Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9194559 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8154) (8155) (8156) (8157) (8158) (8159) (8160) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:31am On Jan 22, 2021
Thazard:
jboixxx
genius43

Please can you recommend a redmi phone with;
absolutely great camera
256 GB rom
snapdragon processor

Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10T Pro. Mi 11 Pro(Coming Soon), Mi 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 5:23am On Jan 22, 2021
Notification does not show on lock screen (RN9) after locking phone.

let's say I'm downloading a movie with google chrome, and my phone gets locked, if i double tap or press power bottons to wake it, I won't see the download notification on lock screen, but if i unlock the phone it'll show on notification bar.

If I missed a call while my phone was unlocked, if i lock and wake the phone, I won't see the notification on lockscreen, although the mised call icon will show on notification bar when unlocked.

If I'm on WhatsApp and i receive messages, immediately i lock the screen and wake it, I don't see the message notification on the screen

Same goes for other apps except music app
I've enabled every notification settings i could find (show notification content on lock screen and the rest). Still not working. Changed theme to default, still not working

Who's experiencing this, any fix?
Tho if i ON my data down while my phone is locked I'll be able to see notifications from e.g WhatsApp when i wake the phone. But once i unlock and lock again I won't be able to see them on lockscreen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2021
Redmi Note 6 pro MIUI 12 Update

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gingger(m): 6:51am On Jan 22, 2021
Jboixxx has delivered.
Thanks for the trust man

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:53am On Jan 22, 2021
Gemineye:
Notification does not show on lock screen (RN9) after locking phone.

let's say I'm downloading a movie with google chrome, and my phone gets locked, if i double tap or press power bottons to wake it, I won't see the download notification on lock screen, but if i unlock the phone it'll show on notification bar.

If I missed a call while my phone was unlocked, if i lock and wake the phone, I won't see the notification on lockscreen, although the mised call icon will show on notification bar when unlocked.

If I'm on WhatsApp and i receive messages, immediately i lock the screen and wake it, I don't see the message notification on the screen

Same goes for other apps except music app
I've enabled every notification settings i could find (show notification content on lock screen and the rest). Still not working. Changed theme to default, still not working

Who's experiencing this, any fix?
Tho if i ON my data down while my phone is locked I'll be able to see notifications from e.g WhatsApp when i wake the phone. But once i unlock and lock again I won't be able to see them on lockscreen.

It is disabled, go to settings and enable it. It is a matter of preference though.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ekrizz(m): 8:25am On Jan 22, 2021
Hello guys, please my Redmi 8A camera quality got reduced all of a sudden.
Its pictures used to be great but now, they look very poor when I snap with it. I've tried everything on its settings, yet nothing has changed.

Please, I need help on how to rectify this issue. Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2021
ekrizz:
Hello guys, please my Redmi 8A camera quality got reduced all of a sudden.
Its pictures used to be great but now, they look very poor when I snap with it. I've tried everything on its settings, yet nothing has changed.

Please, I need help on how to rectify this issue. Thank you.

Have you checked for dirts in your lens?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2021
genius43:

It is disabled, go to settings and enable it. It is a matter of preference though.

It's not this settings actually. He's talking about seeing notifications on lock screen not the wake lock screen for notifications feature.

@Gemineye, go to settings, notifications, then lock screen notifications and toggle the apps you want to be showing notifications on lock screen. See the screenshot below.

Even if you double tap lock screen, you'll see the notification you want if there's any.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2021
genius43:

Thanks Boss. But this one automatically wakes the screen when there's notification. Don't really know how to explain the stuff sha undecided but
The first pic shows notification on the notification bar
The second pic is the lock screen and the notifications no longer display on the marked area and I've not cleared them yet. Dunno if you get me

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:53am On Jan 22, 2021
olayinkajnr:

It's not this settings actually. He's talking about seeing notifications on lock screen not the wake lock screen for notifications feature.

@Gemineye, go to settings, notifications, then lock screen notifications and toggle the apps you want to be showing notifications on lock screen. See the screenshot below.

Even if you double tap lock screen, you'll see the notification you want if there's any.

Mine without that option I highlighted even with this your option on. Notification won't come to lock screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ekrizz(m): 8:54am On Jan 22, 2021
genius43:

Have you checked for dirts in your lens?

