Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9197394 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8377) (8378) (8379) (8380) (8381) (8382) (8383) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:30pm On May 15, 2021
stinville:
Guys a Redmi note 8 barely a year and half old, turns off on its own even as the battery level is about 80%. This happens most times when it rings out or when music is played on its speakers. As such it's always on silence and calls are received via ear phone. What could be the issue.? Is it battery? Any solutions? Thanks

Might be the battery

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melodyogonna(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melodyogonna(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2021
Quick question. Does Budget phones like Redmi note 10 pro use same image processing software as flagships like MI11?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:13pm On May 15, 2021
melodyogonna:
Quick question. Does Budget phones like Redmi note 10 pro use same image processing software as flagships like MI11?

ISP is dependent on your processor first before the digital algorithm.

So no Redmi Note 10 Pro and Mi 11 aren't at the same level.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 3:49pm On May 15, 2021
Hello house, I just bought a SanDisk 64GB USB 3.1 OTG flash for my TV entertainment.
I got home sent some movie files to the OTG flash through my phone (RN9S).

Now I connected it to my LG Home theater USB port but it's not responding. It's writing No Data.

I tested it on my LG TV, it showed the TV shows I sent into the OTG flash, but it can't play the videos. It's saying file not supported. Abi them no support the flash version USB 3.1?? Dunno whether dem be USB 2.0 devices (suspected), but e suppose to work na, probably might be slower. The TV probably don't support the file format?
Its working on my friend's laptop.

I dey vex like dis, cos no one work. Abi na to go use otg cable connect them?

Cc genius43 jboixxx ollyfair & other gurus in the house. Abeg I need solutions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:05pm On May 15, 2021
abduleez1:
Hello house, I just bought a SanDisk 64GB USB 3.1 OTG flash for my TV entertainment.

Now I connected it to my LG Home theater USB port but it's not responding. It's writing No Data.

I tested it on my LG TV, it showed the TV shows I sent into the OTG flash, but it can't play the videos. It's saying file not supported. Abi them no support the flash version USB 3.1?? Dunno whether dem be USB 2.0 devices (suspected), but e suppose to work na, probably might be slower. The TV probably don't support the file format?
Its working on my friend's laptop.

I dey vex like dis, cos no one work. Abi na to go use otg cable connect them?

Cc genius.43 jboixx.x olly.fair & other gurus in the house. Abeg I need solutions.

Note that DVDs hardly play movies that aren't .Dat, AVI or MOV formats. Even if them write MP4 not to talk of MKV most of the times it struggles to work.

TVs on the other hand are better especially if it is a Smart TV.

Like my Android TV plays every format and encoding including x265/HEVC

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melodyogonna(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2021
genius43:

ISP is dependent on your processor first before the digital algorithm.

So no Redmi Note 10 Pro and Mi 11 aren't at the same level.
Oh, alright thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2021
genius43:

Note that DVDs hardly play movies that aren't .Dat, AVI or MOV formats. Even if them write MP4 not to talk of MKV most of the times it struggles to work.

Yea, na the pain be dat. I thought they'd play so far it's MP4 format. Na now I know say DVDs head no well. I think na DIVX format I see on top the Dvd. That mkv I know say e no fit work. Na MP4 from poor sites like Toxicwap wey no play pain me.

Na Una wey get Android TV and latest smart TVs dey enjoy na oo. My TV na 'dumb' one. grin

Thanks man. I've seen some recommendations to try out. Omo the process long die oo. cry on top entertainment. sad Will give you update on my success.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2021
genius43:

May God continue to bless you and everyone with beneficial knowledge. All this stuff depends on file format.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2021
fibonacci2526:

Tears loading cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 4:41pm On May 15, 2021
jboixxx:
Anywhere I read this, I always remember my unboxing of RN3 and GrandMufti's response to my camera query!
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by puregrace(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2021
Ziyech:

Install the system update first, clean your camera lens too.
okay I will do that,thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:51pm On May 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Yea, na the pain be dat. I thought they'd play so far it's MP4 format. Na now I know say DVDs head no well. I think na DIVX format I see on top the Dvd. That mkv I know say e no fit work. Na MP4 from poor sites like Toxicwap wey no play pain me.

Na Una wey get Android TV and latest smart TVs dey enjoy na oo. My TV na 'dumb' one. grin

Thanks man. I've seen some recommendations to try out. Omo the process long die oo. cry on top entertainment. sad Will give you update on my success.

You can get a Mi android TV stick or an android box and turn your dumb tv to a more sensible one.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:51pm On May 15, 2021
OllyFair:
May God continue to bless you and everyone with beneficial knowledge. All this stuff depends on file format.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 5:22pm On May 15, 2021
genius43:

You can get a Mi android TV stick or an android box and turn your dumb tv to a more sensible one.
That's the plan. grin
How much for the Mi TV stick. I know say e go cut person leg. grin Price wey I see for Roku & Amazon fire stick fear person. The money make me reason to buy full fledged smart TV.

