Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9172137 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8179) (8180) (8181) (8182) (8183) (8184) (8185) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 4:07am On Feb 04, 2021
Psychodavidovic:
Android 11 - ✔️
Miui 12.5 - ✔️

cool

I’m so jelly!
Time to roam xda again

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 4:18am On Feb 04, 2021
saint2ace:

Start up is faster, phone is smoother, data calls works well. The only issue is the call bug for me and headphones Bluetooth or wired doesn't work.

Guess, I'll have to abandon the phone and switch back to my mi9t, call logs and SMS are important to me, so torchlight phones are a no no....
fine, I don't really make phone call on any of my smartphone. So, I can still cope with the bug pending the time they will provide solution.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 5:06am On Feb 04, 2021
[quote author=lawrenceunaa post=98719997][/quote]

I like Rosemary font, but does Redmi Note 9s comes with default font with Rosemary's. Can't seems to find it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:06am On Feb 04, 2021
honsule:

I like Rosemary font, but does Redmi Note 9s comes with default font with Rosemary's. Can't seems to find it

No Xiaomi phone comes with Rosemary as default font. Roboto is Xiaomi's default font.

Go to the theme app and search Rosemary you will see them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:07am On Feb 04, 2021
Selwin256:

Does it have a good camera?

For the price yes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovelynife(m): 7:18am On Feb 04, 2021
Good morning @genius43 and other Ogas. which is better between redmi note 9 and poco m3?
Though I wish to buy fairly used note 9 (4/128g) but the price is d same with poco m3 (4/128g )though I will wait for a month before getting it from jumia. Is poco m3 a good buy and worth waiting for?
lastly, hope jumia version is not Chinese version? Thanks in anticipation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:20am On Feb 04, 2021
Sunnycliff:

How much is the phone. I think I like it

160k like a year ago, should be cheaper now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pheranme9(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2021
The note 9 is better performance wise, although the two phones have similar spec buying anyone is good but if u can buy a new phone it's more advisable
Lovelynife:
Good morning @genius43 and other Ogas. which is better between redmi note 9 and poco m3?
Though I wish to buy fairly used note 9 (4/128g) but the price is d same with poco m3 (4/128g )though I will wait for a month before getting it from jumia. Is poco m3 a good buy and worth waiting for?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2021
Lovelynife:

Buy Redmi 9T it is between 76-77k and available in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:26am On Feb 04, 2021
DeNoble001:
How do I set my phone to show smaller icons and fonts like this?

lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:26am On Feb 04, 2021
Psychodavidovic:

160k like a year ago, should be cheaper now.

Still over $400 for a brand new on eBay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovelynife(m): 7:31am On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

Buy Redmi 9T it is between 76-77k and available in Nigeria
wish to but max budget is 65k including delivery from jumia
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by theoneJabulani(m): 7:46am On Feb 04, 2021
Lovelynife:
If it's jumia global, you will end up paying more than 70k because of international customs fee

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:47am On Feb 04, 2021
Psychodavidovic:

Go to My specs >> All specs >> Keep tapping on the Miui Version till you see "No need, you're already a developer.

Go to settings > Additional Settings > Developer options >> [s]Under the drawing category you'll see 'Smallest Width". Increase the number to get the font smaller and reduce to make it bigger (Took mine from 450dp to 550dp)[/s]
Be careful with this, so that peeps don't blame you later!
This tweaking can render your phone useless temporarily if wrongly done. Be warned.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuksp09(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2021
Any one on redmi note 8 who have updated?
Any bugs?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:36am On Feb 04, 2021
OllyFair:
Default launcher
The miui default laucher has been the cleanest and smoothest laucher that I've used since I started using android as it made me addicted to it and have never changed to another.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2021
Prechy2836:

#1,800
No loud em ooo cracked apk
If one is using the cracked apk will one still need to pay the 1800 to download songs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2021
UPDATED2020:
my ba3 last longer now
Maybe it is this extreme optimisation done at the OS level that kills a call or phone process in the background that needs some people to restart the phone before making calls.
I complained that note 9 pro ain't getting updates like note 9s before butjit is like note 9s is being used as the sacrificial lamp to test updates for note 9 pro since they have almost same similar internals.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:56am On Feb 04, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

Maybe it is this extreme optimisation done at the OS level that kills a call or phone process in the background that needs some people to restart the phone before making calls.
I complained that note 9 pro ain't getting updates like note 9s before butjit is like note 9s is being used as the sacrificial lamp to test updates for note 9 pro since they have almost same similar internals.

Nothing like sacrificial lamb here, Redmi Note 9s was released earlier and they have different teams.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ikpunekenwa(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

Nothing like sacrificial lamb here, Redmi Note 9s was released earlier and they have different teams.
I was only play mocking my oga jemerson that is touting me as being jealous of note 9s getting faster updates than 9 pro though I never knew they were that different and had separate teams.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2021
chuksp09:
Any one on redmi note 8 who have updated?
Any bugs?

Pepe have been on this since last month Na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2021
Genius 23,jboixxx and co.
Adasun:
Guys,i dey with my redmi 7 now and i don't knw where to start from as per first time using xiaomi. grin grin

what are the necessary things i should do please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:41am On Feb 04, 2021
Adasun:
Gengius 23,jboixrxx and co.
Start from Xiaomi Compilation Thread. If there's anything you need more clarification on, mention us.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 10:51am On Feb 04, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

If one is using the cracked apk will one still need to pay the 1800 to download songs?
The cracked apk is basically a premium version so it's like you've already paid..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2021
jboixxx:
Start from Xiaomi Compilation Thread. If there's anything you need more clarification on, mention us.
I have done that.

1) what is mi account?

2)what is the importance of rooting?

3)how can I get g-cam for redmi7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:08am On Feb 04, 2021
Adasun
1) what is mi account?
Mi Account is a device user's account as avail on Apple devices. You can use it to sync all your data on all your Mi devices; data like pictures, videos, phonebook, SMS etc. It also serves as an added security if set up appropriately.

I advise you don't go there. If you must, check Xiaomi Phones Tweaking Thread.

Your device photography channel on Telegram. Is there none in the compilation post?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 11:18am On Feb 04, 2021
jboixxx:
Adasun
1) what is mi account?
Mi Account is a device user's account as avail on Apple devices. You can use it to sync all your data on all your Mi devices; data like pictures, videos, phonebook, SMS etc. It also serves as an added security if set up appropriately.

I advise you don't go there. If you must, check Xiaomi Phones Tweaking Thread.

Your device photography channel on Telegram. Is there none in the compilation post?
thanks boss.but why can't i watch YouTube videos.i am using WiFi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 11:35am On Feb 04, 2021
Adasun:

Only you can answer that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 11:38am On Feb 04, 2021
Jemerson:

Only you can answer that
don't be angry please but how?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 11:39am On Feb 04, 2021
Adasun:
don't be angry please but how?
try another network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2021
Jemerson:
try another network
okay,tanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 11:46am On Feb 04, 2021
Adasun:
if problem persists after switching network, clear YouTube app data and update from playstore.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8179) (8180) (8181) (8182) (8183) (8184) (8185) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.