Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9181026 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) (7890) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello y'all Pls I need a Redmi 8A Case or Pouch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
Jecyangel:
Please how do I clear this as its occupying much space
Those are files such as Zip files, OBB files or any other file extension that is not recognised as an app, document or media file. You should check your WhatsApp database folder. Local backups tend to take a lot of space. You can also use the Cleaner function of the security app and scan for large files and delete them.

You can also check and delete all the items in the trashbin and the thumbnail files in the cache folder using your file manager. The folder paths are in the SS' below

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dalek:

What i only get is how it is in that screenshot, unlike my Redmi 5, i can easily peep the whatsapp message even without opening whatsapp or clicking the notification.
is ur rm5 still in gud condition',do want to sell?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Jecyangel:

use the security app to scan and delete unwanted files
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by arleck(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Help! After updating miui . My phone keeps reporting bug. Network will reboot. What might be wrong?? Phone type Xiaomi red mi note 9S

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
arleck:
Help! After updating miui . My phone keeps reporting bug. Network will reboot. What might be wrong?? Phone type Xiaomi red mi note 9S

Force restart by holding the power button for 10 - 15 seconds
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Jecyangel:

Which phone is this and why isn't it fast charging ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by trueking: 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
Meister:

Good day, please I don't know why my redmi 8 wouldn't share internet with my laptop, it connects but no internet with my data on, I first thought it was the Airtel I had to buy data on my MTN still to no avail. It's on Android ten.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by arleck(m): 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
Meister:

I just turned it off and get it turned on again... Did same sh * t yesterday too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
genius43:

Thanks.

Sorry I'm just seeing this.

Happy birthday to you bro, I pray God blesses your future more than your past and the present.

Stay blessed...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
freeAgent99:

Sorry I'm just seeing this.

Happy birthday to you bro, I pray God blesses your future more than your past and the present.

Stay blessed...

Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Macintosh101:
New

Check the thread store for devices in that range
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:34am On Oct 09, 2020
arleck:

I just turned it off and get it turned on again... Did same sh * t yesterday too

Force restart is different from turning off and on, do it exactly the way I told you to. This has happened to me too on my note 9s and that's how I solved it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:35am On Oct 09, 2020
trueking:

Good day, please I don't know why my redmi 8 wouldn't share internet with my laptop, it connects but no internet with my data on, I first thought it was the Airtel I had to buy data on my MTN still to no avail. It's on Android ten.

Bro I don't know oo, the ogas should help him out please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by callydon(m): 1:59am On Oct 09, 2020
trueking:

While setting up ur hotspot, make sure you didn't set the 'AP BAND' to 5.0 GHz, if you did, change it back to 2.4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by arleck(m): 3:29am On Oct 09, 2020
Meister:

Force restart is different from turning off and on, do it exactly the way I told you to. This has happened to me too on my note 9s and that's how I solved it
I would. Next time it does the nonsense. But for now the turning off of the mobile phone has solved it now. The force start hope I wouldn't lose any file on my phone ? That force start hope it isn't like hard reset
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:21am On Oct 09, 2020
arleck:

I would. Next time it does the nonsense. But for now the turning off of the mobile phone has solved it now. The force start hope I wouldn't lose any file on my phone ? That force start hope it isn't like hard reset

Hard reset is totally different
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by trueking: 4:44am On Oct 09, 2020
Meister:

Bro I don't know oo, the ogas should help him out please
callydon:

While setting up ur hotspot, make sure you didn't set the 'AP BAND' to 5.0 GHz, if you did, change it back to 2.4
Oh thanks it's working now, the problem wasn't from the phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2020
So many complains after updates in the previous pages.........when I told guys here that I dread updates, and gave them several reasons and instances, they were all insulting me.

I still maintain that nothing beats the one preinstalled from the factory. I see no reason to update my device provided it is still serving me well.

Some of you don't even know that this guys can intentionally send a bug through the updates to render the device useless and force customers to buy New phones. Apple normally do it and they were caught sometime in 2017.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2020
Prymestrr:

Genius43 what may be the reason why my Google Assistant keeps launching on its own at various intervals for no reason? How can I fix that please?

Is it a bug from the MIUI12.0.3? I did an update sometime last month. Device is RN8Pro
do u use gesture navigation or the classic android one? Maybe u're swiping up from the bottom-left or right of ur phone without realising, as that's how you trigger assistant when using gesture navigation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prymestrr(m): 7:59am On Oct 09, 2020
tidedroid:
do u use gesture navigation or the classic android one? Maybe u're swiping up from the bottom-left or right of ur phone without realising, as that's how you trigger assistant when using gesture navigation.

