Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9176080 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7894) (7895) (7896) (7897) (7898) (7899) (7900) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
Good Evening House..

Pls how can I directly message the moderator(s) of this thread?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
EseAbed:
Good Evening House..

Pls how can I directly message the moderator(s) of this thread?

This thread have no moderators, it is the section that have moderators. Once you click on phone section you will see mail mods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
Hello guys. I've enabled vibrated when Call is answered but it's not vibrating. Any suggestions to help me out?

Ps - I've hard reset several times
I've also done the latest update this afternoon.
It's been like that since I bought the phone.
And yes, the vibrator of the phone works
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kennyflyair:

First question - The aliepress seller is the one who flashed the global rom. I don't know much about flashing xiaomi

Second question - Device works fine. Only issue is I don't get Mtn 4g in my area cos band 3 never reach. All other 4g I dey get.
Another question pls, Are you on the latest MIUI version?
If Yes, does your phone have these occasional lags and is the battery life still as it used to be on the previous MIUI softwares.
If No, how is the performance like, does it handle day-to-day and regular tasks smoothly.

PS: I upgraded to the latest versions a few days after I bought it, and it isn't how feel like it should be. I think I recall that on the previous Versions it wasn't like this, but I did not stay long, so I am not very certain.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
spactacus:
mtn dey use band 3. But e no dey everywhere
No wonder, my RN7pro has both bands 3 & 7 but it's still not getting MTN 4G/LTE.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kennyflyair:

First question - The aliepress seller is the one who flashed the global rom. I don't know much about flashing xiaomi

Second question - Device works fine. Only issue is I don't get Mtn 4g in my area cos band 3 never reach. All other 4g I dey get.
Same here with my RN7pro, bought from AliExpress too. Am forced to use Airtel 4G.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
onyidon22:
I ordered some a case from Aliexpress two days ago and selected Aliexpress standard shipping as the shipping agent. It was advertised on the site that I would receive my consignment within 20 to 35 days if I chose the Aliexpress standard shipping. But surprisingly, when I checked my order this evening, I saw something like "your order is in transit and will arrive within 85 days".
I was devastated by this message because I don't think I have the patience to wait for almost three months for my goods to arrive.

Has anyone here been in my shoes before? How long does it take an item shipped with Aliexpress standard shipping to arrive Nigeria?
Please help a brother. This is my first time of trying to buy something from aliepress
I bought one that arrived in 20days! just last week to Lagos. Shipped 19th Sept, Landed 7th Oct. Just calm down
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
I am just here to praise my Pocophone! It is the best phone I have ever used! I bought it brand new last year April for 90k and I can sell it today for 100k! But I will never sell this phone! XIAOMI is too sweet! tongue tongue tongue

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gameboy727(m): 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
stephinnoyewole:
@macbeyland came all through Thanks for the freebies as well, God bless u bro
Please How much did everything cost you?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
GreaterFuture:

Another question pls, Are you on the latest MIUI version?
If Yes, does your phone have these occasional lags and is the battery life still as it used to be on the previous MIUI softwares.
If No, how is the performance like, does it handle day-to-day and regular tasks smoothly.

PS: I upgraded to the latest versions a few days after I bought it, and it isn't how feel like it should be. I think I recall that on the previous Versions it wasn't like this, but I did not stay long, so I am not very certain.

Yes I'm on the latest miui. Just installed the latest this afternoon. Battery life seems the same. It's still fairly new (1 month) so battery issues can't really be noticeable yet.

No lags. I don't use much apps.

It handles my tasks without problems. But your usage may differ from mine. So you may not really use my case to judge yours.

Try check your device for updates, there should be a new one. You may update if you feel a need to.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
shedy03:

Same here with my RN7pro, bought from AliExpress too. Am forced to use Airtel 4G.

That's the only downside I see to the china version of xiaomi. Every other thing seems manageable.

