Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9189266 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7831) (7832) (7833) (7834) (7835) (7836) (7837) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fayrouzz(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
maclawrence02:

Check if mi account is logged in.
It was, but he logged out and restored the phone to factory settings...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
busuyi44:

Interpretation??
Are you asking me this boss? Hian..... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temilade01: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
jboixxx:
Aiye le....aiye ma le.... ọrọ aiye yi a ....o t'oju sumi....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Godsonjolly: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
Mrcalxy:

Redmi note 8 is better.

Except you're referring to Redmi 8 since they're around the same price bracket, then buy the Redmi 8
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Godsonjolly: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
Mrcalxy:

The processors are kinda head to head with each other

This Comparision might help with final purchase decision

Godsonjolly
Thanks a lot.. Already checked it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
temilade01:

Ohun ti a fe.....ohun ti a bere.....
Correct pesin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
So i had a very interesting conversation today with a friend.She has always been a die hard Samsung edge display fan right from our law school days.She is of the opinion that using any form of covering on the screen of an amoled curved screen device is like a sin.More like buying a beautiful leather chair and covering it with a plastic wrap.Like when and how do you enjoy the beautiful and vivid screen display?

She believes that these screen protectors don't do anything much to enhance the durability of the screen in the case of major drops or preventing scratches since the Corning gorilla glass 5 already does that?

I did a google search and actually saw that a lot of persons advocate against screen protectors on modern phones phones with a Corning gorilla glass protection.

Me I can't shout o,i like having some form of screen protection even though i love the look of my phone screen display without anything on it.However, psychologically,it makes me feel safe knowing my phone screen isn't bare and vulnerable to mild cracks and scuffs.

I know for bad high impact drops to the floor, only Jesus can save you and that phone.Both the tempered glass and the phone screen will shatter.Who else shares the same view as my friend.Will you be comfortable flexing your device without any added screen protector?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
queenfav:
So i had a very interesting conversation today with a friend.She has always been a die hard Samsung edge display fan right from our law school days.She is of the opinion that using any form of covering on the screen of an amoled curved screen device is like a sin.More like buying a beautiful leather chair and covering it with a plastic wrap.Like when and how do you enjoy the beautiful and vivid screen display?

She believes that these screen protectors don't do anything much to enhance the durability of the screen in the case of major drops or preventing scratches since the Corning gorilla glass 5 already does that?

I did a google search and actually saw that a lot of persons advocate against screen protectors on modern phones phones with a Corning gorilla glass protection.

Me I can't shout o,i like having some form of screen protection even though i love the look of my phone screen display without anything on it.However, psychologically,it makes me feel safe knowing my phone screen isn't bare and vulnerable to mild cracks and scuffs.

I know for bad high impact drops to the floor, only Jesus can save you and that phone.Both the tempered glass and the phone screen will shatter.Who else shares the same view as my friend.Will you be comfortable flexing your device without any added screen protector?

More protection is a good thing but if the price of a new display (Amoleds are expensive) is not a problem, do well to flex it without and take your L in peace in the event it happens.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
genius43:

Download full ROM and Re-install or try another launcher
please, am I downloading the recovery or fastboot? I can also downgrade bah?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
liljboy:
please, am I downloading the recovery or fastboot? I can also downgrade bah?

Recovery. You can't downgrade.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
genius43:

More protection is a good thing but if the price of a new display (Amoleds are expensive) is not a problem, do well to flex it without and take your L in peace in the event it happens.
exactly how I see it o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MartinsD12(m): 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Tamela:
Any Xiaomi Redmi device with 6000mah? Using Redmi Note 9 Pro but need something else.
What happened is the battery not strong enough
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Parzival001(m): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
queenfav:

I don't want to type much but I share the same opinion.
I've never used screen guard on my phone only during the early days of android

I'm actually surprised girls engage in this type of conversation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluwashedy: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
nani667:
Meme 12 Stable available for 9s / 9 Pro Indian Variant...
Font name please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
genius43:

Recovery. You can't downgrade.
guide on flashing it please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
liljboy:
guide on flashing it please.

check the Xiaomi compilation thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
Parzival001:

I don't want to type much but I share the same opinion.
I've never used screen guard on my phone only during the early days of android

