Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9181355 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7883) (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by coatofwealth(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Dalek:
Hello all, I got got a new Redmi Note 9s yesterday. I noticed that anytime i get a whatsapp message i only see the notification in the notification shade but i keep peep the message. Any has a solution??
U mean u don't get WhatsApp pop up/ floating notifications?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dalek(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
coatofwealth:

U mean u don't get WhatsApp pop up/ floating notifications?

What i only get is how it is in that screenshot, unlike my Redmi 5, i can easily peep the whatsapp message even without opening whatsapp or clicking the notification.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dalek:
Hello all, I got got a new Redmi Note 9s yesterday. I noticed that anytime i get a whatsapp message i only see the notification in the notification shade but i keep peep the message. Any has a solution??
Edit your question.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by coatofwealth(m): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dalek:

What i only get is how it is in that screenshot, unlike my Redmi 5, i can easily peep the whatsapp message even without opening whatsapp or clicking the notification.
Oh! I now understand your question.
Lemme ask if you receive pop up/floating notifications from WhatsApp and other social apps like Facebook and Instagram?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dalek(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
coatofwealth:

Oh! I now understand your question.
Lemme ask if you receive pop up/floating notifications from WhatsApp and other social apps like Facebook and Instagram?

I only use whatapp and twitter, so cant really say. but i have Floating notifications on
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dalek:

I only use whatapp and twitter, so cant really say. but i have Floating notifications on

Check the WhatsApp notification settings and see if floating notifications is enabled. Also, make sure you don't have DND enabled.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

Sign-out and sign-in

Didn't work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
genius43:

Force restart your device by holding the power button for 15secs.

Thanks but this didn't work as well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
lagosboy3:

Thanks but this didn't work as well

Just rolling in perpetuity.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=holurinde post=94726344][/quote]

Define your subject and maintain the distance rule.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
lagosboy3:

Clear contacts app data and cache and try again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
An unfortunate human being i helped by giving a lift stole my new mi piston earphones from my car yesterday...I am just amazed!Abeg jboixxx,how far the KZn?That one no go even leave my bedroom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
queenfav:
An unfortunate human being i helped by giving a lift stole my new mi piston earphones from my car yesterday...I am just amazed!Abeg jboixxx,how far the KZn?That one no go even leave my bedroom.

No good deed goes unpunished. Sorry, dear smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
lagosboy3:

Your phone has disagreed completely o.

You could try saving to mi account or sim to see if it'll say the same thing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
abdsamad:

No good deed goes unpunished. Sorry, dear smiley
Thanks bro.I have learnt the lesson sha.Next time na to zoom off even if heavy rain dey fall.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
queenfav:

Sorry for Ur loss ma, Same thing happened to me some years back and I vowed never to give lifts to anyone, but over time I understood that you can't blame everyone for one person's sins.

Forgive, move on and never stop being the good person that u are.

Once again sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tamudo(m): 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
lagosboy3:

Try removing the SIM card, then proceed by saving the contact on the phone.
Now, reinsert your SIM card and try saving.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
saint2ace:

Sorry for Ur loss ma, Same thing happened to me some years back and I vowed never to give lifts to anyone, but over time I understood that you can't blame everyone for one person's sins.

Forgive, move on and never stop being the good person that u are.

Once again sorry for your loss.

It is well, thanks bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Macintosh101(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
abdsamad:

New or used?
New
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
Prymestrr:

Genius43 what may be the reason why my Google Assistant keeps launching on its own at various intervals for no reason? How can I fix that please?

Is it a bug from the MIUI12.0.3? I did an update sometime last month. Device is RN8Pro

Sometimes, the earphone you use can cause it. When there is movement in the 3.5mm Jack, it triggers the google assistant. I'm speaking from experience of my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
queenfav:
Thanks bro.I have learnt the lesson sha.Next time na to zoom off even if heavy rain dey fall.
Naa, don't let others suffer for someone's evil deeds, I know say u dey vex sha grin.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kennyflyair:

Sometimes, the earphone you use can cause it. When there is movement in the 3.5mm Jack, it triggers the google assistant. I'm speaking from experience of my phone
Absolutely correct, it is usually caused by the mic button when it's either getting faulty or accidentally touched.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kendrick9(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Abeg can Redmi 7 or 8 still be found in stores?
if yes, how much is the cost?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
kendrick9:

They're are numerous sellers selling the redmi 8 on the thread store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
kendrick9:

message me on WhatsApp messenger
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Gptech:

Naa, don't let others suffer for someone's evil deeds, I know say u dey vex sha grin.
Vex is an understatement..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iceque(m): 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
Yuu Still Wan Sell?
Olayetan:
So I finally bought note 9 pro yesterday

Honestly, I'm so disappointed with the typing, I'm not getting my Samsung experience from the typing and it's really giving me headache.

Wish I had bought Samsung galaxy note 8.

Anyone wanna come pay for my note 9 pro (6GB & 128GB)
I wanna switch back to Samsung.

I love the camera and display but typing is just so difficult for me as its not responding fast to my typing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dmgr(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
Since when I updated to A10, my network keeps fluctuating going on and off after short intervals, am using Airtel network, and my battery doesn't last like before.
Redmi8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prymestrr(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
festwiz:

Google assistant bugs are from Google assistant not MiUI. It's the voice prompt going haywire sometimes. I've had this issue across several devices. Sometimes a sneeze will trigger Assistant. The only way to avoid it completely is to disable the voice match function.

Launch the Google app>Settings>Google assistant>Assistant>Devices (select phone)

Side note, if you use the voice command a lot, I'd recommend doing any pending Google app updates on the Play Store and retraining voice model.

Done as per your instructions. Hopefully that will take care of the glitch. Let me observe it for a while. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prymestrr(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kennyflyair:

That's true...but I've been using more of my TWS of recent than my wired headset but still Google Assistant keeps launching without warning.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Please how do I clear this as its occupying much space

(1) (2) (3) ... (7883) (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.