Yes boss, there's none. The picture quality looks like picture snapped with old model phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2021
ekrizz:

Yes boss, there's none. The picture quality looks like picture snapped with old model phones

Download full ROM and reinstall.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UncutSk(m): 8:59am On Jan 22, 2021
biosepeter1:
Redmi Phones are very bad in RAM Optimization .. Something a Redmi fan boy won't wana talk about.. There's nothing you can do about it jare
this is true
Xiaomi has poor ram management

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2021
olayinkajnr:

I've hitherto done this oo, still when i double tap my screen, I won't see the notifications on lock screen

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UncutSk(m): 9:03am On Jan 22, 2021
Kennyflyair:

Not in all cases. I've used 2 versions of redmi 8a one is 2gb ram and the other is 3gb ram. I noticed the poor ram management on the 2gb version. So far, nothing like that on the 3gb.
even the 3gig ram ones has refresh issues unless you lock apps to memory
I've come to a conclusion that muiui is too heavy
even if I'm gonna use a redmi phone again it's gonna be a custom ROM or an 8gig variant to avoid problems
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 9:07am On Jan 22, 2021
You guys load your ram with redundant apps undecided. Can u operate 10 apps at same time? You can work with at most 3 to 4 and clear the redundant ones and that won't even result in lags
I use the 3gig ram and I don't experience lags except with some really buggy apps like UC browser
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ekrizz(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2021
genius43:

Download full ROM and reinstall.

Boss, I couldn't find anything like that on PlayStore. Please can you help with the link or a picture of it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:17am On Jan 22, 2021
ekrizz:

Boss, I couldn't find anything like that on PlayStore. Please can you help with the link or a picture of it

grin grin grin

He meant download your device system ROM again.
Either go to system updater, click on the three dots on top and choose 'download latest update' or you send a screenshot of your about page so a manual link will be sent to you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:17am On Jan 22, 2021
ekrizz:

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:17am On Jan 22, 2021
genius43:

Mine without that option I highlighted even with this your option on. Notification won't come to lock screen.

Lol. It does.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2021
Gemineye:
I've hitherto done this oo, still when i double tap my screen, I won't see the notifications on lock screen

Turn on lock screen notifications for Downloads.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapien(m): 9:19am On Jan 22, 2021
House, does the Redmi note 9 or Redmi note 9 Pro support Glo 4G?

Swift reply will be appreciated, please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:20am On Jan 22, 2021
ekrizz:

I don't know who sent you there but I know I didn't.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2021
sapien:

Supports both GLO 4G bands
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:22am On Jan 22, 2021
sapien:

Technically all phones support Glo 4G(Glo now have Band 3 in plenty locations) but if you are band 28 specific all phones Released last year globally by Xiaomi does.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekene86(m): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2021
Gemineye:
Thanks Boss. But this one automatically wakes the screen when there's notification. Don't really know how to explain the stuff sha undecided but
The first pic shows notification on the notification bar
The second pic is the lock screen and the notifications no longer display on the marked area and I've not cleared them yet. Dunno if you get me

It's your theme. Some themes do not enable that lock screen notification. I have experienced it on some of my themes not until i change it was when i discovered it to be the problem. Change different themes and compare it and see what happens.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapien(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2021
genius43:

Technically all phones support Glo 4G(Glo now have Band 3 in plenty locations) but if you are band 28 specific all phones Released last year globally by Xiaomi does.
Thanks, man. I appreciate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapien(m): 9:42am On Jan 22, 2021
Meister:

Supports both GLO 4G bands
I appreciate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2021
ekrizz:

I am sure there's nothing wrong with your camera. Picture quality cannot be the same at all times. Expect worse picture quality during these times due to the harmattan and dusty atmosphere. Even with a DSLR, if you shoot at the same spot at the same time at different days, there are days where the pictures you get will be very poor.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2021
olayinkajnr:

Turn on lock screen notifications for Downloads.
I've done all these boss. I toggled all apps yet only music apps stays on lockscreen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2021
Ekene86:

It's your theme. Some themes do not enable that lock screen notification. I have experienced it on some of my themes not until i change it was when i discovered it to be the problem. Change different themes and compare it and see what happens.
I will keep changing sha, even default theme has same issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:07am On Jan 22, 2021
Gemineye:
I've done all these boss. I toggled all apps yet only music apps stays on lockscreen

Tor, works over here. I won't attribute it to a bug coz it's not. Maybe you should get used to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8154) (8155) (8156) (8157) (8158) (8159) (8160) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.