I'm actually surprised girls engage in this type of conversation
lolz, e shock u abi?Me and my circle of friends are weird.We talk investments,real estate,forex,tech gadgets, electronics,music and even cars.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
genius43:

boss evening, please can you help me out with a link for a better gcam for note 9s, the one downloaded from gcamator ain't really giving me cool shots..thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
elvischukie:

boss evening, please can you help me out with a link for a better gcam for note 9s, the one downloaded from gcamator ain't really giving me cool shots..thanks

Check Redmi Note 9 Pro Photography channel on telegram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
queenfav:
She is of the opinion that using any form of covering on the screen of an amoled curved screen device is like a sin.More like buying a beautiful leather chair and covering it with a plastic wrap.Like when and how do you enjoy the beautiful and vivid screen display?

She believes that these screen protectors don't do anything much to enhance the durability of the screen in the case of major drops or preventing scratches since the Corning gorilla glass 5
I shared the same thought with your friend some months ago but I know better now. I removed the glass protection on my device and I fell in love with the beauty of the device without a tempered glass, then I started noticing mild scratches on the almighty Corning gorilla glass 5 after a few weeks and then I realized that the gorilla glass company might have been exaggerating the durability of it's products and believe me it's the truth. I still don't fancy using tempered glasses because it slightly reduces touch sensitivity and even the beauty of the device but I guess it's better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajineita: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
I know this is somewhat off topic. What app is currently good for streaming matches online? I use ShowMax but the image quality is way below average.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
genius43:

Check Redmi Note 9 Pro Photography channel on telegram

link ..thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
elvischukie:

link ..thanks

Search for it on telegram. I can't risk a ban for posting links.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ajineita:
I know this is somewhat off topic. What app is currently good for streaming matches online? I use ShowMax but the image quality is way below average.

But you can set video quality on Showmax na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
queenfav:

I've used no less than 15 Android devices since 2012, and — luckily for me — none of those devices' screen has ever broken, not even a slight crack.

I used them all without any form of protection whatsoever. My brother copied my idea and don't bother using screen protection anymore. But he broke the screen of his Note 9 just last week. How unlucky.

Gosh. I hate screen protectors. I love seeing my bare screen in all its sexiness.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajineita: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
genius43:

But you can set video quality on Showmax na.
I can't find the place to do that, kindly direct me please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Themaths(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
queenfav:

I have been using my Mi note 10 Lite without screen protection going to like 4 months now. It's not I intentionally like using it this way, it's just that I haven't been able to lay my hands on a good screen guard. But the gorilla glass 5 really lives up to the hype though.....the screen is still flawless despite several falls that my liver even drops with it sometimes...lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SholaAdeoye(m): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Good evening everyone. Please which do you guys think is the better phone between a Xaiomi Redmi 8 and the Note 7? I use a Redmi 8 and I'm thinking of ditching it for the Note 7. I don't like that the cover alongside the fingerprint peels and I find the location of the camera weird. I also think the note 7 has a better processor. Everytime I think about it, it feels like I'm only looking for reasons to justify me wanting to change the phone and not out of objectiveness. I'll appreciate any insights. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ajineita:

I can't find the place to do that, kindly direct me please.

I don't have the app installed currently. Just play around preferences
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
SholaAdeoye:
Good evening everyone. Please which do you guys think is the better phone between a Xaiomi Redmi 8 and the Note 7? I use a Redmi 8 and I'm thinking of ditching it for the Note 7. I don't like that the cover alongside the fingerprint peels and I find the location of the camera weird. I also think the note 7 has a better processor. Everytime I think about it, it feels like I'm only looking for reasons to justify me wanting to change the phone and not out of objectiveness. I'll appreciate any insights. Thanks.

If you won't complain of battery later on go for RN7 otherwise you better think of an all round upgrade
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SholaAdeoye(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ajineita:

Hello.

Check Hesgoal dot come, or checkout '@Livestream_102' on twitter. They're my plugs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajineita: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
SholaAdeoye:

Hello.

Check Hesgoal dot come, or checkout '@Livestream_102' on twitter. They're my plugs.
Thank so much, bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (7831) (7832) (7833) (7834) (7835) (7836) (7837) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.