Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,185 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8057) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9184505 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8054) (8055) (8056) (8057) (8058) (8059) (8060) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
The ear speaker on my RNS has refused to work all of a sudden. Something I still used to call this evening. I can only hear a caller on loud speaker.

I'm thinking of returning it to the store tomorrow before it's too late. I've switched it off and on, and it's still the same. Could it be a factory defect?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:12am On Dec 09, 2020
Mustiboy:
The ear speaker on my RNS has refused to work all of a sudden. Something I still used to call this evening. I can only hear a caller on loud speaker.

I'm thinking of returning it to the store tomorrow before it's too late. I've switched it off and on, and it's still the same. Could it be a factory defect?

If you follow the thread you would know that it was a bug.

Force restart your phone by holding the power button for 15 seconds and update your phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 12:45am On Dec 09, 2020
genius43:

If you follow the thread you would know that it was a bug.

Force restart your phone by holding the power button for 15 seconds and update your phone.

It worked! cheesy

Thanks. My mind didn't go there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paymentvoucher: 2:58am On Dec 09, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 09, 2020
genius43:

No Xiaomi phone comes with earphone except you live in France where all OEMs are obligated by law to include headphones.

Don't mind our useless senators... Instead of them to pass a bill for OEMs to be including a plate of rice and turkey for every device we buy.... grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 4:59am On Dec 09, 2020
paymentvoucher:
https://www. nairaland. com /6304050/xiaomi-cancels-miui-12-update
na to save money upgrade from redmi 7 bdat o since I'm not into tweaking, getting the vanilla model of redmi series really suck sha but... I will still say kudos to them because it may be that the devices failed at the testing stage and it's better safe than sorry. WE MOVE.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:56am On Dec 09, 2020
sajmark:

na to save money upgrade from redmi 7 bdat o since I'm not into tweaking, getting the vanilla model of redmi series really suck sha but... I will still say kudos to them because it may be that the devices failed at the testing stage and it's better safe than sorry. WE MOVE.

Exactly. If they push an unstable update na end users go still shout.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 09, 2020
vicot:

58K.... lokoja
Are you using Glo network. Do you know if it's supports glo4g
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

Are you using Glo network. Do you know if it's supports glo4g

It does
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gbosah91(m): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2020
My redmi note 9 pro, start this switching off by itself while charging. I have notice it twice. I don't know what is the problem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:38am On Dec 09, 2020
gbosah91:
My redmi note 9 pro, start this switching off by itself while charging. I have notice it twice. I don't know what is the problem.

And when not charging?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lawrenceunaa: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2020
Pls guys I'm new to Xiaomi. Got the note9s 6/128 variant Miui 11. My issue is that it drains quickly from 100 to 80% b4 stabilizing. Any remedy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2020
lawrenceunaa:
Pls guys I'm new to Xiaomi. Got the note9s 6/128 variant Miui 11. My issue is that it drains quickly from 100 to 80% b4 stabilizing. Any remedy

Update your phone but Draining quickly happens between 100-90% and it is not a bug. It is an adaptive battery feature to reduce your number of charge cycles and prolong your battery health
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uctomide(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2020
explosiveskull:

Try this link https:// rexdl .com/android/call-recorder-acr-premium-apk. html/
Remove spaces

Please I need help on the app, downloaded it but it only records my voice not the other party. I use rn9s.

Any settings am missing plz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2020
Mustiboy:

It worked! cheesy

Thanks. My mind didn't go there.

So you won't be returning it again, abi?
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2020
genius43:

Check APN settings.
Boss, thanks a lot, it worked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jamie90(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2020
Who has any fairly used redmi for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2020
freeAgent99:

So you won't be returning it again, abi?
cheesy

Definitely not

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2020
This one I am hearing different "who else has observed..." on redmi 9... Hope I won't experience same too.

I plan on buying redmi 9 today using easy buy.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2020
wamiikechukwu:
This one I am hearing different "who else has observed..." on redmi 9... Hope I won't experience same too.

I use Redmi 9, it's a cool device.

The only issue I've had is that the charger (adapter) stopped working just after two days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
paulshakur:
Brand Lagos.

Adverts are strictly not allowed here there is a thread for that in the technology market.

Stick to the rules of engagement.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
OwoukoUrua:

The only issue I've had is that the charger (adapter) stopped working just after two days.

It probably got burnt from your power source.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enigma0: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
genius43:

I downloaded Gcam for redmi note 9 using a link you posted, installed it, applied the config files accordingly, but whenever I take a shot with the camera, the photo isn't showing, I tested the portrait mode,..all it was showing was the attached image.. it's only the lens blur mode that shoots

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jamie90(m): 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

How much is it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
enigma0:

I downloaded Gcam for redmi note 9 using a link you posted, installed it, applied the config files accordingly, but whenever I take a shot with the camera, the photo isn't showing, I tested the portrait mode,..all it was showing was the attached image.. it's only the lens blur mode that shoots

If you actually applied the config within the Gcam it will work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

brocheesycheesy no be only you o, what I'm seeing here is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what I saw on YouTube and I have seen about 10 different reviews for the RN9 and RN9s, I know a dude who's been using RN8 for a year+ and not a single problem. as I dey here, I dey wondercheesycheesy. life Na risk, I'd rather use a Sudan-Used Xiaomi than Tecno. Enough of Transsion Misdirection.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OwoukoUrua(m): 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
genius43:

I don't think so . . . no heat, no smell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
OwoukoUrua:

Ahhhhhhh

This one go pain me oooo

So sorry...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
SAMBHOSS:

brocheesycheesy no be only you o, what I'm seeing here is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what I saw on YouTube and I have seen about 10 different reviews for the RN9 and RN9s, I know a dude who's been using RN8 for a year+ and not a single problem. as I dey here, I dey wondercheesycheesy. life Na risk, I'd rather use a Sudan-Used Xiaomi than Tecno. Enough of Transsion Misdirection.

My told my friends that the day I buy any transsion products, they should know I have been abducted by aliens...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
Jamie90:

How much is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8054) (8055) (8056) (8057) (8058) (8059) (8060) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.