Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9183659 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) (8230) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
awoo47:
its okay actually, nd i play codm without lag
on max graphics settings?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
awoo47:
its okay actually, nd i play codm without lag
bro how much for your mi 9 lite and what's the ram and rom size?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2021
hello everyone.
Good evening.

so I use Redmi 9A, since December last year, no issues sha, enjoying the phone, the battery is aight.

my only problem now is posting stuff on my WhatsApp status. Images taken with my phone become blurry and look horrible when I upload them. not all the time sha, but often. Also when I want to post only a segment of a video that's longer than 30secs, the video and the audio will be out of sync anytime I upload. Please is there a solution to this.

The blurry image thing happens only with photos taken with my phone and screenshots.
P.S. I am on the latest version of WhatsApp and I have no pending system updates.

thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
genius43:

Dimensity 1200+ is the latest and highest MTK Chipset.

And MTK restricted their top chipsets to China alone so it is no one's fault that they are making stu.pid business decisions
when people didn't want mtk they were everywhere, now people want them and they make them china exclusive. Kind of sad cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MMXX: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
What's the latest miui update plz.cos I got this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
MMXX:
What's the latest miui update plz.cos I got this

You want us to guess your phone ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
tidedroid:
when people didn't want mtk they were everywhere, now people want them and they make them china exclusive. Kind of sad cry

Even Samsung have joined the crase they made their Exynos 1080 China Exclusive for the first few months(Not sure of the duration) of it's release, nothing kukuma join me and Exynos for now self.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:
hello everyone.
Good evening.

so I use Redmi 9A, since December last year, no issues sha, enjoying the phone, the battery is aight.

my only problem now is posting stuff on my WhatsApp status. Images taken with my phone become blurry and look horrible when I upload them. not all the time sha, but often. Also when I want to post only a segment of a video that's longer than 30secs, the video and the audio will be out of sync anytime I upload. Please is there a solution to this.

The blurry image thing happens only with photos taken with my phone and screenshots.
P.S. I am on the latest version of WhatsApp and I have no pending system updates.

thank you in advance

WhatsApp have a very terrible compression algorithm. You will suffer more when uploading a photo that have already suffered from their compression.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Salarys: 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
gremp:

I don't know if the G95 was part of the fake benchmark scandal but that being said, SD 720 has more shaders and gigaflops.

But the main thing is optimization, it's no use having the most powerful engine if there's no tyre made to handle it and there's where mediatek keeps lagging behind. Due to a lot of SoC being pushed out, app developers can't focus on all of them at once, they only optimise the flagships.
That's why apple smartphones are always on top, one chip one ecosystem therefore easier to optimise.

Hello there.

Is this a custom ROM or a theme. If it's the latter, what is it's name? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Squirrel01: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
JasonSleek:
Almost 6 hrs of Call of Duty, Very High graphics, very high frame rate!?

That's it! I'M SATISFIED WITH MY DEVICE! shocked cool

#RN9S.

Lol the phone is good ,I'm enjoying mine.are you good in pugb game ?I wish to ask you for clarification on something about how to exit a plane on invitation,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MMXX: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Meister:

You want us to guess your phone ?
Redmi 7 sorry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam145: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2021
Good evening everyone,.....is there anyone using Redmi 9T here, please tell me how good the phone is and the price you bought yours.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
Haven't been chanced yet cause of exams and all, been a while grin....hope everyone's fine grin.....
Three months of the 9s and I've had no regret....well, just the earpiece compatibility thing grin but it's not a "regret", I just need to get the right earpiece grin.
Good evening all.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
SAMBHOSS:
Haven't been chanced yet cause of exams and all, been a while grin....hope everyone's fine grin.....
Three months of the 9s and I've had no regret....well, just the earpiece compatibility thing grin but it's not a "regret", I just need to get the right earpiece grin.
Good evening all.

Good evening. Exam success to you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
Salarys:

Hello there.

Is this a custom ROM or a theme. If it's the latter, what is it's name? Thanks.