I use gesture navigation. I also know about the bottom left or right gesture launch for GA. But the issue I had was GA launching on its own randomly without prior command or gesture.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:02am On Oct 09, 2020
Fokosobo:
So many complains after updates in the previous pages.........when I told guys here that I dread updates, and gave them several reasons and instances, they were all insulting me.

I still maintain that nothing beats the one preinstalled from the factory. I see no reason to update my device provided it is still serving me well.

Some of you don't even know that this guys can intentionally send a bug through the updates to render the device useless and force customers to buy New phones. Apple normally do it and they were caught sometime in 2017.
Updates are to fix issues and at times, they may come with another. This doesn't make it (update) a dreadful thing. Some of the issues bn experienced might be cleared by hard restarting the device. Some of us always advice users to do manual update by downloading a full ROM and install it manually. This oftentimes, prevent unnecessary conflicts.

It's a user's choice to either update or not. As you've said, if your device is serving you well, you may decide against updating.

Ex.: A colleague of mine was having an issue with his Umidigi A7 Pro recently. I asked him to check for system update and update the device if there's any pending one. He did and issue was fixed with added features and improvements.

Not all updates are buggy and not all updates are perfect!

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:09am On Oct 09, 2020
jboixxx:
Updates are to fix issues and at times, they may come with another. This doesn't make it (update) a dreadful thing. Some of the issues bn experienced might be cleared by hard restarting the device. Some of us always advice users to do manual update by downloading a full ROM and install it manually. This oftentimes, prevent unnecessary conflicts.

It's a user's choice to either update or not. As you've said, if your device is serving you well, you may decide against updating.

Ex.: A colleague of mine was having an issue with his Umidigi A7 Pro recently. I asked him to check for system update and update the device if there's any pending one. He did and issue was fixed with added features and improvements.

Not all updates are buggy and not all updates are perfect!

Exactly, he should keep his theories to himself. If I get an updatei do it.

QED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 9:12am On Oct 09, 2020
queenfav:
An unfortunate human being i helped by giving a lift stole my new mi piston earphones from my car yesterday...I am just amazed!Abeg jboixxx,how far the KZn?That one no go even leave my bedroom.
Lolz, funny enough the person will be thanking God for using you as a point of contact. This life truly no get balance atall atall. Sorry for you loss. Kzn pro from jboixxx go come and wipe away your tears and bring back sunshine into your life grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rxprecious(m): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2020
Sgbate:
Hello all!
Please I want to get a romoss power bank on the xiaomi thread store who is a verified seller there? Can i go ahead and get it from iscom?

Tested and trusted

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2020
maclawrence02:

Lolz, funny enough the person will be thanking God for using you as a point of contact. This life truly no get balance atall atall. Sorry for you loss. Kzn pro from jboixxx go come and wipe away your tears and bring back sunshine into your life grin
thanks bro..I can't laugh abeg.Which kain point of contact?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samtob4life: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2020
GreaterFuture:
Hello y'all Pls I need a Redmi 8A Case or Pouch
Available

Lagos/Osun/Ekiti

Whatsapp 08165419094
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bendovex: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2020
queenfav:
An unfortunate human being i helped by giving a lift stole my new mi piston earphones from my car yesterday...I am just amazed!Abeg jboixxx,how far the KZn?That one no go even leave my bedroom.
Lol, so sorry. Similar thing almost happened to me on Monday. Gave one unfortunate human being lift and I had my phone in the cupholder between the driver/passenger. When the guy alighted, I immediately noticed my phone wasn't where I kept it. Then looked and saw it on the front passenger seat, where the guy sat. Apparently, the guy wasn't fast enough to pocket the phone. Inside life.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2020
bendovex:

Lol, so sorry. Similar thing almost happened to me on Monday. Gave one unfortunate human being lift and I had my phone in the cupholder between the driver/passenger. When the guy alighted, I immediately noticed my phone wasn't where I kept it. Then looked and saw it on the front passenger seat, where the guy sat. Apparently, the guy wasn't fast enough to pocket the phone. Inside life.
U get luck..Thank God my phone was in my bag at the back seat.I was trying to buy throat lozenges in traffic.I think that was when she pocketed my earphones.Tomorrow they will say people don't help!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2020
good morning Bosses.
I had the shock of my life 2 nights ago.
woke up and saw that abt 8 apps have bn installed in my Redmi note7 and over 1 GB data wasted. the data was actually on as I was using the phone b4 I dosed off.
I have not come to terms with what happened.
has anyone experienced such ever?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crixxx: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2020
genius43:

Depends on what the person wants.
. Was told note 8 is 77k in one of the stores in port harcourt. Is that the original price. Or he is about being scammed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:48am On Oct 09, 2020
Crixxx:
. Was told note 8 is 77k in one of the stores in port harcourt. Is that the original price. Or he is about being scammed.
What variant? 64 or 128?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) (7889) (7890) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.