustworthy standard for camera and lens image quality measurements and ratings."
Ok kid, I accept, your beloved xiaomi whatever has a better camera quality than Samsung's Galaxy S20 ultra, Huawei p40 pro, Google pixel 4, iPhone 11, iPhone se, even that oppo find X2 dem dey use for bb naija night party and anything out there from the Android and apple world okay.?

Have a nice day.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reader530(m): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
NewDelhi:

Ok kid, I accept, your beloved xiaomi whatever has a better camera quality than Samsung's Galaxy S20 ultra, Huawei p40 pro, Google pixel 4, iPhone 11, iPhone se, even that oppo find X2 dem dey use for bb naija night party and anything out there from the Android and apple world okay.?

Habe a nice day.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reader530(m): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Good evening all. I want someone to assist me with the solution of the below challenges. Though, it's not from the phone but from the operator of the phone. I am using Redmi note 9 pro ( global version). These are the challenges:
1. How can I reset my menu to be alphabetically inclined?
2. Does it have finger print recognition? If yes, how?
3. What is amoled display? Can I download amoled with the phone?
4. I have two Facebook accounts?
(a) My Facebook lite is always tiny....even if I change the font size, it still won't be bold.
(b) I have the normal one, the font size is bold but, if someone private chat me....I must log in through the messenger to respond the sender.
5. I must confess Redmi note 9 pro is excellently superb......I have never enjoyed my past phones like this one. I am sincerely speaking from the depth of my heart.

Thank you in anticipation for your response
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluwashedy: 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Jameek:

NewDelhi, I have followed your argument with
Xtianvic.
I don't know if you're a troll or just someone bringing up some argument based on what you read somewhere else. But bro, no vex say I wan give you this advice: IF YOU MUST TROLL OR ARGUE, DO IT INTELLIGENTLY!
What do I mean? Bring up facts or proofs to back your points!!

Xtianvic adviced you to Google up DXOmark rating. A simple Google search would have helped you.
Then bring your own proofs to counter his points, but you didn't.
Instead you kept arguing blindly.

Another thing is this: the argument is about one Xiaomi device topping every other phone (in terms of camera). Why are you so pained? Life na turn by turn. E fit be Samsung yesterday, today na Xiaomi. Tomorrow fit be an entirely different brand.
For me, I've learnt something new today from the argument, and that's the fact that "DXOmark is the industry's trustworthy standard for camera and lens image quality measurements and ratings."
Font name please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NewDelhi(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
luvyaself95:

ogbeni you guys are talking same thing jare stop dragging upandan...
I just need him to understand that these things are relative and he shouldn't just judge an entire system because of one single verdict. Of all the hundreds of ratings site out there , that dxo whatever was the only one I saw that listed xiamo m1 or whatever it's called as the first one their list. You can't even list dxo in the top 10 websites or blogs for phone reviews. More reputable and reliable websites like tomsguide, gan arena, gisbot, Androidpit, gadgets 360, pcmag and co never even had the xiaomi on their top 5. But the kid purposely ignored those ones and was rubbing on my face the only one that supported xiaomi. He's definitely one of those people that believe Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world all because punch newspaper or Linda ikejis blog reported a Nigerian graduating with a first class degree from UK when in reality different students from different nationalities also graduated with same first class. Using a lonewolf incidence to give verdict on an entire system is his problem..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

What did you use in downloading?
I hope your data was on during the decryption process?
I used IDM+
Yes, my data was on
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jameek(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
NewDelhi:

Habe a nice day.

Lol. Kids these really have balls. They won't use google and they just want to wear pants like grown men!
But after this response, I won't get into any squabble with you and let you drag me down to your level. I don't even do this.
And one last this, you can't post a reply past 9pm and end it with "have a nice day".
If your watch is broken, fix it!!
But that's only if you're blind enough not to see that it's already dark outside.
Sweet dreams and sleep like the baby you are.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jameek(m): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
oluwashedy:
Font name please

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jameek(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
Hakeem12:
Don't waste your energy on a troll

You're right, bro.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
Xtianvic:
I used IDM+
Yes, my data was on

Try doing OTA.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Reader530:

Good evening all. I want someone to assist me with the solution of the below challenges. Though, it's not from the phone but from the operator of the phone. I am using Redmi note 9 pro ( global version). These are the challenges:
1. How can I reset my menu to be alphabetically inclined?
2. Does it have finger print recognition? If yes, how?
3. What is amoled display? Can I download amoled with the phone?
4. I have two Facebook accounts?
(a) My Facebook lite is always tiny....even if I change the font size, it still won't be bold.
(b) I have the normal one, the font size is bold but, if someone private chat me....I must log in through the messenger to respond the sender.
5. I must confess Redmi note 9 pro is excellently superb......I have never enjoyed my past phones like this one. I am sincerely speaking from the depth of my heart.

Thank you in anticipation for your response

1. Update your launcher and search for app drawer in settings and select it. MIUI doesn't use app drawer by default.

2. Fingerprint is in security &privacy and if you read through the manual you will see that the fingerprint scanner is located at the power button.

3. Amoled is a display technology and not a software to be downloaded, if the OEM don't use it that is that

4. That is how Facebook was programmed to be, it has nothing to do with your phone settings.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
Jameek:

Lol. Kids these really have balls. They won't use google and they just want to wear pants like grown men!
But after this response, I won't get into any squabble with you and let you drag me down to your level. I don't even do this.
And one last this, you can't post a reply past 9pm and end it with "have a nice day".
If your watch is broken, fix it!!
But that's only if you're blind enough not to see that it's already dark outside.
Sweet dreams and sleep like the baby you are.