No its none of the two, I'm running stock Android 10 on my Nokia 2.4. I use chrome so the notification bar blends in with the navigation bar of chrome plus the website had a white background. I'll call it a chance alignment of colors grin , you're welcome wink .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2021
genius43:

WhatsApp have a very terrible compression algorithm. You will suffer more when uploading a photo that have already suffered from their compression.

aaahhh!

so there's no solution?
WhatsApp be making people think my camera is very shitty���

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:

aaahhh!

so there's no solution?
WhatsApp be making people think my camera is very shitty���

Send as document or better still use Telegram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
evening guys, please i need a help.
i noticed of recent that my network on my note 9s is extremely slow mostimes unlike before,this happens even wen i switched to 4g and 3g on my mtn sim despite having with strong network connection in my area, tried changing to my airtel, same slow speed in loading of pages, downloading and others.took me lots of switching data of and on just to load this page. called mtn customer care, said nothing is wrong with my line.
your help will be appreciated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
elvischukie:
evening guys, please i need a help.
i noticed of recent that my network on my note 9s is extremely slow mostimes unlike before,this happens even wen i switched to 4g and 3g on my mtn sim despite having with strong network connection in my area, tried changing to my airtel, same slow speed in loading of pages, downloading and others.took me lots of switching data of and on just to load this page. called mtn customer care, said nothing is wrong with my line.
your help will be appreciated

MTN have network problems now and it is no longer news.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dolliz: 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
Abeg o does redmi 9t has notification light?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2021
MMXX:
Redmi 7 sorry

When did redmi 7 get miui 12 ? It's like I'm not up to date
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 11:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
genius43:

Good evening. Exam success to you.
Thanks boss cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:09am On Mar 04, 2021
gremp:

No its none of the two, I'm running stock Android 10 on my Nokia 2.4. I use chrome so the notification bar blends in with the navigation bar of chrome plus the website had a white background. I'll call it a chance alignment of colors grin , you're welcome wink .
how is the 2.4 ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 7:07am On Mar 04, 2021
awoo47:
yes ooo

u wan buy

it's still neat oo
yes.. drop your WhatsApp contact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 7:38am On Mar 04, 2021
genius43:

Send as document or better still use Telegram
The main issue is with WhatsApp status. Can't upload as doc there. also I use Tel but not people don't use Tel much.

any who, thanks sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damritoh(m): 8:05am On Mar 04, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:

The main issue is with WhatsApp status. Can't upload as doc there.
also I use Tel but not people don't use Tel much.

any who, thanks sha

If you don't mind, switch to GB WhatsApp...It allows you to upload high quality images without ruining the quality... It's so annoying when a very sharp image is ruined
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:10am On Mar 04, 2021
The Redmi Note 10 Launch Event is live.

So far....

Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
6.67 inch 120hz Super Amoled
SD732G
5000mah.
108mp

Redmi Note 10 Pro
Same specs as the Pro Max, except 64MP

Redmi Note 10

6.43 Super Amoled

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 8:45am On Mar 04, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
how is the 2.4 ?

I'm using the 2/32gb version, call clarity is very good.
It's not a for medium/heavy multitasking or gaming with its mediatek helio p22, but I was managing CODM till they updated it last season which makes it lag and crash.
Camera is only okay in good lighting condition.

Overall it's an okay phone for light users.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 8:48am On Mar 04, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 pro.
No 3.5mm jack.

Both Indian and international announcement today at 9:00pm WAT.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Series Pricing

Redmi Note 10
4GB + 64GB: ₹11,999 /165$
6GB + 128GB: ₹13,999 /192$

Redmi Note 10 Pro
6GB + 64GB: ₹15,999 /220$
6GB + 128GB: ₹16,999 /233$
8GB + 128GB: ₹18,999 /261$

Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
6GB + 64GB: ₹18,999 /261$
6GB + 128GB: ₹19,999 /275$
8GB + 128GB: ₹21,999 /302$

Since we're all waiting for the pricing...

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:54am On Mar 04, 2021
More.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintruky(m): 8:54am On Mar 04, 2021
enigma0:
I received an update via OTA, tried updating but network isn't that good at my current location., tried downloading it manually,the same problem persists,the update will stop at 7%, 4% or more at times. I was checking my file manager and saw this�.. is it that the update had been downloaded? clicking on the folder, saw a file of almost the same size of the update

oga genius43, Jboixxx

Please what's d name of d font u using as displayed in d pix u attached

(1) (2) (3) ... (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) (8230) ... (9316) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.