Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9199060 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) (7817) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

I've listed all the websites for you imy last comment here. Do yourself a favor by checking it out yourself. Your dxomarl isn't even among the top ten review sites for mobile phones. Little wonder the weed smoking junk can confidently say xiomi whatever model has a better camera than asking Galaxy S20 ultra. If you make that statement outside you might get shot.

Mind you I use a OnePlus 7 pro. Thats a 260k phone and i doubt you can afford it.

Who's talking about phone review sites here?
We are talking about CAMERA REVIEW SITES, where the Samsung you are defending even submit there smartphones for its cameras to be reviewed.

Seems you can't argue without throwing tantrums.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

There is what is called improvements, If Xiaomi could help Samsung develop the 108Mp sensor what is remaining again.

Mi 10 Ultra is even using a custom made 48MP sensor developed by Omnivision for Xiaomi.

with this.. you believed Xiaomi camera is better than that of Samsung right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

We are talking about Samsung s20 ultra and Xiaomi 10 ultra, not Samsung and Xiaomi in general. Try to be specific.

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2020
TheMessageOfGod:

Thanks a lot, I will go check it.
yeah! It's nothing.. Enjoy your day
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

I have seen the photos from their current best side by side, the Mi 10 Ultra came out top of the Note 20 Ultra in most scenarios except for night mode and selfie videos. Huawei still have the best zoom lenses by the way.

I don't do brand bias. Last year, I never claimed the Mi 9 was better in photography than the S10 series because it wasn't. This year alot has changed. Even ice universe a too Samsung tipster and fanboy slammed Samsung for the S20 Ultra images with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ still producing better images than the S20U. And Samsung still went ahead to make use of the same sensor on the note 20 ultra, a sensor that Xiaomi where wise to ditch for a larger 48MP custom made sensor.

If you have been following the technology world, you should realise that an underdog can be become the top dog.

In 2013 when I bought the Samsung Galaxy S4, apart from the iPhones the only phones that could measure up was the HTC One and LG G2. Oneplus where just launched as a company and they announced plans of making a smartphone which was called one plus one released in 2014.

Oneplus from an underdog now has its bragging rights and where is HTC and LG today?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

I've listed all the websites for you imy last comment here. Do yourself a favor by checking it out yourself. Your dxomarl isn't even among the top ten review sites for mobile phones. Little wonder the weed smoking junk can confidently say xiomi whatever model has a better camera than asking Galaxy S20 ultra. If you make that statement outside you might get shot.

Mind you I use a OnePlus 7 pro. Thats a 260k phone and i doubt you can afford it.
So if he doesn't use a 260K phone that means you are better off than him?
All the people that uses phones less than 260K,that means you are better off than them? shocked
See,this is an anonymous forum..
Where your richness stops that's where some people's own start and you don't see them bragging about it..
Stop with your tantrums..

27 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 5ine: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

You should be more bothered about functionality and stability in these kind of thing than full screen display. Try any that I listed from Mi Remote, Sure or DSTV Remote and settle for your best.
I downloaded "anymote" pls can u guide me on hw to set it for dstv
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2020
5ine:

I downloaded "anymote" pls can u guide me on hw to set it for dstv

I don't how to describe it for you. If your model is listed select it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ayomidan: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

Download lean remote from Google.. Best so far.. Had to delete mi+peel remote
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

I have seen the photos from their current best side by side, the Mi 10 Ultra came out top of the Note 20 Ultra in most scenarios except for night mode and selfie videos. Huawei still have the best zoom lenses by the way.

I don't do brand bias. Last year, I never claimed the Mi 9 was better in photography than the S10 series because it wasn't. This year alot has changed. Even ice universe a too Samsung tipster and fanboy slammed Samsung for the S20 Ultra images with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ still producing better images than the S20U. And Samsung still went ahead to make use of the same sensor on the note 20 ultra, a sensor that Xiaomi where wise to ditch for a larger 48MP custom made sensor.

If you have been following the technology world, you should realise that an underdog can be become the top dog.

In 2013 when I bought the Samsung Galaxy S4, apart from the iPhones the only phones that could measure up was the HTC One and LG G2. Oneplus where just launched as a company and they announced plans of making a smartphone which was called one plus one released in 2014.

Oneplus from an underdog now has its bragging rights and where is HTC and LG today?

Noted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2020
shoyemiayodeji:
How much does the Redmi note 8 4/128gb goes for? What kind of earpiece is best compatible with it?

How much does the Redmi Note 9 4/128gb goes for?
Note 8 128 is a scarce commodity but around 80k or less. Check Xiaomi Thread Store for competitive ads.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NewDelhi(m): 10:49am On Sep 14, 2020
Kamaye:
I think smartphone camera reviews and ratings depends on different criteria used by different sites and blogs. For example Gsmarena rated the S20 ultra as the best, followed by Mi note 10 and iPhone 11 pro in second and third position respectively. Another popular blog Tom's guide also puts the galaxy S20 ultra in the first position followed by Huawei P40 and galaxy S20 in the second and third positions respectively, MI note 10 is in 7th position. There is also another site digitalcameraworld,com, that still placed the galaxy S20 ultra as number one followed by Huawei P40 and galaxy S10 5G in 2nd and 3rd positions, again mi note 10 is in 8th position. My conclusion is, all these phones have great cameras, it is pointless to keep arguing on which one is the best because even the professionals have a tough time in selecting the best among them.
Thank you bro, this was the message I was trying to pass across. Because DXO listed hisnbeloed xiaomi as number one then he concluded that xiomi m1 has the best camera phone in the world. If you check other websites, Samsung and the like have at least 15 listings as number one. That dxo is the only one I've seen listing xiaomi and here he was going Gaga and making noise that xiaomi m1 is the best thing out there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jameek(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43
Xtianvic
DarkJeddi
Please let's forget about these guys. The argument is becoming stale.
Kamaye politely brought up his point, although it's no longer valid because it's not the current rating as the review he looked at must have been before the release of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.