Stop replying someone who doesn't know the difference between edited images of Oppo Reno 3 Pro and a find X2 Pro.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reader530(m): 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

1. Update your launcher and search for app drawer in settings and select it. MIUI doesn't use app drawer by default.

2. Fingerprint is in security &privacy and if you read through the manual you will see that the fingerprint scanner is located at the power button.

3. Amoled is a display technology and not a software to be downloaded, if the OEM don't use it that is that

4. That is how Facebook was programmed to be, it has nothing to do with your phone settings.

Tnx dear.. I'm grateful
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Reader530:

Tnx dear.. I'm grateful

You are welcome.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
froshroy:
Can you send pictures taken with the gcam

Here you go. Just snapped it now.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
NewDelhi:

I believe those that shouldn't be taken serious are websites or people that believe a xiaomi nonsense has a better camera quality than a samsung Galaxy S20, Google pixel 4a, OnePlus 8 pro , iPhone 11 and many more. Make una try fear God na cheesy. Even infinix won't make such blasphemy in the name of hyping their product.
Maybe you should do yourself a favor and read up on how they rate the devices and their criterias and stop sounding like a a broken record.. shocked

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jameek(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

Stop replying someone who doesn't know the difference between edited images of Oppo Reno 3 Pro and a find X2 Pro.

Lol.. True.
I just hope he'd find a new playground to display this sick behavior.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
freeAgent99:

Here you go. Just snapped it now.

Which of the ports did you settle for, the first or second?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
NewDelhi:

Have a nice day.
Really?
You seriously think that BBNaija is using the OPPO Find X2 because of it's camera prowess?
OPPO is a a brand sponsor of BBNaija,whose Smartphone camera do you expect them to use? grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Really?
You seriously think that BBNaija is using the OPPO Find X2 because of it's camera quality?
OPPO is a a brand sponsor of BBNaija,whose Smartphone camera do you expect them to use? grin

It is Reno 3 Pro and not Find X2 and those images that they release the following day have passed through the hands of professionals.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

It is Reno 3 Pro and not Find X2 and those images that they release the following day have passed through the hands of professionals.
Psychologists call something the confirmation bias, which is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. It is an important type of cognitive bias that has a significant effect on the proper functioning of society by distorting evidence-based decision-making.

The NewDelhi guy believes Dxomark is unreliable because he didn't see the phone's he expected to see at the top.
2 things are worth nothing here.
1) If Dxomark had ranked a phone he expected to see at the top as number one, the list would have been valid as far as he is concerned
2) He has neither used nor probably seen any of those phones listed in the top category, which makes one wonder how he got to know the rating is false.

Putting these two points aside, someone challenged him to come up with a list of smartphones with the best camera from those websites he tagged reputable and he has avoided that specific comment like a plague to continue his rambling.
Based on this premise, If he can't come up with a list that counters the Dxomark ratings, then his ramblings should just be ignored henceforth.
Everyone is free to believe in whatever they feel like

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MarkTimmy(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

WhatsApp compression algorithm

Pls is there a way I can fix this.

Bc when I snap with iPhone and Samsung, whatsapp still maintains there quality when uploaded. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
sureteeboy:

Psychologists call something the confirmation bias, which is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. It is an important type of cognitive bias that has a significant effect on the proper functioning of society by distorting evidence-based decision-making.

The DarkJeddi guy believes Dxomark is unreliable because he didn't see the phone's he expected to see at the top.
2 things are worth nothing here.
1) If Dxomark had ranked a phone he expected to see at the top as number one, the list would have been valid as far as he is concerned
2) He has neither used nor probably seen any of those phones listed in the top category, which makes one wonder how he got to know the rating is false.

Putting these two points aside, someone challenged him to come up with a list of smartphones with the best camera from those websites he tagged reputable and he has avoided that specific comment like a plague to continue his rambling.
Based on this premise, If he can't come up with a list that counters the Dxomark ratings, then his ramblings should just be ignored henceforth.
Everyone is free to believe in whatever they feel like

It is the other guy with the Indian capital moniker not Darkjeddi.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
MarkTimmy:

Pls is there a way I can fix this.

Bc when I snap with iPhone and Samsung, whatsapp still maintains there quality when uploaded. Thanks

Send as document. The recipient gets the compressed output not the sender.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

It is the other guy with the Indian capital moniker not Darkjeddi.
Okay. Let me edit the post. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 5ine: 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
pls someone help me on how to use IRplus remote on dstv. this one I imported is not working..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
5ine:
pls someone help me on how to use IRplus remote on dstv. this one I imported is not working..

There is Sure app, there is DStv remote on playstore as well and there is Anymote which are third party apps if you don't want to use Mi Remote that comes with Xiaomi phones. This one you are using I know it not.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

Which of the ports did you settle for, the first or second?

The second.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 5ine: 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
genius43:

There is Sure app, there is DStv remote on playstore as well and there is Anymote which are third party apps if you don't want to use Mi Remote that comes with Xiaomi phones. This one you are using I know it not.
ok pls recommend a good one with full screen display. SURE don't have full screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
freeAgent99:

The second.

Okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: skrrskrr(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.