Na that follow come china rom I for even like try now. I wan see wetin dey inside.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
sexiestharam:
I am just here to praise my Pocophone! It is the best phone I have ever used! I bought it brand new last year April for 90k and I can sell it today for 100k! But I will never sell this phone! XIAOMI is too sweet! tongue tongue tongue

Who will buy it 100k abeg ?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by missiles: 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
shedy03:

Fortunately for me (rn7pro), mtn 4g, airtel 4g are in my area only glo 4g is missing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by careytommy37(m): 11:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Meister:

Leave auntie to cruise her cruise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:51pm On Oct 12, 2020
Smartmanager:
Good days guys. My Redmi Note 5A no dey power on,but dey show notification light. Could it be that the motherboard is dead?
Leave the battery to charge for long. If it still doesn't power up then, remove the back cover, disconnect the battery socket, reconnect, put back the back cover and try powering up again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 12:06am On Oct 13, 2020
missiles:

Fortunately for me (rn7pro), mtn 4g, airtel 4g are in my area only glo 4g is missing.
Wao. The MTN at ur location must be on band 3 or 7, both of which RN7pro has.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2020
Meister:

Those who are not aware of newer Xiaomi phones that beats the pocophone and costs around the same price.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2020
Meister:

It presently goes for 165k brand new. Please don't ask me yeye questions!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 6:46am On Oct 13, 2020
sexiestharam:

It presently goes for 165k brand new. Please don't ask me yeye questions!

Calm down ma.... Put it up for sale then, I want to check something.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 6:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Hello I just on my phone this morning and I was debited 50 naira twice for sending an SMS I can't even see nor did I send ... I am suspecting this activation stuff.... Please come to my help my fellow Xiaomities
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by coatofwealth(m): 7:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Remmedy:
Hello I just on my phone this morning and I was debited 50 naira twice for sending an SMS I can't even see nor did I send ... I am suspecting this activation stuff.... Please come to my help my fellow Xiaomities
Deactivate Xiaomi Sim Activation Service Asap.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Israellionel: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Does That Mean That We Redmi 5 Plus Users Were Left Hanging Just Like That??

When Are We Getting Miui 12?
Are We Even Getting It At All
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2020
coatofwealth:
Deactivate Xiaomi Sim Activation Service Asap.
Thanks for your swift help ....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 7:37am On Oct 13, 2020
Meister:

Calm down ma.... Put it up for sale then, I want to check something.

didn't you read that I don't want to sell it? undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Israellionel:
Does That Mean That We Redmi 5 Plus Users Were Left Hanging Just Like That??

When Are We Getting Miui 12?
Are We Even Getting It At All

Redmi 5 plus isn't on the list of devices getting MIUI 12. RN5 is and it will be it's last MIUI update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jidaiski(m): 8:18am On Oct 13, 2020
Please can anybody add or recommend me to any WhatsApp,telegram or all social media group for redmi note 9s users....please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:28am On Oct 13, 2020
Jidaiski:
Please can anybody add or recommend me to any WhatsApp,telegram or all social media group for redmi note 9s users....please

What do you need them for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Meister:

You'd be surprised o.

For this nairaland, I know someone that sold his 9 months old Redmi 7 for 60k. Phone he bought for 48k (3/32).

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by youngcizza(m): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2020
pls i want to order one Xiaomi phone worth about 150+...how do you guys order phones from AliExpress with this dollar restrictions??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Israellionel: 8:48am On Oct 13, 2020
sad
genius43:

Redmi 5 plus isn't on the list of devices getting MIUI 12. RN5 is and it will be it's last MIUI update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Xiaomi fans wetin de happen, hv been a while I visited this section, the comments
Am seeing today about xiaomi, a no understand. Wetin de happen na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrrespect(m): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2020
festwiz:

Ah! Why? Your phone will explode. grin

I don't get scared of phone update. After all it Xiaomi we are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7894) (7895) (7896) (7897) (7898) (7899) (7900) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.