For some other persons like NeoWanZaeed, are you implying that just because it's Samsung, then nothing can beat just an aspect of Samsung?
Nobody is saying that all Xiaomi phones are better than all Samsung phones.
My brother, like I stated last night, life na turn by turn. This argument is specifically about the camera of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra as it is currently.

I was wondering why the Delhi guy kept mentioning phone review last night when the argument was specifically about camera review by a recognized body whose primary job is camera reviews.

GSMArena already did a review of Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra, but they had to specifically do a second review about Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra just a few days ago and this one is just about the camera. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46ebJ7x3ng

Funny enough, I came across a headline by notebookcheck this morning and the caption reads "The Infinix Note 8 leaks onto Geekbench 5 as a potential Poco M2/Redmi 9 rival".
Note: keyword here is "potential".
See, anything is possible.

I really don't know what all this fuss is about Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra camera being rated as the best "CURRENTLY" and some guys feeling its never possible.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NewDelhi(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Very astonishing..

Xiaomi flagship camera is better than Samsung flagship..

Wetin person no go see for this thread xef
This thread na cruise. All these xiomi fan boys no go just kill person. Someone from here was even arguing with me the other day that xiami is a more valuable brand than Huawei. These are the shocking things we hear here everyday o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NewDelhi(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

We are talking Mi 10 Ultra Vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Vs Huawei P40 Pro. This your listing is 7 months old.

I don't rate Tomsguide in smartphone reviews. And one thing with American review websites when recommending smartphones, in their lists, the favour smartphones that can be easily gotten from their country.

If it was the other way round, let's say tomsguide listed xiaomi Mi as number one and dxo listed xiaomi as let's say 7th would you be saying all this nonsense? I'm so sure you'd say tomsguide is the best camera review site in the world. You people are just bunch of ignoramuses who don't wanna learn.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NewDelhi(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2020
Jameek:
genius43
Xtianvic
DarkJeddi
Please let's forget about these guys. The argument is becoming stale.
Kamaye politely brought up his point, although it's no longer valid because it's not the current rating as the review he looked at must have been before the release of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.

For some other persons like NeoWanZaeed, are you implying that just because it's Samsung, then nothing can beat just an aspect of Samsung?
Nobody is saying that all Xiaomi phones are better than all Samsung phones.
My brother, like I stated last night, life na turn by turn. This argument is specifically about the camera of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra as it is currently.

I was wondering why the Delhi guy kept mentioning phone review last night when the argument was specifically about camera review by a recognized body whose primary job is camera reviews.

GSMArena already did a review of Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra, but they had to specifically do a second review about Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra just a few days ago and this one is just about the camera. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46ebJ7x3ng

Funny enough, I came across a headline by notebookcheck this morning and the caption reads "The Infinix Note 8 leaks onto Geekbench 5 as a potential Poco M2/Redmi 9 rival".
Note: keyword here is "potential".
See, anything is possible.

I really don't know what all this fuss is about Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra camera being rated as the best "CURRENTLY" and some guys feeling its never possible.
Wake up from your slumber kid and stop bei g sentimental in your judgements. E just dey sweet you for belle because it's xiaomi. If it was your rivals infinix and Tecno you would have ridiculed that website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Marvis1010(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2020
Guys how much is redimi 9?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2020
Marvis1010:
Guys how much is redimi 9?

Check the thread store and Jumia. Prices differ per seller.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jameek(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2020
DarkJeddi:
So if he doesn't use a 260K phone that means you are better off than him?
All the people that uses phones less than 260K,that means you are better off than them? shocked
See,this is an anonymous forum..
Where your richness stops that's where some people's own start and you don't see them bragging about it..
Stop with your tantrums..

Bro, just ignore that "boy" abeg. I read when he robbed the 260k phone in the face of someone. On a faceless forum o, imagine. Lol.
It's what kids do. People who such things ain't new to and with sense would never make "cheap" statements about money. Let's give him time and hope he grows up.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 5ine: 11:14am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

I have selected and tested many ...not responding
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2020
5ine:

I have selected and tested many ...not responding

Which model is your DSTV?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stano2(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2020
sajmark:

tap the highlighted area up to ten times to enable the option.
Thanks sir...this worked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stano2(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2020
Please i just got a Redmi 9 but am having issues with my WhatsApp, it doesn't view stickers, download pix or even view people's status.
Please how do i rectify this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 5ine: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

Which model is your DSTV?
I think is DSD1131... I checked too

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Justed: 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
Pls guys, I need gcam link for Redmi 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=Adeolaissacutie post=93900962][/quote] Just as I suspected, this isn't blurry. But if you're not really satisfied, you can try out third party apps like snapmod
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
genius43:

There is what is called improvements, If Xiaomi could help Samsung develop the 108Mp sensor what is remaining again.

Mi 10 Ultra is even using a custom made 48MP sensor developed by Omnivision for Xiaomi.
he is among the population that thinks that ones you are a big company or an older company then whatever you do are the best
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
festwiz:

Lemme quickly correct you.i]Fact doesn't care about your feelings[/i]."

#peace
exactly why they dont want to accept the truth because of their feelings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2020
5ine:

I think is DSD1131... I checked too

It should be on anymote, 1131 and 1132 use the same remote
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
Justed:
Pls guys, I need gcam link for Redmi 9
You can try this

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/7723#92912371
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Justed: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (7811) (7812) (7813) (7814) (7815) (7816) (7817) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yongLord(m), Isaiah99 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.