Thanks man.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2021
abduleez1:

That's the plan. grin
How much for the Mi TV stick. I know say e go cut person leg. grin Price wey I see for Roku & Amazon fire stick fear person. The money make me reason to buy full fledged smart TV.

Thanks man.

Ask Busuyi44 if he still has or BlackArab

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinbuk45(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2021
melodyogonna:

Not on the same level
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:33pm On May 15, 2021
abduleez1:
In addition to what my oga Genius.43 said and as a temporary solution, decide on the platform to use in playing your videos (TV or home theater) and convert your videos to the supported format. That way, you'll enjoy your videos and your drive.

Someone bought an OTG from me some months back, she came later complaining that her device isn't playing the files, hence, seems I sold her fake unit! I just laughed. Your files not playing isn't the faulty of the drive but the file format you're trying to run isn't supported by the host.

And again, any USB drive will work on any USB port irrespective of its speed difference.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melodyogonna(m): 6:11pm On May 15, 2021
akinbuk45:

Not on the same level
Explain?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jegiosowor(f): 6:44pm On May 15, 2021
Jegiosowor:
Oredered a Redmi note 10 from Jumia
It's gonna be my first Xiaomi device.... Hope I'm making the right decision cheesy
I got the Xiaomi note 10 today

Oya na... Make una assist me, how do I update it? wink

And as a camera freak I need a link for gcam too

Thanks and God bless
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:56pm On May 15, 2021
Jegiosowor:

I got the Xiaomi note 10 today

Oya na... Make una assist me, how do I update it? wink

And as a camera freak I need a link for gcam too

Thanks and God bless

If there is an update prompt, just follow the instructions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EntrepreNuel: 7:29pm On May 15, 2021
genius43:

I tried casting yesterday and it worked. Though I use an Android TV.

Both TV and phone have to be connected on the same hotspot. Meaning you need a third party to serve as the host.

Congratulations bro.

I used another phone as the host (infinix note 4 pro) but Ut didn't work. When I used the rn10pro as the host, the infinix connected.

I use an LG smart tv though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melodyogonna(m): 8:49pm On May 15, 2021
Xiaomi needs to fix the full screen indicator. It doesn't work as it does on the tutorial demo, for switching apps that is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 9:06pm On May 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Yea, na the pain be da

Bros can you share ur tv model number pls, and how long have you had it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 10:39pm On May 15, 2021
puregrace:
Hi bosses, please I just get this redmi note 10 but the issue I'm having is that the camera looks not that sharp despite it being 48mp +4lens. Kindly suggest what I can do to improve it. Thanks
1. Stock Cam
2.GCam

Follow the suggestions you've been given earlier.
Good evening!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 10:50pm On May 15, 2021
jboixxx:
In addition to what my oga Genius.43 said and as a temporary solution, decide on the platform to use in playing your videos (TV or home theater) and convert your videos to the supported format. That way, you'll enjoy your videos and your drive.

Someone bought an OTG from me some months back, she came later complaining that her device isn't playing the files, hence, seems I sold her fake unit! I just laughed. Your files not playing isn't the faulty of the drive but the file format you're trying to run isn't supported by the host.

And again, any USB drive will work on any USB port irrespective of its speed difference.
Yea, True.
I've gotten some video converters. How they perform will determine which platform (DVD or TV) I stick with. Tho I'll like to stick with the home theater DVD cos of its speakers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shithapuns: 11:32pm On May 15, 2021
genius43:

That is why I placed Mi 11 Ultra separate from the rest. It is the best.

hmmmm. omo..the fone cost o..its over 1k usd pn a;iex[ress. any vendprs get am on country? 512gb variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toys2seven(m): 11:50pm On May 15, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro (8/128) Vs Mi 11 Lite (8/128)

Which is more advisable to go for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 11:57pm On May 15, 2021
genius43:

Which top android box would you suggest in the price range of #10,000- #15k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:27am On May 16, 2021
abduleez1:

Which top android box would you suggest in the price range of #10,000- #15k?

No top android box is in that range.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:28am On May 16, 2021
shithapuns:

hmmmm. omo..the fone cost o..its over 1k usd pn a;iex[ress. any vendprs get am on country? 512gb variant

Well Macbeyland pre-orders for people so make inquiries and consultations from him.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:11am On May 16, 2021
There's a new MIUI 12.0.9.0 QJFEUXM update for Redmi 9T, It appears once you click on the MIUI logo in About phone. Who has done it? I no wan enter Gbese. It's seems Xiaomi will solve one issue with update and create 10 more problems.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8377) (8378) (8379) (8380) (8381) (8382) (8383) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mhaey01(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.