Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9182974 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8143) (8144) (8145) (8146) (8147) (8148) (8149) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:47am On Jan 16, 2021
lanre316:

Luckily, Trump is on his way out. I can't imagine Xiaomi without Google apps.

This is not an entity ban yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:47am On Jan 16, 2021
lanre316:

Luckily, Trump is on his way out. I can't imagine Xiaomi without Google apps.

Biden would be a chip of Trumps block....... Well, except twitter......... cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 7:44am On Jan 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Biden would be a chip of Trumps block....... Well, except twitter......... cheesy
Biden will be as far,far away removed from Trump's block as possible..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cboyflald(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2021
famz pls help, my redmi 8 fell down yesterday at first it displayed but later d phone doesn't display anymore pls what could be d problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2021
Cboyflald:
famz pls help, my redmi 8 fell down yesterday at first it displayed but later d phone doesn't display anymore pls what could be d problem

Screen is probably gone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cboyflald(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2021
genius43:

Screen is probably gone

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 8:28am On Jan 16, 2021
MIUI 12 stable now available for redmi note 5

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 8:35am On Jan 16, 2021
Jacobx007:
MIUI 12 stable now available for redmi note 5
this is no news bro, as men have been rocking it for a while now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 8:41am On Jan 16, 2021
Mark9854:

this is no news bro, as men have been rocking it for a while now.
Ok bro, just saw it recently
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mujaya1(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2021
peteregwu:

Am actually aware, but it has not reached my phone.
activate get updated early

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drmuchin: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2021
genius43
any miui 12 release for redmi 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2021
genius43:

If any android version was a success, why will it get a new version and why are some features in old ones removed? Isn't it part of streamlining?

You can keep your doubts in your wallet. No one is forcing you to update.

FYI: This will be the last time I will be responding to you.

At least there's no android 11.5 or 10.5. I don't have doubts, you're either ignorant or pretending to be ignorant of the bugs MIUI 12 has.

Last time you'll be responding to me? Why were you even responding to me? You didn't add anything useful to my enquiries.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2021
Server88:

At least there's no android 11.5 or 10.5. I don't have doubts, you're either ignorant or pretending to be ignorant of the bugs MIUI 12 has.

Last time you'll be responding to me? Why were you even responding to me? You didn't add anything useful to my enquiries.

Okay. Continue disgracing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2021
drmuchin:
genius.43

any miui 12 release for redmi 7?

How many times will I respond to this? Check your mentions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2021
genius43:

Okay. Continue disgracing yourself.
Lmao. Genius, I thought you weren't gonna reply me anymore? grin grin
What made you change your mind? grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 16, 2021
How do I reduce Data consumption on my Redmi 9?
Nawa ohhh!!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmyreal4(m): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2021
DeNoble001:
Nawa ohhh!!
Very Easy way to reduce data consumption, STOP using data.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:37am On Jan 16, 2021
peteregwu:
Uptil now am yet to get miui 12 new update on my redmi 8. See I go vex ooo... Which kine thing be that na? How can i spend my hard earned money on a redmi 8 and till now I struggle to get and update on miui 12. Let me just calm down first. What rubbish!
Oga come telegram make we give you link, the update has been officially released. Abi no be global version you dey use?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2021
Emmyreal4:
Very Easy way to reduce data consumption, STOP using data.

Oga this is uncalled for
That question is totally normal and regular

What's with the savage wannabe self

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajineita: 10:42am On Jan 16, 2021
DeNoble001:
Nawa ohhh!!
Trace the apps with high data consumption, restrict their background activities.
This should help....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 10:42am On Jan 16, 2021
DeNoble001:
Nawa ohhh!!
You can start by turning off Google discover in your theme settings, if you're not into it

Restrict data usage for apps that auto run and connect to the internet e.g I restrict data usage for my default music player so it doesn't use data when ever my data is on ( i don't stream the music there so no need)...google photos might also be doing auto back up with your data...if u don't want to back up photos online, u could restrict data usage ETC undecided

Check if ur play store is auto updating apps too , also check app updates in settings if it's on auto update too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmyreal4(m): 10:42am On Jan 16, 2021
Gemineye:
Oga this is uncalled for
That question is totally normal and regular

What's with the savage wannabe self
you want to reduce data consumption and I gave you a suggestion, what did I do wrong

If you are offended by my suggestion, sorry.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 10:45am On Jan 16, 2021
Emmyreal4:
you want to reduce data consumption and I gave you a suggestion, what did I do wrong

If you are offended by my suggestion, sorry.
He/She said reduce na undecided
It's a normal question jare. Unbeknownst to you, there are apps that drink data surreptitiously it's not out of place to want to prevent this

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2021
Thanks a lot
I can't find this Google discover on my theme app
Gemineye:
You can start by turning off Google discover in your theme settings, if you're not into it

Restrict data usage for apps that auto run and connect to the internet e.g I restrict data usage for my default music player so it doesn't use data when ever my data is on ( i don't stream the music there so no need)...google photos might also be doing auto back up with your data...if u don't want to back up photos online, u could restrict data usage ETC undecided

Check if ur play store is auto updating apps too , also check app updates in settings if it's on auto update too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:16am On Jan 16, 2021
Server88:

You do know most OEMS have different software versions right? OneUI has different versions up to version 3.5, same for oneplus,Huawei etc. These things are very normal as new version serves as an improvement to the former.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2021
DeNoble001:
Nawa ohhh!!
Click on where the arrow point, then click on restrict data usage. And cancel all apps that don't need data to function. Then click on system apps and cancel gallery (major data drinker) , file Manager, mi video, music and apps (very important expecially that gallery app cos its download and save file to your cloud without your permission), good luck..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Click on where the arrow point, then click on restrict data usage. And cancel all apps that don't need data to function. Then click on system apps and cancel gallery (major data drinker) , file Manager, mi video, music and apps (very important expecially that gallery app cos its download and save file to your cloud without your permission), good luck..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 11:21am On Jan 16, 2021
DeNoble001:
Thanks a lot
I can't find this Google discover on my theme app
touch and hold an empty space on your homescreen till it brings up the menu. Goto settings/more. Untick google discover. Most importantly, restrict data usage for apps u don't want connecting to the internet

You could also turn off recommendations in certain system apps(music, file manager etc)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 16, 2021
I just did all these, thanks a lot
I hope it reduces

Gemineye:
touch and hold an empty space on your homescreen till it brings up the menu. Goto settings/more. Untick google discover. Most importantly, restrict data usage for apps u don't want connecting to the internet

You could also turn off recommendations in certain system apps(music, file manager etc)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enigma0: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2021
Server88:

Okay, thanks for the reply. I'm guessing you're loving it? Did you notice any difference?

Sure..

Differences??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2021
Cboyflald:
Is there any crack on it? It's possible the display connector went out due to the impact of the fall, you'll need to open the phone to check.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
DeNoble001:
I just did all these, thanks a lot
I hope it reduces

Can we see a screenshot of your data usage stats?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8143) (8144) (8145) (8146) (8147) (8148) (8149) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.