Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9357560 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7828) (7829) (7830) (7831) (7832) (7833) (7834) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
jboixxx:
Yes. Your enquiry was about 9c and 8!

They should help us help them. If it is R9C Vs R8, R8 has it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mrcalxy:

It's worth the wait.

Works well on my s10+, fingerprint even works. Ordered for my Rmn8, since June till now, it hasn't arrived sad
wawu, since June!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uctomide(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mrcalxy:

It's worth the wait.

Works well on my s10+, fingerprint even works. Ordered for my Rmn8, since June till now, it hasn't arrived sad

shocked to think I placed some order few days ago... All has been shipped though; possibly will get them before next year
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Yerima69:
Neatly used Redmi ...

No ads here, take them to the thread store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Habiodunz(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
mathefaro:
is it the same thing for all your contacts or for this particular contract and some others?

All of them o
Unless I select contacts under Gmail account
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Otu7(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
pls xiaomites i use an mi note 10 lite i love everytin about d fone d issue of fast type occasionally occurs but i learnt dey wil release an update to fix..i hav no issue whatsoever with proximity sensor as regards d complains on gsm arena...my only issue here is dat i cant find my sim 2 which is my glo sim wen i want to save contact..i use miui 12 & its cool & 9ice..pls how do i save contacts on my sim 2..cos wen it comes to saving contacts its only sim1 & fone & gmail dats avialable but sim2 is absent but wen it comes to calls & data i have options of sim1 & 2..pls help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
Otu7:
pls xiaomites i use an mi note 10 lite i love everytin about d fone d issue of fast type occasionally occurs but i learnt dey wil release an update to fix..i hav no issue whatsoever with proximity sensor as regards d complains on gsm arena...my only issue here is dat i cant find my sim 2 which is my glo sim wen i want to save contact..i use miui 12 & its cool & 9ice..pls how do i save contacts on my sim 2..cos wen it comes to saving contacts its only sim1 & fone & gmail dats avialable but sim2 is absent but wen it comes to calls & data i have options of sim1 & 2..pls help

This contact saving issue...

I save contacts to my second SIM only but sometimes the contacts save on sim 1 and sometimes they don't save at all, I'll go back to resave them to sim 2 and same thing will still happen again. It's not as if my sim 2 is full sef, I have only 140 contacts on it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muyiwabiggy(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
Pls guys help me ó I can't download UPDATE on my redmi 7. Pls I need the site to download the package.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
uctomide:

shocked to think I placed some order few days ago... All has been shipped though; possibly will get them before next year

Anything is possible, just keep an eye on your orders, when the protection period is almost over, ask the seller for a time extension.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mystiq25(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kennyflyair:

no notification light on 8a
thank you. I bought a fairly used one, when I didn't see the notification light I thought it was faulty.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
queenfav:
that means u don't want to go home with it again ;Dthat means u don't want to go home with it again.
In exchange for your note 5!

deal of the century!!

you win i win!!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Elder0001:

This contact saving issue...

I save contacts to my second SIM only but sometimes the contacts save on sim 1 and sometimes they don't save at all, I'll go back to resave them to sim 2 and same thing will still happen again. It's not as if my sim 2 is full sef, I have only 140 contacts on it.

What i don't understand is why anyone is bothering with saving on a sim card. Save your contacts to your Google or mi account; headache averted

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
maclawrence02:
In exchange for your note 5!
deal of the century!!
you win i win!!!
lolz, master negotiator.I no win at all if na that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

What i don't understand is why anyone is bothering with saving on a sim card. Save your contacts to your Gmail or mi account, headache averted

Save contact on Gmail or mi account as if we'll always use android or xiaomi phones abi?
Me that will switch back to iPhone immediately iPhone xr price drops back to how it was pre-coronavirus.

If I save my contacts on Gmail or mi account I won't be able to add them to my contacts on iPhone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

What i don't understand is why anyone is bothering with saving on a sim card. Save your contacts to your Gmail or mi account, headache averted
exactly what i have been doing for years.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
queenfav:
lolz, master negotiator.I no win at all if na that.

Lmao. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
Elder0001:

Save contact on Gmail or mi account as if we'll always use android or xiaomi phones abi?
Me that will switch back to iPhone immediately iPhone xr price drops back to how it was pre-coronavirus.

If I save my contacts on Gmail or mi account I won't be able to add them to my contacts on iPhone.
Says who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Eli5rkZwM

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2020
genius43:
Redmi Note 7 Pro. India ROM users

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.1.0.QFHINXM/miui_VIOLETINGlobal_V12.0.1.0.QFHINXM_634e909327_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process
Am gonna use night data to do the updated.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2020
genius43:

Says who?

This is serious,I never knew you can import contacts from Gmail. Every time I wanted to import contacts it always showed "import from sim and icloud".
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
Elder0001:

This is serious,I never knew you can import contacts from Gmail. Every time I wanted to import contacts it always showed "import from sim and icloud".

There is always a way of doing things, you just have to do a little research.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by allandutch: 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
Evening guys.

My brother got a Note 9 pro yesterday. He's been having an issue. Whenever he's calling someone, he won't hear anything until the person he's calling picks the call. If he put the call on speaker, it will ring before the call is picked but if he doesn't put it on speaker, nothing, except for a vibration to signify that the call has been picked.

Please, is there a way to fix this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
allandutch:
Evening guys.

My brother got a Note 9 pro yesterday. He's been having an issue. Whenever he's calling someone, he won't hear anything until the person he's calling picks the call. If he put the call on speaker, it will ring before the call is picked but if he doesn't put it on speaker, nothing, except for a vibration to signify that the call has been picked.

Please, is there a way to fix this?

Hold power button for 15secs for a force restart and update your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by allandutch: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
genius43:

Hold power button for 15secs for a force restart and update your phone

Thanks man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please is this global stable ROM and good for OTA Upgrade? Model: M1903C3EG. Redmi 7A

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
saky18:
Please is this global stable ROM and good for OTA Upgrade? Model: M1903C3EG. Redmi 7A

Yes and you have alot of updates to cover for
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
Elder0001:

I don't know what's up with iPhone these days (though i expect things to be easier) but i used to use an app to copy my Google contacts to iPhone on my iPhone 6, many years ago.

If you look, you'll find. There's no excuse for using sim to save your contacts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
genius43:

Says who?

I didn't even know you'd answered this question already.

Please, if you can help answer my qst on the tweak thread, I would really appreciate it.
I'm probably being too cautious but i hate the frustration of a semibrick device. I won't be able to sleep
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

I didn't even know you'd answered this question already.

Please, if you can help answer my qst on the tweak thread, I would really appreciate it.
I'm probably being too cautious but i hate the frustration of a semibrick device. I won't be able to sleep

Tweaking issues na Grandmufti and OlayinkaJnr you go follow bumper to bumper
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
genius43:

Tweaking issues na Grandmufti and OlayinkaJnr you go follow bumper to bumper

Lemme go and wake them up. Thanks smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilshevy(m): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
genius43:

There is a guide on the compilation thread but on that post ignore the ROM link. You only have to get a link to download the latest MIUI for your device.
OK... Gonna check it out. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Onyeka90210(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Yo good day guys, my redmi note 8 has been having proximity sensor issues after updating to 11.0.9,
I don't know if there's any fix, and when will mui 12 or Android 10 come out for note 8?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7828) (7829) (7830) (7831) (7832) (7833) (7834) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.